F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

2 hours ago, doeternitoeV10 said:

I was wondering, since the whole theme is Colin McRae, I'd assume Nicky Grist and/or Derek Ringer will be added as co-drivers for the special events.

If this would be the case (which I sure as hell hope so) would that mean we can use them in the other parts of the game aka use them instead of Phil Mills?

Pretty sure they would have announced if that were the case, so I certainly wouldn't assume that.

34 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Thanks for clearing.

Also to be clear, is FLAT OUT the last planned content for DR2?

I can't say for certain, but the "DiRT Rally 2.0 has been a wild and exciting ride, and the ‘FLAT OUT’ pack is the perfect way to conclude the journey" quote from Ross would certainly imply so to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Supposing that it is a tribute DLC, I think that something like this would be really suitable. And it would be cool if we saw some video materials showing Colin McRae driving with this Subaru, maybe as the introduction like to the other ones, if you remember, there are such videos, or at the end, when we complete it.

I'd guess that anything showing him in WRC competition would be well off limits...

TBH, I'm never a fan of that sort of stuff anyway, but fair play to those who are.

6 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Pretty sure they would have announced if that were the case, so I certainly wouldn't assume that.

I can't say for certain, but the "DiRT Rally 2.0 has been a wild and exciting ride, and the ‘FLAT OUT’ pack is the perfect way to conclude the journey" quote from Ross would certainly imply so to me.

The flat out pack is the true dlc for this game along with 2019 RX content. The rest is remastered and should have been in game from launch. 

34 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

The flat out pack is the true dlc for this game along with 2019 RX content. The rest is remastered and should have been in game from launch. 

I've paid ~£20 for DLC in this.

For that, I got:

- 6 remastered versions of DR1 venues, 5 of which I consider to be big upgrades (Greece, Monte, Wales, Germany, Sweden) and 1 disappointment (Finland)

- 1 brand new location (Scotland)

- 2 remastered Group B RWD cars

- 2 brand new Group B RWD cars (M1 and 911)

- 4 remastered 2000CC cars (Focus 01, Impreza 01, C4 and Focus 07)

- 4 brand new 2000CC cars (206, Impreza S14 and Fabia, Impreza 98)

- 2 remastered F2 cars (Ibiza and 306)

- 1 brand new F2 car (Golf MkIV)

- 1 brand new Group A car (Legacy)

- 1 brand new RGT car (M2)

- A bunch of RX stuff I have no interest in

If I had paid that amount for just the stuff listed as 'brand new' above (~20-30km stage mileage and 9 cars that haven't existed in DiRT games before) and all the remastered content I mentioned was free, I'd say I've got good value for money there. As you say, you also get all the RX stuff if that floats your boat too.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

...I must admit that I was skeptical about this "something is coming" stuff from the start and my opinion was that it would be only a limited 2-3 car pack (besides I posted this before a week here)...so it is really nice to see that they will add an new rally location and also the fact that finally they show some kind of respect to their clients by giving it free (at least to the power users/buyers who paid extra for a remastered DR)....it also seems that is the "end of the road" for the DR2 which will remain incomplete in many areas and leave us with the taste that with future add-ons and corrections could be transformed into something unique.....

Edited by cflot

1 minute ago, cflot said:

...I must admit that I was skeptical about this "something is coming" stuff from the start and my opinion was that it would be only a limited 2-3 car pack (besides I posted this before a week here)...so it is really nice to see that they will add an new rally location and also the fact that finally they show some kind of respect to their clients by giving it free (at least to the power users/buyers who paid extra for a remastered DR)....it also seems that is the "end of the road" for the the DR2 which will remain incomplete in many areas and leave us with the taste that with future add-ons and corrections could be transformed into something unique.....

And that is why they should try really hard while making 'DiRT Rally 3'.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Not necessarily,

As I understand it, it would only be free if you bought deluxe versions of the game or a season pass. If, like me, you only bought the standard version of the game and then bought DLC, the Colin pack would be paid DLC. If it was paid DLC you wouldn't be able to create liveries.

