Jump to content Jump to content

Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack


PJTierney
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Matt555 said:

I feel codies have definitely saved the best until last. Scotland is phenomenal!

Do you have now the same problem as me that other stages are not good enough? Scotland is so good you don't want to ride "old" stages anymore 😄

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

Do you have now the same problem as me that other stages are not good enough? Scotland is so good you don't want to ride "old" stages anymore 😄

I do believe Scotland is the best rally of all of them, and has the most detail. 

But it's had the opposite effect for me

It's revitalised the whole game, breathed new life into it. But that might be because I held off playing for a few months until Scotland was released! 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

Do you have now the same problem as me that other stages are not good enough? Scotland is so good you don't want to ride "old" stages anymore 😄

New England and NZ were my favourites preciously as they were fast and flowing but they seem quite ‘easy’ Now compared to bonny Scotland

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Social Media & Community Team
14 hours ago, BatteredSav93 said:

Maybe with the focus getting the new 'valvoline' livery we can see some new liveries for a certain few Lancias?

This was a one-off for the FLAT OUT pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone im new here just bought dr2 with all dlc, i have a question related to scotland for PJTierney, is there any chance in current state of the game to add one slot in custom championship so we can play full season with all countries? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Matt555 said:

New England and NZ were my favourites preciously as they were fast and flowing but they seem quite ‘easy’ Now compared to bonny Scotland

wellllll those are probably two of the easier locations out of all 13, to be honest...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ianism said:

wellllll those are probably two of the easier locations out of all 13, to be honest...

Err, the faster long Stage (forgot the name) on New Zealand is really dangerous on some parts. Very tricky.

The easiest stages (for me) are Germany, Spain, New England and Argentina. In that order.
Hardest ones are Sweden, Finland, Greece and Poland. Also in that order.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2020 at 2:16 PM, ianism said:

someone is tired of answering the same questions over and over 😂

plus, finally some good news for Oculus users!

Hello - I have purchased the GoTY purchased on the PS4 but it continues to ask me to go to the Store to play Colin McRae; do you know what I am doing wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Err, the faster long Stage (forgot the name) on New Zealand is really dangerous on some parts. Very tricky.

The easiest stages (for me) are Germany, Spain, New England and Argentina. In that order.
Hardest ones are Sweden, Finland, Greece and Poland. Also in that order.

yeah, I know that 16km NZ one is tougher, but it's because the banks can spin you easily. the corners aren't hard.

interesting, I don't find Sweden hard at all, but maybe it's just because I've driven it a lot. I'd put Scotland in there with the hardest four, and say Greece is about equal with Monte Carlo, depending on the direction. both are fine going uphill, but going downhill is completely terrifying ahaha

hopefully one day these stages will all be able to be done as one long one (not sure if/how that works for New England, Aus, Poland & Scotland, but oh well).

@HelloAlexander not sure, but I don't think you're doing anything wrong. contact support.

Edited by ianism
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Err, the faster long Stage (forgot the name) on New Zealand is really dangerous on some parts. Very tricky.

The easiest stages (for me) are Germany, Spain, New England and Argentina. In that order.
Hardest ones are Sweden, Finland, Greece and Poland. Also in that order.

Also an interesting thing for me (as I spent most of my time doing circuit racing in the past) is that I feel more comfortable and get in the rythm much easier on low speed stages like the ones of New Zealand and Argentina for example, meanwhile I seriously lack of confidence at high speed locations (Finland, Poland). Based on my experience it's quite the opposite on the racetracks, it's easier to master the high speed circuits (Monza, old Hockenheim, old Kyalami etc.), while the low speed circuits require a lot more practice to reach the same level of confidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried the new dlc yesterday and the tracks/cars feel very good! a really nice flow to the stages in Scotland! As others already pointed out the co-driver is very bad. I dont understand how things like this isnt picked up by the beta testers or even the developers themselves..

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Yes. Some calls are way to late and earlier today i even got a right when the turn was left.

OK, very bad means something different for me. Yes, some are very late but from DR2 perspective they are almost perfect 😄 And I mean English ones only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

OK, very bad means something different for me. Yes, some are very late but from DR2 perspective they are almost perfect 😄 And I mean English ones only.

If the co-driver doesnt do his job and you crash thanks to him i consider it very bad. Its not balanced to other tracks neither, i had to take set the slider all the way to earlier and we shouldnt need to tweak co-driver calls stage per stage. At least i dont need to on other countries. But yeah, the co-driver is all i  found thats negative with Scotland so far. The track itself and the cars are phenomenal.

Edited by somethingthing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, somethingthing said:

If the co-driver doesnt do his job and you crash thanks to him i consider it very bad. Its not balanced to other tracks neither, i had to take set the slider all the way to earlier and we shouldnt need to tweak co-driver calls stage per stage. At least i dont need to on other countries.

Yeah, that's true but I can drive fast there without problems so it's not bad for me but exactly the opposite because other stages are usually worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DLC works fine with me, my onlmy concern will be the french pacenotes :

- Volume isn't normalized, and often way to low especially when it comes to hairpins
- Announcements are way too late even when set up as early.

