Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

5 minutes ago, pyide said:

Do you still get access to this if you buy season content bundles after release? Or only if you had them prior?

you still get it, yes.

If I ignore that the engine sound in Scotland is too loud, I like Scotland very much
I also thought that Scotland, Wales looks very similar, but after driving a few miles now I don't see it that way anymore.

The flat out mode may be insignificant because you drive against the AI but it is still a lot of fun and I learn more about Colin

Seen the whole game, Codemasters has surpassed itself

• Agree 4

well done codie team you nailed it. best location in Dirt rally 2.0

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

In the real life S4 don't have right mirror. This is detal. Thx Codemaster for this car, is briliant! 

DiRT Rally 2_0_20200324162528.jpg

28 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

well done codie team you nailed it. best location in Dirt rally 2.0

Thats just ur opinion. 

I think its boring and ugly. 

• Disagree 4

So, here's my ususal first look coverage for all those still busy or still downloading and eager for more Scotland Driving. Even made two Vids this time:

• Like 1

I posted my thoughts but they disappeared off the end of the last page almost immediately.

But in short I think it's ugly to look at but good to drive. For me personally, the looks are affecting my enjoyment more than the driving at this moment.

The narrowness, consistent surface, and pace and moderate severity of the turns all work well together for driving, though it is completely punishing if you slip even a little off track.

The fog, the very low amount of visual pop and colour,  the repetition in the background and similarities to Wales all definitely do not work well together for entertaining your eyes.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, XenialJ said:

I posted my thoughts but they disappeared off the end of the last page almost immediately.

But in short I think it's ugly to look at but good to drive. For me personally, the looks are affecting my enjoyment more than the driving at this moment.

The narrowness, consistent surface, and pace and moderate severity of the turns all work well together for driving, though it is completely punishing if you slip even a little off track.

The fog, the very low amount of visual pop and colour,  the repetition in the background and similarities to Wales all definitely do not work well together for entertaining your eyes.

Its probable the devs deleted it. 

I have the feeling most of the thumbs down are from the creators. 

Im getting a Marvel/Disney/Brie Larson vibe here. 

I guess this was my last Codemasters game after owning all of the Dirt game till now with all DLCs. Not mentioning all the dirt games i bought for my friends for birthday. 

Oh well theres still hope for WRC9, they did a pritty good job with WRC8 BTW. 

• Haha 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, jarkus said:

In the real life S4 don't have right mirror. This is detal. Thx Codemaster for this car, is briliant! 

the Impreza that codemasters used to map and record audio from for the game is Colin's actual car from that season. as far as I know, it has been left unchanged since 1997. it has a right wing mirror.

below are photos from the audio recording session in spring 2019. I had to dig a looooong time to find this haha...

On 5/3/2019 at 6:15 AM, tbtstt said:

I just closed it, then found it again at will. Pretty impressive for a console peasant. :classic_biggrin:

The BGM Sport slideshow of the audio recording can be seen here: 

Edited by ianism
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ImTheOx11 said:

Its probable the devs deleted it. 

No no, no-one deleted my post. I just mean that I posted it, and then page 27 ended so it doesn't appear to anyone viewing the current page (28).

40 minutes ago, jarkus said:

I know i see this video but look this video review 1997 season right mirror is only Safari Rally. 

4 minutes ago, ianism said:

the Impreza that codemasters used to map and record audio from for the game is Colin's actual car from that season. as far as I know, it has been left unchanged since 1997. it has a right wing mirror.

below are photos from the audio recording session in spring 2019. I had to dig a looooong time to find this haha...

17 minutes ago, ianism said:

Pretty sure the car they recorded is P8 WRC: that was the car McRae used for three events in 1997. 

Notably the car has had the roof changed at some point, because it has the central roof scoop from the latter S5's. 

2 hours ago, MarcoMaas said:

It is listed in the menu as 6 speed manual. So either the text is wrong or the car in the game is wrong.

The 98 wrc car was a 6 speed manual 

I really like the Scotland stages, it feels different to the others.

About the cars, the S4 isn't easy at the beginning, but then it shows his quality.

The new Subaru of the Group-A is now my preffered car of the game. Well done !

• Agree 1

What does the 18.7GB update do? I've not downloaded the pack, but when I went to play just now, I was told there was an update to download! 

18 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

The 98 wrc car was a 6 speed manual 

Correct, though Vatanen ran with the semi-auto box in Wales '98.

36 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

What does the 18.7GB update do? I've not downloaded the pack, but when I went to play just now, I was told there was an update to download! 

It does so that you can play the DLC in multiplayer for free if the host has paid for the DLC

3 hours ago, ianism said:

goddamn I wish I was back in the city right now. internet speeds out here are #!@?&*$!^%

image.png.8eaf677a815e5ec6802f4d81e5613ce9.png

Ouuch! It was a bit like that for me on our old hub.

2 hours ago, jarkus said:

DiRT Rally 2_0_20200324162528.jpg

Neither did mine when I'd finished with it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GregPit81 said:

My thoughts exactly.

I don't know if there is the same problem in other languages. I noticed this is not the same co-driver voice in french. Maybe they didn't get the time to record the standard one.

On my first try on Scotland's tracks (which are very nice by the way!), it ended like that:

4 hours of gameplay (and me struggling to stay on the road), right here 🙂

• Like 1