Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Is there a similar solution for Xbox players? I don't think so as cloud saves are always synced.

You can go offline in the console settings, delete your local save of the game and do that thing, but I wouldn't risk it.
Theoretically you should get your save back from the cloud, as soon as you start the game while online, but I don't know if the game saves the achievements while offline and unlock them, as soon as you get online again.

Just wait for a patch, it isn't worth the risk.
I bet the achievements will unlock as soon as you start the game, if you met all requirements after the patch.
Would not be the first time for me.

11 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Is there a similar solution for Xbox players? I don't think so as cloud saves are always synced.

I think so there are similarities with Xbox as I followed the advice of UnderclassGDfan it worked.

The best thing is to wait for an update. I took the risk of starting again with the containment I do not work I had time to play.

What I did just before doing the last test with the MG Metro I had made a backup if the trophies did not unlock while waiting for the update just to start this event again.

Finally managed to get a clean enough run in the Subaru to crack the 7 minute mark on Newhouse Bridge last night. I was well ahead of my previous times with three sectors to go, so I was very cautious towards the end, just to make sure I didn't throw it away near the finish!

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Finally managed to get a clean enough run in the Subaru to crack the 7 minute mark on Newhouse Bridge last night. I was well ahead of my previous times with three sectors to go, so I was very cautious towards the end, just to make sure I didn't throw it away near the finish!

Very easy to bin it on the last jump too.

Also, incase you didn't know, Jon's FLAT OUT run on YouTube was on that car/Stage specifically to help people with the Achievement 🙂 

24 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Very easy to bin it on the last jump too.

Also, incase you didn't know, Jon's FLAT OUT run on YouTube was on that car/Stage specifically to help people with the Achievement 🙂 

I actually blew several runs on the hairpins in the second half of the stage: came in a little bit too hot, ran wide and then slid off the road: very frustrating to "survive" the fast sections and then throw away a good time on a slow bit!

I'll probably try running the same stage in the '07 Focus later, as I am sure that I'll post a quicker time in one of the later 2000cc cars... but then I'm going straight back to the Subaru again. :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

@PJTierney

do you know when the co-driver problem for scotland will be fixed or when there will be a patch?

We're looking to make codriver tweaks in the next update, but that's still TBC.

This however does require a full republish which means the entire location needs to be downloaded again, so expect another 10+GB update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Download Scotland again no problem, I hope that the faulty one is gone from the PSN store

Thanks for the answer

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We're looking to make codriver tweaks in the next update, but that's still TBC.

This however does require a full republish which means the entire location needs to be downloaded again, so expect another 10+GB update.

Scotland files are only 5.33GB in my folder but its nice to hear you looking into it!

Do you know if ill still be able to play the game if i delete the rallycross tracks btw?

3 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Scotland files are only 5.33GB in my folder but its nice to hear you looking into it!

Do you know if ill still be able to play the game if i delete the rallycross tracks btw?

You need everything installed or else half the game won't work, quirk of the way we loan out content to players with Daily Challenges.

• Agree 1

@PJTierney You maybe overlooked my question about the Legacy RS 😅
Is the missing brake reliability upgrade in My Team for that car intended or a mistake?
Wasn't sure to make a bug report about that.

I also found/experienced a weird bug with the new SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally, but I'm not sure if that makes sense to report, because I had it only one time so far.

12 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney You maybe overlooked my question about the Legacy RS 😅
Is the missing brake reliability upgrade in My Team for that car intended or a mistake?
Wasn't sure to make a bug report about that.

I also found/experienced a weird bug with the new SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally, but I'm not sure if that makes sense to report, because I had it only one time so far.

What's the funky bug?

I know the gear change animation is getting updated.

Also, no idea on the Legacy.

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

What's the funky bug?

I know the gear change animation is getting updated.

Err, don't know nothing about gear changing animation. Arrgh, now I will notice 🤣

I had the windshield sun-mirror effect on the wrong side of the windshield in cockpit-view (with wheel position).
It was directly in view and I crashed a few times because it "blocked" a bit my view. 
It's supposed to be on the top of the windshield and it was probably upsidedown.

It started to happen in clubs, service area didn't resetted it like with some older bugs.
After that I started a time trial race on the same stage (some short greece one) and it was still there.
A game restart fixed it.

The two new SUBARUs also have some graphical issue on the dashboard while driving in some places like greece and new zealand (depends on the time of day), it's the same issue the Porsche 911 SC RS had and got fixed. Some elements are flickering while driving/being on the start line.
But way smaller than on the Porsche. So not a big deal.
The Opel Kadett has the same issue on the right side of the dashboard.

Yes, I see such small things 🤣

On the positive side: I saw the BMW M1 Procar got fixed! The foots of the co-driver doesn't go into the car anymore. They have a new position. Some reeeeaaallly small detail, but I was impressed that one got fixed!

• Agree 1

If anything's repeatable, stick it in the bug thread anyway.

