Jump to content Jump to content

Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack


Recommended Posts

Scotland has one of the best stages in DR2 this far. I really like it. 

But.

I also have to say that I don't like those super late pace notes. Also there is just plain wrong calls IMO and I find it confusing and hard to trust those pace notes.

 

  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Murikka said:

Scotland has one of the best stages in DR2 this far. I really like it. 

But.

I also have to say that I don't like those super late pace notes. Also there is just plain wrong calls IMO and I find it confusing and hard to trust those pace notes.

 

I agree with late delivery of pace notes, some come way too late.
But I haven't seen any totally wrong ones. Some few are too slow and could be faster. But none seem to be too fast. Althogh the window you have to precisely hit to take some at the speed called is quite a bit narrower than in other locations. Which I like, makes it a good challenge.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who has a heavy stuttering and a framerate falling to 15 (yes, 15) for 2 seconds after crossing that little bridge (is it a bridge?) - no matter what side I come from? Think it's in South Morningside...

Can someone from Codies tell us the setups you made for the Sierra Cosworth used in Colins career mode? It drives sooooo great!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
13 minutes ago, LutzM said:

Am I the only one who has a heavy stuttering and a framerate falling to 15 (yes, 15) for 2 seconds after crossing that little bridge (is it a bridge?) - no matter what side I come from? Think it's in South Morningside...

Can someone from Codies tell us the setups you made for the Sierra Cosworth used in Colins career mode? It drives sooooo great!

I swear it's stock + Medium Tyres but if I hear otherwise I'll let you know 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I swear it's stock + Medium Tyres but if I hear otherwise I'll let you know 🙂 

That would mean my driving skills have improved massively over the last 2 months...maybe because I take part in a Group B RWD club 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SkyRex said:

Some few are too slow and could be faster.

Well this is what I mostly meant. For me it's hard to trust the calls when those are inconsistent. But I know that pace notes are hard to make to suit everyone and different people would prefer different calls. :classic_biggrin:

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, MarioVilas said:

Hello! 

Will i have all cars available to do these scenarios or i need to buy some?

I have season 1 and 2.

Thanks.

You should be given a temporary entitlement to use any car/location in the Scenarios.

The idea is that if you had just the FLAT OUT pack you can still play all of it without buying other DLC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

Oh man Scotland is giving me so much of the best RBR vibes it's making me squeal like a kitten being tickled

This is the best rallying I've ever experienced

Yeah, it also reminds me of RBR, mainly UK Rally Gateshead: technical and narrow, but also fast forest roads full of ditches and tree stumps. Pure rally bliss

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished all scenarios on very hard shortly after midnight today and some of them are extremely hard.
There were several scenarios I had 2-3 tries and said to myself "impossible, no way I can manage that", but somehow I did.
They really pushed me to my absolute limit.

Unfortunately, the 2 achievements for beating all scenarios are bugged.
Could have been the first on X-Box to get them.

But I have to say: MG Metro 6R4 + Scotland is an absolute dream-combination. Really, really enjoyed it.
And I did all scenarios with the default setup and only had problems with the Fabia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

You should be given a temporary entitlement to use any car/location in the Scenarios.

The idea is that if you had just the FLAT OUT pack you can still play all of it without buying other DLC.

Great 🙂 Thanks for your reply 🤘

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Unfortunately, the 2 achievements for beating all scenarios are bugged.
Could have been the first on X-Box to get them.

Saw that in the bug tracker earlier 😮 

Knowing how Achievements have worked in the past that'll probably fire off for you once it's fixed 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Saw that in the bug tracker earlier 😮 

Knowing how Achievements have worked in the past that'll probably fire off for you once it's fixed 🙂 

Yeah, maybe, but the "worlds first" on TA will be gone by the time it will be fixed.
But...I had a huge blast doing these and I'm pretty sure I pushed my skills a bit forward. 
So I see the positive in it.

And I'm not done with scenarios yet.
Next step is doing all on 100.
The difference between 91 and 100 is huge on some scenarios.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
30 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Yeah, maybe, but the "worlds first" on TA will be gone by the time it will be fixed.
But...I had a huge blast doing these and I'm pretty sure I pushed my skills a bit forward. 
So I see the positive in it.

And I'm not done with scenarios yet.
Next step is doing all on 100.
The difference between 91 and 100 is huge on some scenarios.

 

Any tips for doing it on 91, or is it simply a case of "be fast"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Any tips for doing it on 91, or is it simply a case of "be fast"?

Well, basically yes, be very fast.
Consistency is key. You need to be very focused, because a small mistake is enough to not reaching the goal.

Make sure you are already on the position you need on the first stage of a multiple stage event.
You won't catch up time in the later stages, so be good on all stages.

On the scenarios were you can't get any or more damage, don't touch anything!
Even a small hit with the back of the car against something solid will damage the car too much.

But there are some easier scenarios in between that I got first try, but not many.

The worst being the ones in sweden, greece and partly in wales and finland.
At least for me.
The last wales scenario took the most time, because I had problems controlling the Fabia over the bumps, a better setup should help pretty much.
I wanted to do them all with the default setup, so nobody can say the setup helped me 😄  

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack
  • PJTierney unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...