Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

48 minutes ago, richie said:

Pretty sure he has a setup for the S4 as well. I don't get why you focus so much on these tiny little things. Not worth it. The car's awesome and any other livery than McRae's is pointless in my view.  

So there can only be one paint job and only Colin?

@tonzboher

You are certainly right that many details are incorrect, but you must also see that Codemasters has already responded to the criticism in the forum and improved many details in the cars
Second, you have to see the whole game and Codemasters did a great job there

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

So there can only be one paint job and only Colin?

@tonzboher

You are certainly right that many details are incorrect, but you must also see that Codemasters has already responded to the criticism in the forum and improved many details in the cars
Second, you have to see the whole game and Codemasters did a great job there

I mean the livery with the green on it is awful🤮🤮🤮

of course they have done a great job, I can not deny that but I just wish the S4 handled abit better and wasn’t in a class with the newer wrc cars

• Agree 1

Started going through the Scenarios on Very Hard today, done the first Tier already.

Initial thoughts: I've never driven an RS500 that quickly before 😄 Looking at the TT board for the same route as the Scotland '88 Scenario, I'd be 35th with that time.

10 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Started going through the Scenarios on Very Hard today, done the first Tier already.

Initial thoughts: I've never driven an RS500 that quickly before 😄 Looking at the TT board for the same route as the Scotland '88 Scenario, I'd be 35th with that time.

Did you actually won that scenario?
Was huge fun to drive! 😄

I like all three liveries for the Subaru S4 but 3 liveries for the S4 and Legacy are really much, much too little.
All Up to 2000cc cars have too few liveries

11 hours ago, tonzboher said:

of course they have done a great job, I can not deny that but I just wish the S4 handled abit better and wasn’t in a class with the newer wrc cars

The S4S5 is actually faster than I was expecting. I am not challenging my fastest 2000cc times in it, but I am not as far off as I was expecting. I find it very predictable to drive. 

33 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:
I like all three liveries for the Subaru S4 but 3 liveries for the S4 and Legacy are really much, much too little.

Yeah, I am really hoping a plain WR blue livery will come for the Impreza...

8s4a0649.jpg?itok=92c7xlTj

...any chance in the next patch @PJTierney? (Which I assume is due next month?)

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Did you actually won that scenario?
Was huge fun to drive! 😄

Beat P1 by 3 seconds 🙂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The S4S5 is actually faster than I was expecting. I am not challenging my fastest 2000cc times in it, but I am not as far off as I was expecting. I find it very predictable to drive. 

I was hoping for a plain blue for every Subaru in the game and plan red for the lancer evo vi

I personally don't need more liveries, I'm quite happy with the selection now.
Wouldn't use plain colors anyways.

Since I'm driving in cockpit view, I don't see them as often as others probably, so I don't care that much.

• Agree 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:47 PM, PJTierney said:

You’re setting off OCD calling it an RS500 🤯

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, tbtstt said:

Wait, why would you want your S5 to look like a 22B? :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Im currently doing the Colin challenges and just finished Greece in the Subaru when you are going to beat the spanish guy by a minute. I did a try yesterday but for some reason he was much quicker on the last stage then! I think he was around --.54 to --.55 (i did a retry) and he beat me. I gave it a new shot today and on the last stage i beat him by 30 seconds or something and only got a --57 so about the same pace as yesterday. The difficulty is set to the same. So if you struggling, maybe just restart the game or go back to the challenge another time. If you havent tried the challenges yet its worth giving them a chance, they are actually quite fun! 🙂

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

Just completed the 1995 Spain challenge: missed opportunity to put some waving Subaru mechanics before the finish! 

I'm getting obliterated at Greece 1998 (91 Difficulty).

Need to make 20 seconds over 5 Stages, but only gaining 5 on the first, 4 on the second, then losing 15 on the third, and more time on the 4th and 5th.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

If i try to make them in very hard difficulty they will unlock? I haven't try it because the first one didn't popped, with medium difficulty. PS4. 

@UnderclassGDfan has a workaround until it gets patched:

• Set desired difficulty level.
  • Reset the first setting  in the "Profile Reset" menu. (this causes you to reset your progress in several areas of the game, so I'd advise against it)
  • Do the Scenarios in order
  • Never touch the difficulty option again

Unless you're impatient like me, wait for 1.14 (some time in May) which may fix this.

9 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

@UnderclassGDfanUnless you're impatient like me, wait for 1.14 (some time in May) which may fix this.

Ah, wondered when the next update was coming! 

OK, thanks for the information. I will wait for the next update(are we sure that we will have a solution in the next update?).

1.14 isn't locked in yet so everything is subject to change.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why difficulty level is so hard? I am a causal player but was able to win dirt4 rally campaign using simulation mode and without assits. Here on very easy I'm 30 seconds behind leader or worse. Shouldn't very easy be for casual players ? Difficulty level it's not adjusted right.

Edited by sncvsrtoip

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

@UnderclassGDfan has a workaround until it gets patched:

• Set desired difficulty level.
  • Reset RaceNet data. (this causes you to reset your progress in several areas of the game, so I'd advise against it)
  • Do the Scenarios in order
  • Never touch the difficulty option again

Unless you're impatient like me, wait for 1.14 (some time in May) which may fix this.

No! Not RaceNet-Data!

Use the first option on save settings in profile settings.
It deletes all tune-setups, all progress in Colin McRae Scenarios, Historic Championships, World RX Championship, all saves in Custom Championship and your current My Team Rally/RX Championship (but not the tier you are in).

RaceNet-Data would delete your My Team-garage and credits, not necessary.

• Like 1

Finished the challenges now. It was much more fun than regular single player and the only thing that i didnt like was rain on all stages in Wales and a couple of times when we are not allowed to setup the car ourselves even if it was multiple stages. I hope you will bring single player with a little twist in the next game aswell!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, somethingthing said:

It was much more fun than regular single player

I agree, the defined targets really helped me focus.

By having difficulty at 91 I was able to get a glimpse into the lines and speed required to be "esports good", the game wouldn't have really taught me that otherwise.

I feel like a faster driver now because of doing the Scenarios.

Done all the scenarios on Medium 71% and really enjoyed playing through them.

Have now gone through and done 39/40 on Very Hard 91% and found they were a real challenge, but in the good sense. Did all of them except the Greece 1996 and 1998 ones with stock tuning, just removing the spare wheel where possible to save a bit of weight. Used GTR Technicals great tunes (from YouTube) to clear the Greece ones I was finding more hard.

But that Scotland 2006 one in the Metro on 91%......  So far I'm just not fast or clean enough