Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack

22 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

What’s wrong with fog? The only problem with it that I can see is we don’t get it in Wales 😁

there's like a mist-style effect when the weather is clear in Finland. it's because of hardware limitations (apparently). it's quite unrealistic though, and it wasn't in the promo shots that were posted on the official social media channels, so people are pretty annoyed. 

it's in some other locations too, and is very noticeable when it's wooded. this is what it looks like in Wales:

20200207102807_1.thumb.jpg.afc31418c5929aa341b0e039bb132137.jpg

livery from https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/subaru-impreza-nr4-classic-swrt-livery-pack.27704/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

is this car were getting not the same as the already incar Subaru 1995 version?

No. The new Impreza we are getting is the successor to the Group A ('95) Impreza and was the first Impreza built to World Rally Car specifications. Mechanically it is more sophisticated than the Group A car and aesthetically it is different as it is a two door rather than a four door. It is assumed that it will appear in the 2000cc class. 

The Legacy is the predecessor to the Group A Impreza already in game. It is a longer wheelbase car than the Impreza and thus should handle differently. 

Edited by tbtstt

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

No. The new Impreza we are getting is the successor to the Group A ('95) Impreza and was the first Impreza built to World Rally Car specifications. Mechanically it is more sophisticated than the Group A car and aesthetically it is different and it is a two door rather than a four door. It is assumed that it will appear in the 2000cc class. 

The Legacy is the predecessor to the Group A Impreza already in game. It has a longer wheelbase car than the Impreza and thus should handle differently. 

You're basically getting the prequel and the sequel to the '95 Impreza 😉 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

You're basically getting the prequel and the sequel to the '95 Impreza 😉 

The best looking Subaru and the best sounding Subaru. Double win.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Should i give a reaction.... always the same with this guy.

On 2/6/2020 at 6:37 PM, Jack4688 said:

What’s wrong with fog? The only problem with it that I can see is we don’t get it in Wales 😁

In Finland you can barely see the road in what should be crystal clear weather with no fog at all, looks utterly horrible (so bad that Codies can't show screenshots of it), and completely unrealistic and that is coming from someone who lives in Finland. Foggy weather is one thing, but this isn't that. They added a thick fog to clear weather "for performance reasons", they couldn't bother to make it run well on consoles and low-end pc's while looking decent so they downgraded it in the absolute worst way possible that completely ruins daytime Finland. And to add insult to injury they promote it with fake screenshots that look nothing at all like the real game since they don't have the fog.

The fog is also very awful looking in other locations like Wales and some RX tracks but daytime Finland is entirely different level. Adding fog to increase performance is just a completely wrong mentality, clear and realistic visuals should be the basis of a racing sim's graphics.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Should i give a reaction.... always the same with this guy.

same with you? just asking a question.

47 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

same with you? just asking a question.

Looks like a provocation to me, if I'm honest.

It's pretty easy to see it's not the same car, even for someone who isn't familiar with cars. Well...both are blue and have similar headlights, but that's it.

Yep, blue fog all over the forest again "for performance reasons". At leat they are showing it in screenshots this time, though it remains to be seen if the real game looks like that or if they will make the fog effect even worse.

DR2_Rally_Scotland_4.jpg

Imagine if there were other ways to ensure good performance than having a thick blue fog a stone's throw away from your car. They could at least give PC options to adjust the severity of the fog effect

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 2

It doesn't even look like fog. Fog has volume and pools and dissipates. This effect looks like a smoke haze. Awful. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

It doesn't even look like fog. Fog has volume and pools and dissipates. This effect looks like a smoke haze. Awful. 

Ok, who from Codies put BBQs in the stages? 😂

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Yep, blue fog all over the forest again "for performance reasons". At leat they are showing it in screenshots this time, though it remains to be seen if the real game looks like that or if they will make the fog effect even worse.

DR2_Rally_Scotland_4.jpg

Imagine if there were other ways to ensure good performance than having a thick blue fog a stone's throw away from your car. They could at least give PC options to adjust the severity of the fog effect

a stone's throw? what part of the world do you come from where humans can throw stones 80-100m?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

This example here isn't 80-100m away. The distance varies, but in some places (Finland especially) it does appear a very short distance from your car. Besides 80-100m isn't really an unthinkably huge draw distance at this day and age, not even for PS4 and Xbone

20200121135529_1.thumb.jpg.9efc7d5df25f39f65889177826d87041.jpg

I'm from a part of the world that appears in DR2.0 with a daytime weather that looks nothing at all like reality. Try to guess.

Edited by HoksuHoo

5 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Ok, who from Codies put BBQs in the stages? 😂

Dammit @urgaffel 😄 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, dani211212 said:

May i Ask @PJTierney is the location of Scotland mixed surface? or just gravel ?

Gravel.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

They added a thick fog to clear weather "for performance reasons"

If they added this smoke "for performance reasons", why doesn't rainy weather have it? 🤔

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RGgiac said:

If they added this smoke "for performance reasons", why doesn't rainy weather have it? 🤔

You can't see as far in darker conditions and the "mist" covers up some undesired effects at longer draw distances.

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

On 2/8/2020 at 7:06 PM, PJTierney said:

You can't see as far in darker conditions and the "mist" covers up some undesired effects at longer draw distances.

The "mist" is an undesired effect. Looks awful and nothing at all like reality.

The mist isn't just at longer draw distances, in some places it appears like 10-20m from your car. Or 100m from your car which is not a long draw distance in 2020.

20200111192456_1.thumb.jpg.bfb192d7d220568b793e6f30ebc98fb9.jpg

In some places you can't see the road because of this "mist". Again at a very short draw distance.

20200121135222_1.thumb.jpg.d343b7156516f8a23bfc2ea1dbbdc417.jpg

On dusk or sunset you can see pretty far, no mist.

20191110225823_1.thumb.jpg.8199fc35419e4b623728d7eab6e60c70.jpg

Then in daytime you can't see squat.

20191112171257_1.thumb.jpg.015ea159971092ea94808cf7afa400cf.jpg

REALLY does not add up.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 6

I know this isn’t really the thread for it, but I’ll add my 2p that the fog/smoke in Finland is on another level and I really wish there were a way to address the ‘clear, daytime’ conditions. In fact, my #1 hope for any future patch/improvement.

Wales it’s there but it’s not as intrusive. From the screenshots it seems like Scotland will be similar to Wales, although if there were any chance to dial back textures a little to improve ‘clear’ conditions, I’d snap your hands off.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

From the screenshots it seems like Scotland will be similar to Wales.

From the screenshots it seemed like Finland would be crystal clear with no fog at all. Remains to be seen if the real DR2.0 Scotland looks like that. Could be a lot worse in the real game.

IF it's that level then it's more than bad enough. The visual appearance of the upcoming Perth and Kinross does belong in this thread, and I for one am kind of concerned the fog will ruin its looks, since Codies have this bizarre mentality that adding a thick fog a short distance away from your car is a good way to increase performance in clear weather

Edited by HoksuHoo