Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

12 hours ago, neil3646 said:

Used GTR Technicals great tunes (from YouTube) to clear the Greece ones I was finding more hard.

Ironically removing @2Technical's setup helped me pass Greece 1998, as I wasn't getting enough rotation in the corners.

52 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Ironically removing @2Technical's setup helped me pass Greece 1998, as I wasn't getting enough rotation in the corners.

Oh yea, the car was utterly terrible in the hairpins, but I found it better elsewhere 

Finally!!!

Even better, the bugged achievement popped for me so I’m back to 100%

Any plans to add more achievements? That 1585 game score is so untidy!

7B34773A-4340-42E7-A9B9-24A83B801C80.jpeg

52CB371F-7389-4145-8156-33780000D2C8.jpeg

Welcome to the club 😉 

This is the final Achievement count for the game.

Also, if you want untidy, there's an Achievement in DiRT Rally that gives.... 4 gamerscore. 4.

image.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Also, if you want untidy, there's an Achievement in DiRT Rally that gives.... 4 gamerscore. 4.

image.png

Ah yes I remember that one. One of the others was worth 6G to balance it out haha

Edited by neil3646

On 4/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, PJTierney said:

It's just further proof that there is no such thing as one setup to rule them all. For me in time trial with the soft tyres bolted on the rotation in the hairpins was bang on, However for another driver that likes a looser car on a degraded surface it can turn from a great setup to one that washes out when things get twisty. You really didn't have to remove the entire setup. Just lower the diff settings. That's the only major thing that would cause the car to wash out in the hairpins. So going from a pristine surface to a degraded one you are most likely going to lower the diffs by 2 straight out the bat. If you bolt on the mediums with a degraded surface i would be inclined to drop the diffs by 4 and soften springs and roll bars by 2.

Now with that in mind i would like to put a request in for i minor change to the game. I would like stage deg to be added to time trial as an option OR the option to return the the service park in custom when you only have one stage selected. Either would be nice. I just cant run in custom to give a more accurate setup because i have to keep driving back and forth between the service park and the stage to make adjustments. If you could pass that on @PJTierney that would be great.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 12:47 AM, PJTierney said:

Started going through the Scenarios on Very Hard today, done the first Tier already.

Initial thoughts: I've never driven an RS500 that quickly before 😄 Looking at the TT board for the same route as the Scotland '88 Scenario, I'd be 35th with that time.

Did you also change to manual clutch and manual H-shifter or are you driving with paddles, what's a lot easier?

For me it's not managable at the moment with manual Clutsch and H-Shifter on very hard.

1 hour ago, Peter Mathen said:

Did you also change to manual clutch and manual H-shifter or are you driving with paddles, what's a lot easier?

For me it's not managable at the moment with manual Clutsch and H-Shifter on very hard.

I'm on paddles but I have clutch override mapped to the wheel.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:39 PM, PJTierney said:

@UnderclassGDfan has a workaround until it gets patched:

• Set desired difficulty level.
  • Reset the first setting  in the "Profile Reset" menu. (this causes you to reset your progress in several areas of the game, so I'd advise against it)
  • Do the Scenarios in order
  • Never touch the difficulty option again

Unless you're impatient like me, wait for 1.14 (some time in May) which may fix this.

I get the first trophy in scenarios and now i will try the very difficult level to take and the last one trophy of Dirt Rally 2.0. Thanks a lot for the solution. My tries is after the 1,14 patch. PS4. 

The Achievements should be working again after 1.14, though you might need to repeat Australia 1997.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The Achievements should be working again after 1.14, though you might need to repeat Australia 1997.

Yes, i repeat the Australia and the trophy "if in doubt" came to me. Now i will try for the "flat out". 

• Like 1

Beat the  Spanish with 1 minute or more in Greece. It's very difficult, my best result is only 20 seconds ahead in very difficult set.

Trying to do some of these challenges in Very Hard is controller smashingly frustrating. 

I have repeatedly tried the two stage New Zealand challenge in the Sierra and am having to push so hard that I always slip up once and lose a second or two. It is making me mad! 

• Agree 1

After successfully reinstalling Dirt Rally 2.0 earlier, I'm tempted to reset the game and just set up and drive the Colin McRae cars. All I've ever really wanted from a Codemasters rally game is Colin McRae Rally with better graphics, and that's just what this is now. Happy days!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Trying to do some of these challenges in Very Hard is controller smashingly frustrating. 

I have repeatedly tried the two stage New Zealand challenge in the Sierra and am having to push so hard that I always slip up once and lose a second or two. It is making me mad! 

You'll love Greece 1998 😉 

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Driving the Subaru I'll be quite happy. I swear I am never driving the Sierra Cossie after cracking New Zealand though, I had to switch the PS4 off earlier because I wanted to punch something. 

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I remember it well. 

Partly because that was the year my 2nd son was born.

I know codemasters brought in people to help with dirt rally 2.0 .

Which is why the game feels so good on a wheel. 

But why can't F1 or Grid 2019 be good also. 

People's feedback on DiRT Rally 2.0 helped define how you can set up your wheels in GRID.

Every F1 game has a closed beta, 2020's is currently active.

I have complete all the scenarios in very difficult set except Greece 1996 with Subaru Impreza 1995 .Finish one minute ahaid of the Spanish driver.It's very very difficult. Any tips guys? 

Finally, i made it with 1:25 difference with Spanish driver. And i have take and the last trophy of Dirt Rally 2.0. Thanks for this amazing, great, game. 

On 5/24/2020 at 4:20 AM, senna94f1 said:

I remember it well. 

Partly because that was the year my 2nd son was born.

I know codemasters brought in people to help with dirt rally 2.0 .

Which is why the game feels so good on a wheel. 

But why can't F1 or Grid 2019 be good also. 

Dirt 2.0 beats F1 Force Feedback by a Country mile.

My G29 allways with F1 just seems like a gear is stripping inside the housing when gravel/curbs etc. etc is touched.

But in Dirt 2.0 , boy o Boy, waaayy different and better. I`ve never heard that gear scratching sound inside the wheel again , all feedback goes to the steering wheel.

Absolutely Brilliant !!!

Hi.I'm japanese driver. I have some questions.

Why is my AI so fast?

This image is of Colin Mcrae 1989 New Zealand. And this difficulty level is very hard 91. The Youtube video I saw was 49:32 at difficulty 100.

I fight this scenario every day but I can never clear.

Is this a bug? Is this bug only in japan? or only me?

I want to get the trophy Flatout.

Help me codemasters!!!

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

Edited by japandriver