1.14 is getting locked in real soon though so at a certain point bugs won't get looked at until 1.15.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

If anything's repeatable, stick it in the bug thread anyway.

1.14 is getting locked in real soon though so at a certain point bugs won't get looked at until 1.15.

Yeah, well...the mirror bug happened only once, probably very rare. Maybe the replacement bug for the I-mix-my-car-parts-how-I-want-bug 😀

I just don't know if I should wait for the 1.15-thread or just post it in both, or 1.14-thread is enough.
These are all not critical in my point of view, so no rush.
I also forgot to re-post my beloved stats-bug for monthlies again 😅

At this stage there are some bugs that are so minor they likely won't get fixed. That's just the way games are these days, team needs to move on to future projects some time afterall.

There are oddities in Forza Motorsport 7 that annoy me but since they sunsetted development last year they ain't getting changed 😄 

9 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

At this stage there are some bugs that are so minor they likely won't get fixed. That's just the way games are these days, team needs to move on to future projects some time afterall.

There are oddities in Forza Motorsport 7 that annoy me but since they sunsetted development last year they ain't getting changed 😄 

Well, I expected that will happen at some point. I even thought the Flat Out Pack would be the last touch on the game, but the support is pretty good.

My personal opinion is, that games nowadays have too many features, causing the game being too complex to really have a very polished game.
Not even Red Dead Redemption 2 or Grand Theft Auto V are not even close to perfection, even with the huge absurd high budget these games have.
Only Nintendo-Games are still very polished, but these games have also a huge budget and are 5+ years in development like TLoZ: BotW.

Forza Motorsport 7 was a disaster. I was extremely disappointed. I was a FM-player since FM2. But all those changes there made, pushed me away from it.
There was a time frame within the life cycle I thought there back on the road, but the last 3-4 updates even introduced new bugs and the game never reached it's true potential.
I think this is Microsoft's fault, probably forcing Turn 10 to implement bs like these boxes or clown driver suits and such things.
I have not much hope for FM8, because FH4 is just absolutely disgusting right now.

DR 2.0 is my last bastion of a true racing simulation right now. No costumes, no gambling, no attention cars that don't belong in the game.
For now.

• Agree 3

Is it just me or does anyone else find the S4 difficult to drive? I find it has a lot of understeer, the group a Impreza is a much nicer car to drive

• Agree 2

On 4/3/2020 at 7:04 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Forza Motorsport 7 was a disaster. I was extremely disappointed. I was a FM-player since FM2. But all those changes there made, pushed me away from it.

I quite enjoyed FM7 when it came out and played it a lot but after playing DR 2.0 I find the handling of Forza is poor. Maybe because DR 2.0 is so good.

3 hours ago, tonzboher said:

Is it just me or does anyone else find the S4 difficult to drive? I find it has a lot of understeer, the group a Impreza is a much nicer car to drive

Yep, quite some understeer. You need to dial in some oversteer and you'll be fine. 

3 hours ago, tonzboher said:

Jenna Fischer Raise Hand GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I find all the other Imprezas (& the Legacy) easier to drive

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tonzboher said:

I think that the Subaru Impreza responds very directly to steering commands and lies like a board

Edited by gleylancer571

5 hours ago, richie said:

Yep, quite some understeer. You need to dial in some oversteer and you'll be fine. 

How would I do that? I have been always using gtr technicals set ups, the S4 drives fine on tarmac but it handles like a pig on gravel, won’t turn in at all. It’s such a same because I thought Codemasters would have done a much better job with it, it sounds and looks for the most part very well. There is a few things that do annoy me with the looks of the car, incorrect gravel wheels on the car, the most of the 98 season the car had the same gravel wheels as the 2001 Impreza, and why does the driver and co-driver have white race suits and helmets when all the other Subaru’s with blue liveries have blue suits and helmets, it looks stupid imo. The selection of liveries are a joke also as with a lot of other cars in the game , no thought put into them but we are all sick of talking about liveries on this forum. The steering wheel annoys me too, should be the same as the 2001 Impreza. It’s a pattern throughout the whole game, Codemasters do fantastic work and then on some small things its like they just couldn’t be bothered, e.g incorrect car sounds, incorrect gear changes, 206 and fabia, cars in wrong categories, lancer and S4 and some shocking liveries on most cars. Don’t even get me started on the difficulty of the A.i in career mode and some of the times that guys are putting in online, ridiculous!! there is no pleasure in driving competitively in the game. On a good note tho, Scotland and the legacy are perfect👍🏻👍🏻 There that’s my rant over😂😂

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

How would I do that? I have been always using gtr technicals set ups, 😂

Pretty sure he has a setup for the S4 as well. I don't get why you focus so much on these tiny little things. Not worth it. The car's awesome and any other livery than McRae's is pointless in my view. 

Edited by richie
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, richie said:

Pretty sure he has a setup for the S4 as well. I don't get why you focus so much on these tiny little things. Not worth it. The car's awesome and any other livery than McRae's is pointless in my view.  

Edited by gleylancer571