Doesn't matter how you get the content (BTW i have a Deluxe version). What is matter that is the file has got a new protection or not which is independant to the relation of your ownership
Sadly but I agree on what dani211212 said ... 😞

hey @PJTierney, My preorder got messed up ages ago so i didnt get any dlc, if i purchase the seasons post release of the flat out pack will i still get the flat out pack free?

• Sad 1

They forgot to add Ford Focus 1999 with rear spoiler? It was also driven by Colin McRae in 1999-2000. This DLC is interesting anyways.

"When in doubt, flat out!" -Colin McRae

10 hours ago, watzcoc said:

What? The 97/98 Impreza was in the first CMR. ******* Codemasters just remastered it when it should have been in all along! Booooooo

*irony

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Videogamer13 said:

They forgot to add Ford Focus 1999 with rear spoiler? It was also driven by Colin McRae in 1999-2000. This DLC is interesting anyways.

"When in doubt, flat out!" -Colin McRae

They forgot to add Subaru Impreza STI N12, Citroen Xsara WRC, they forgot about some of the most iconic rally cars.

21 hours ago, PJTierney said:

In 1995 Colin McRae achieved the ultimate honour in rallying and added his name to the history books as a racing legend.

25 years on, re-live his momentous career this Spring with the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack, coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 on March 24 and FREE to all Season owners.

DR2_McRae_SUBARU_ImprezaS4_2.jpg

DR2_McRae_SUBARU_LegacyRS_5.jpg

DR2_McRae_Metro_6R4_2.jpg

DR2_McRae_Contents.jpg

This is awesome @PJTierney - thank you so much guys!! 

Can I just ask, will there be new achievements with this DLC?

I thought that I had already proposed new achievements to this DLC but anyway, it would be cool, for example an achievement 'Flying Scott', complete 25 jumps in Perth & Kinross, Scotland while driving Subaru Impreza S4 Rally. Or something like that.

I fear that the FLAT OUT package will be a kind of farewell gift. DR3 incoming ??🤗

Why don't you want 'DiRT Rally 3'? Extending the game has got some limits. They cannot add DLCs to 'DiRT Rally 2.0' endlessly. Out of the box, new game means new possibilities, especially when technology is expanding. They could add such things like volumetric clouds, ray tracing, etc. Especially if the weather does matter because we have got different weather options.

49 minutes ago, bigburt82 said:

@PJTierney

Can I just ask, will there be new achievements with this DLC?

IMG_20200130_110235.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to flat out with Colin McRae,

Dirt rally 1 was fantastic but dirt rally 2 has come a long way and has got better with each update,

a tough drivers sim with excellent Ffb for wheel users,

well done codemasters we salute you.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, mesa said:

Doesn't matter how you get the content (BTW i have a Deluxe version). What is matter that is the file has got a new protection or not which is independant to the relation of your ownership
Sadly but I agree on what dani211212 said ... 😞

I would imagine it would be protected as it's not an unlock like the Alpine and 131 were. Some people will have to pay for this pack so it will be like the other paid DLC.

13 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Why don't you want 'DiRT Rally 3'?

Think it´s a missunderstanding - I will be excited if DR3 will be announced :classic_smile: But this will take time I guess...

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Flens07 said:

Think it´s a missunderstanding - I will be excited if DR3 will be announced :classic_smile: But this will take time I guess...

Yup, at least 3 years I suppose.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:59 PM, Malling said:

It's pretty safe to assume that the Legacy will be a Group A car, as that's exactly what it is.

As for the Impreza S4, it's technically built to World Rally Car Regulations so that suggests it's in the World Rally Car 2000cc class, but it's age would make it a big outlier there - if you're looking for more appropriate competition IMO then put it in the same class as the Evo VI

If the could split the 2000cc class in Modern1 (Impreza 01 and Focus Rs) and Modern2(Fabia, Impreza 08, C4, Focus Rs 08) the Impreza S4 would be competitive enough for Modern1

Edited by m260602
  • Like 1