  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, nikos88 said:

I'm on PS4 I just finished all the challenges in very difficult mode the two trophies related to the scenarios are not unlocking am I the only one in this case ?

no you're not. others have reported this too. both achivements seem to be bugged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't had DiRT Rage for a while, but I got it pretty badly over the weekend! I was trying to do the long Scottish stage with the Legacy (where you have to win by two seconds) and the same stage with the 6R4 (where you have to hit a certain average speed).

I seemed unable to get a clean run in for either and was getting a "bit" annoyed. Had to switch off the PS4 and come back a couple of hours later to try again: ended up doing them both back-to-back last night. 

I think the last 6R4 challenge (in the upper tier) is on Newhouse Bridge? Sure that is going to involve more swearing, but at least I will get to learn the stage in preparation for my attempt at the final trophy for the Flat Out pack!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ianism said:

no you're not. others have reported this too. both achivements seem to be bugged.

Okay, it reassures me but I hope not to have to start all over again from the beginning, a friend also just finished no trophy for him yet other players get them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got second fastest time on Newhouse Bridge and on South Morningside stages. That South Morningside was so close to be a top time. :classic_laugh:

91497561_1321943697990127_10473765659580

Maybe if I change my racing number to 1 instead of 2, I will get that first place. :classic_huh:

Di-RT-Rally-2-0-20200331001343.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Social Media & Community Team
On 3/30/2020 at 7:58 AM, tjetfiat said:

Can we have "themes" with the cars of Dirt Rally 2.0 to choose what we want for our console? 

 

No plans to make bespoke themes, but if you're able to make a theme with just a custom image, any screenshot will do. We upload all our screens at 1080p.

 

5 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:
12 hours ago, x7eight said:

Reseting your progress is not a solution, lol. 

It worked for me, lolol.

We're not officially recommending people do this, and are looking into making the Achievement unlock "properly".

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

 

We're not officially recommending people do this, and are looking into making the Achievement unlock "properly".

I wouldn't recommend it, too.
I did it, it worked, but for 99% of people it is not worth it.
You will lose too many things, alone the setup-saves are not worth it. (I have an excel-sheet with all my setups, so not nearly as bad for me.)
Just wait for the patch, it will come.
Chances are very high it will retroactively unlock the achievements/trophies by the time the patch is out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I wouldn't recommend it, too.
 

You wouldn't recommend it, yet you recommend it in the bug thread? Didn't think of set-ups being deleted as well. Oh well. Not that my set-ups were that special or something. DAMN IT! 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, richie said:

You wouldn't recommend it, yet you recommend it in the bug thread? Didn't think of set-ups being deleted as well. Oh well. Not that my set-ups were that special or something. DAMN IT! 😂

Well, it was for those, who really, really want the achievements/trophies now.
I forgot to mention, what you will lose in the bug report, because I posted the same on a different site and forgot to add the warning.
But it also tells you in-game what will happen if you do this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Well, it was for those, who really, really want the achievements/trophies now.
I forgot to mention, what you will lose in the bug report, because I posted the same on a different site and forgot to add the warning.
But it also tells you in-game what will happen if you do this.

All good, can't blame you for not reading the description. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

No plans to make bespoke themes, but if you're able to make a theme with just a custom image, any screenshot will do. We upload all our screens at 1080p.

 

We're not officially recommending people do this, and are looking into making the Achievement unlock "properly".

A dirt rally 2.0 dynamic Ps4 theme with some iconic cars, gravel particles etc cycling through and some peaceful music would be epic. 😄

 

Anyhoo, would I be safe to do most of them but leave an easier 1 for last and back up my save file before completing just in case ? 

 

I am going to do this regardless. But depending on how long it takes me a patch may come sooner.

 

Thank you for the prompt response on the issue though.

Edited by x7eight
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, x7eight said:

A dirt rally 2.0 dynamic Ps4 theme with some iconic cars, gravel particles etc cycling through and some peaceful music would be epic. 😄

 

Anyhoo, would I be safe to do most of them but leave an easier 1 for last and back up my save file before completing just in case ? 

 

I am going to do this regardless. But depending on how long it takes me a patch may come sooner.

 

Thank you for the prompt response on the issue though.

I imagine "dynamic themes" with the cars of the game..... Would be awesome. That picture with the blue Subaru S4 it's very nice. And if we could put other car in that picture... The cars we love most. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For people on PS4 I managed to get the trophies by starting a second time. I reset my progress before doing this I had everything save keeping my settings on a key so as not to lose anything.

It is important not to touch the difficulty of making the challenges in order and at the last challenge the trophies will unlock this.

After I handed my old backup my settings everything came back, the other solution is the update!

I took three times less time to redo everything because we know by heart the steps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Social Media & Community Team
13 hours ago, nikos88 said:

For people on PS4 I managed to get the trophies by starting a second time. I reset my progress before doing this I had everything save keeping my settings on a key so as not to lose anything.

It is important not to touch the difficulty of making the challenges in order and at the last challenge the trophies will unlock this.

After I handed my old backup my settings everything came back, the other solution is the update!

I took three times less time to redo everything because we know by heart the steps!

Is there a similar solution for Xbox players? I don't think so as cloud saves are always synced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack
  • The topic was unpinned
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...