Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

I wrote to Codemasters today that they hope to have a look at Scotland and hope there will be a patch soon
So that the volume is the same as in the other rallies

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

That is a '97 car @gleylancer571, not a 98 (again, the roof vent has been changed). 

Sorry my mistake
but I think that's the right one, if so then it's true he only has one mirror

image.thumb.png.98ddce813a1f9b1ebdb9cca115b8d4a7.png

https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/368706/

image.thumb.png.6d98741bd5df2af2f83a5c8335311480.pnghttps://www.tmcollectibles.com/de/subaru-impreza-s4-wrc-mc-rally-1998

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Thanks 1

many cars got things added changed that even the experts have trouble sometimes. seen this recently with a ex rally subaru.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Is it right that the Impreza s4 is a 2000 class?
My opinion is she is a class A.

Edited by Koral
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Koral said:

Is it right that the Impreza s4 2000 class?
My opinion is she is a class A.

Its a World Rally Car specification car, not Group A, so it should be 2000cc.

WRC97 and early WRC98 got the twin vents @gleylancer571, latter WRC98, WRC99 and WRC2000 had the single center vent.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney

I have a question
Shouldn't the patch also include the Festive and Petter and Oliver Solberg Liveries?
I just looked and saw nothing

Edited by gleylancer571

6 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

@PJTierney

I have a question
Shouldn't the patch also include the Festive and Petter and Oliver Solberg Liveries?
I just looked and saw nothing

1.14, the next one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

1.14, the next one.

Thanks !

Next Week ??

Edited by gleylancer571

2 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

Thanks !

Next Week ??

No, at least a month away.

We're now into the "very minor updates" phase of the game as it is essentially content complete. Mainly high priority tasks only from this point on I imagine, though these liveries have already been pencilled in for 1.14.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, pyide said:

Do you still get access to this if you buy season content bundles after release? Or only if you had them prior?

Buy them at any time and it's yours.

• Agree 1

well I was filled with optimism when I heard about this update.

Big fan of Colin McRae and the Subaru Impreza 1997.

The cars look and sound stunning and the new stages are done in fantastic detail.

However it's the usual DR 2.0 bug bears that plague this for me.

I'm running on 80% AI difficulty to begin with (and thats very low for me, i'm usually around 85-95)

The top times being set on this difficulty level are WORLD RECORDS. So even after i feel like i have run a clean stage I still end up 45 seconds back. Impossible to have fun when you can't compete.

Pace notes- A LOT of pace notes are either wrong (a couple of 4 rights were flat out 6 rights) . still too soon so i'm braking earlier than necessary or too late that I'm thrown off the edge of a sheer drop.

Physics - Some of the cars feel like you are driving a blob of Jelly and react lazily to steering input, despite having tried numerous setups, which inevitably ends in being catapulted into a tree or stack of logs. I actually took my hands off the wheel on a wide section of road and the virtual hands in the cockpit were still partially steering the car, how can that be?

11 minutes ago, cjhill said:

well I was filled with optimism when I heard about this update.

Big fan of Colin McRae and the Subaru Impreza 1997.

The cars look and sound stunning and the new stages are done in fantastic detail.

However it's the usual DR 2.0 bug bears that plague this for me.

I'm running on 80% AI difficulty to begin with (and thats very low for me, i'm usually around 85-95)

The top times being set on this difficulty level are WORLD RECORDS. So even after i feel like i have run a clean stage I still end up 45 seconds back. Impossible to have fun when you can't compete.

Pace notes- A LOT of pace notes are either wrong (a couple of 4 rights were flat out 6 rights) . still too soon so i'm braking earlier than necessary or too late that I'm thrown off the edge of a sheer drop.

Physics - Some of the cars feel like you are driving a blob of Jelly and react lazily to steering input, despite having tried numerous setups, which inevitably ends in being catapulted into a tree or stack of logs. I actually took my hands off the wheel on a wide section of road and the virtual hands in the cockpit were still partially steering the car, how can that be?

Thats probably how a real car would react on a gravel road if you let your hands off the wheel 😛

OK so I don't appear to have the DLC cars necessary to complete the McRae challenges (I haven't bought the Focus '01) despite being told they would all be included in the pack.

58 minutes ago, ff74 said:

OK so I don't appear to have the DLC cars necessary to complete the McRae challenges (I haven't bought the Focus '01) despite being told they would all be included in the pack.

That’s unexpected.

Can you drop it in the bug thread in Technical Assistance?

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

No, at least a month away.

We're now into the "very minor updates" phase of the game as it is essentially content complete. Mainly high priority tasks only from this point on I imagine, though these liveries have already been pencilled in for 1.14.

the i20 WRX will be in it as well? 😗 

• Like 1

OMG, so good! I didn't await much but it's pretty good. Great job, CM!

This DLC reignited my passion for this game. Driving those Subarus through beautiful Scottish roads is an exhilarating experience. Thanks Codies!

By the way, seeing some new gravel roads really made me realise how much I miss the random stage generator from Dirt 4, lackluster as it was...

I'm loving it! Visually the new Scotland rally seems like a mix of Finland and New England, without the problems of either. The fog is present, but it's nowhere as bad as Finland. And the autumn colours are toned down from NE's horrid colour palette. It really has it's own look - similar to Wales, but different to have it's own distinct feel. Which is more than I had hoped. At times it looks absolutely beautiful.

I'm loving the gentle undulations but with unforgiving sides of this rally too. Thumbs up!

Now just hoping the next Dirt iteration goes for a photographic textures look rather than a 'drawn' one.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ff74 said:

wait, so you can't use the cars in that McRae mode, or you can't use the cars in Freeplay or My Team?