DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

Having played more tracks, the fog is actually worse than I first appreciated. It's present, much too present. But still I somehow believe it's not as bad as Finland.

At any rate, fog aside, I'm having the type of rally fun the Canberra stages in RBR gave me.

Which is much fun.

• Agree 1

How is your download doing @RallyDriven? MIne had 70 minutes to run when I left for work this morning, so I am hoping that I'll finally get my hands on it this evening!

Finally got to play it for awhile earlier, both cars are nice, selection of liveries are poor in my opinion for both cars, @PJTierney also why does the driver and co-driver most have blue race suit and helmets when driving the 555 livery?? All other Subaru have them when driving with the blue liveries.

scotland is lovely also, from what I’ve played so far.

The trophies on ps4 are 5 for Colin. In patches notes they right that they are 6. It's missing the last one about "French translation". 

11 hours ago, ff74 said:

OK so I don't appear to have the DLC cars necessary to complete the McRae challenges (I haven't bought the Focus '01) despite being told they would all be included in the pack.

The cars will be available in the McRae challenges only if you not own the DLC cars. So if you not own the DLC, the cars will not show up in MyTeam and Freeplay.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

The cars will be available in the McRae challenges only if you not own the DLC cars. So if you not own the DLC, the cars will not show up in MyTeam and Freeplay.

This is correct, you essentially get a temporary "rental" of these cars (and places like Monte Carlo, Wales, Finland, Sweden and Greece) for those Scenarios but to use them elsewhere in the game they require purchase.

• Agree 1

I’ve just started on the Colin scenarios and I think the Scotland location is an excellent piece of work and great fun to drive. I also love the increase of the intensity from the co-driver. The pace notes are just magnificent. 😃👍🏻

15 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

It does so that you can play the DLC in multiplayer for free if the host has paid for the DLC

For me then it's just a big waste of time and space on the console!

finally finished the download. haven't actually driven anything yet, but has anyone else noticed that in the new Group A weekly event in Scotland, 8/9 stages are with heavy rain? that's hilarious. also weird: none of the stages are at night. I feel like they did this on purpose?

second, I see two community challenge events where you are limited to one specific car (the Legacy and the new Impreza of course). could we get more of these, for all kinds of different cars from the game?

third, no Dry condition at Dusk in Scotland? that's too bad.

Scotland definitely too foggy, but switch to a wet stage. Looks much better.

Of course then yeah you have to drive in the wet.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

@2Technical would know, I don't have specifics.

Nope, no new slot. So no way to have one setup per gravel location.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Lenman said:

Nope, no new slot. So no way to have one setup per gravel location.

Thats a bit of an oversight. I hope they add another in the upcoming patch.

btw i wont be able to try it myself for a while but by watching Scotland on streams it looks like setups made for Finland can work pretty good if you lower the gears/car a bit?

Edited by somethingthing

13 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Thats a bit of an oversight. I hope they add another in the upcoming patch.

btw i wont be able to try it myself for a while but by watching Scotland on streams it looks like setups made for Finland can work pretty good if you lower the gears/car a bit?

Far fewer jumps (so different damper settings) and you still need a long gear for the faster sections.

I would say that Poland setups would be better suited than Finland.

I just drove the weekly event in Scotland.
I like Scotland very, very well and I don't see much resemblance to Wales

Scotland has a lot more trees / forests than Wales
I also like the fact that Scotland is very challenging
Really great done Codemasters

• Agree 1

The spanish codriver in Scotland speaks a lot faster and with more emotions than in the old events. It's a great improvement.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, damianbaldi said:

The spanish codriver in Scotland speaks a lot faster and with more emotions than in the old events. It's a great improvement.

I have to tell him to calm down half the time while he's dropping that hot new rap track.

• Haha 1

At least you have got co-drivers sound, mine disappeared after a few runs, all I have got now is a low engine audio and very loud crashes and bangs when I go over jumps.:(

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I have to tell him to calm down half the time while he's dropping that hot new rap track.

French codriver sleep, is very disappointed 

• Sad 1

Awesome. I have to say it didn't take too much driving with the Legacy to make it my new favorite 4wd car.

New achievements are damn difficult compared to the rest of the game

Posted (edited)

Is there a way to publish the setups you guys made for the Sierra Cosworth within the Colin McRae career events? Can't imagine these are the stock setups, the Sierra feels soooooo good!! At New Tealand it was a dream to drive!

EDIT: I mean the setups, not the results. @PJTierney

Edited by LutzM
  • Agree 1