DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

If anyone's struggling with the secret Achievement that requires this pack, here's a guide:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I actually found that trophy much easier than some of the McRae challenges on Very Hard! 

Good video though, few sections where you are carrying more speed than me: will have to go back and try some more runs! 

58 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I actually found that trophy much easier than some of the McRae challenges on Very Hard! 

Good video though, few sections where you are carrying more speed than me: will have to go back and try some more runs! 

The Metro runs were tricky, but fortunately the last one is on the same Stage as this so teachings carry over.

• Agree 1

On 6/6/2020 at 7:39 PM, PJTierney said:

The Metro runs were tricky, but fortunately the last one is on the same Stage as this so teachings carry over.

I am yet to try the last 6R4 stage on Very Hard, so those areas where you are carrying more speed are likely to assist me there. 

Was struggling with the Finland (damaged) WRC98 challenge last night. I had multiple attempts where I was consistently half a second too slow, then did a messy run and somehow managed to beat the challenge by almost 5 seconds. Bizarre, but I wasn't complaining!

There's likely some AI variance so if you did a new run from scratch you may be presented with easier times.

Also, first sector of Paskuuri, that can be taken full throttle.

As for the Metro, I redrove the final Scenario yesterday, this time on 100 difficulty. A 6:41 on Mediums (which is what all Scenarios use I believe) is nearly up there with my Time Trial run on Softs 😮  

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

There's likely some AI variance so if you did a new run from scratch you may be presented with easier times.

I just kept restarting. The goal is a fixed time (3:25 I think). Took me a few trips to the trees to figure out which bits I could take flat and which bits I had to back off for! 

Final Scenario on max difficulty, should help you no matter what level you’re at 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2020 at 6:45 PM, PJTierney said:

Final Scenario on max difficulty, should help you no matter what level you’re at 🙂

Sorry PJ totally disagree that this the most difficult challenge on the Colin Mcrae scenario challenges!! 😀

I think the most diffcult challenge is the 1995-1998 Monte Carlo which you have to finish within 1 minute of your Spanish rival with a slipping clutch. I'm currently trying to do this on very hard and spent 3 hours so far on it and still 15 seconds off the 1 minute. 🤬  I knew it might be a problem because I struggled slightly with it on hard mode and breezed through all the other scenairo's fine.

I've done the previous challenge on Australia (on very hard) and beat the time by 32 seconds. I never bother with tuning and always keep the car standard. So I'm wondering where I'm going wrong with this one? 

Could it be that because the clutch is slipping the car needs to be tuned in the Gearing?

I'm using a PS4 console could it be a bug, like in the buy all Group B cars for trophy and though you have all cars it wont unlock the trophy even after wasting money selling the cars a few times! :classic_angry:

Maybe you could do a video on this Monte Carlo Colin Mcrae 1995-1998 very hard mode? 👍🏼

Edited by stein11
edit

Monte Carlo, I remember that one.

Using Soft tyres and not Winter? It's way faster with Softs.

• Thanks 1

Been using winter. Will give the softs a try! Thanks! 👍🏼

16 minutes ago, stein11 said:

Been using winter. Will give the softs a try! Thanks! 👍🏼

I struggled on Winter too, but there's enough tarmac on those 4 Stages that Softs will give you a boost.

Aim to be less than 15 seconds off per Stage and you should be fine, but I remember the 4th Stage being almost all snow, so that's tricky.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I struggled on Winter too, but there's enough tarmac on those 4 Stages that Softs will give you a boost.

Aim to be less than 15 seconds off per Stage and you should be fine, but I remember the 4th Stage being almost all snow, so that's tricky.

Nailed it! Those softs tyres make a huge difference over the winter ones!!! 😀 Thanks dude.

Loving this Colin Mcrae part of the game. 👍🏼

I wonder if it's even possible to complete this Monte Carlo challenge on WINTER TYRES (tyre which is recommend ) on very hard mode 100%?

Dirt Rally.png

Edited by stein11

I'll write it again because no one answers me even if I consult via email or forum.

My AI is more than 1 minutes faster than non japanese player's AI on the same difficulty .(91 very hard/Colin Mcrae 1989 New Zealand)

Actually, I have a 3 minutes handicap instead of 2 minutes handicap.

The Youtube video I saw cleared the very hard through the time was slower mine.

My time 1st stage 8:37. 2nd stage 9:37. total time 50:20.My AI's total time 49:06.

The player's time I saw 1st stage 8:55. 2nd stage 10:07. total time 51:07.AI's total time 50:09.

Why is my AI 1 minutes faster than other player's AI even though it's the same difficulty 91 very hard. 

I can't get the trophy flat out because My AI is too fast!!!

I thought about the cause of this bug.

I suspect it's not patched well.

My version of Dirt rally 2.0 is 1.24 instead of 1.14.(the newest version)

Other japanese players are also  Version 1.24.Is this correct?

Please tell me how to solve it.

PS4 JapanDSC_0113.thumb.JPG.95292da354c007d254b5fc76de911733.JPGDSC_0118.thumb.JPG.9369269fd0d6b5986dfac6df5fdac303.JPGDSC_0117.thumb.JPG.f87f5ccdb1e40a3a3704d69fd1f84027.JPG

Is anyone else having this issue?

New Zealand - 1989, PS4

• Thanks 1

I am on PS4, set at 91 and had more hassle doing that on Very Hard then any other McRae challenge thus far. 

I can't remember what stage times I recorded, but I had to put in two pretty much perfect flat out runs to beat it. Sure my time for the second stage was under 10 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

I remember having a similar AI thing on Greece 1995 I think it was.

Final Stage the AI was unusually fast so I couldn't beat it.

Next time I started the Event from the beginning, it was back to normal levels.

From what I'm aware, as soon as you start an Event the AI times are locked in for all Stages, so the only way to "re-roll" for new AI times is to start the Event/Scenario from scratch.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Just done the challenge again set the same as japandriver at very hard 91, I'm also using a PS4 console.

It looks like my AI drivers time to finish within 1 minute was easier. I managed to finish within a second of first place. 

The time japandriver has on his photo of 49:06.865 is definitely doable though! My overall time was 50:11.087 and with more practice I think I could take another 25 seconds off it. So it's not an impossible time the AI has set. 😀

DR2 new_LI.jpg

Edited by stein11
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to everyone for their advice!!

After the weekly challenge,I will reset the scenario.

3 minutes ago, japandriver said:

Thanks to everyone for their advice!!

After the weekly challenge,I will reset the scenario.

Good luck. I vowed I would never drive the Sierra again after I passed it! :classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1