Poll: Laser Scan...

Laser Scan...  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think codemasters will laser scan tracks in the future..?

• Yes
    • No

just curious.. Bumpy tracks like Singapore would be magic. 😎

Edited by Coanda
  • Like 1

They bought Slightly Mad Studios, who already use laserscanned tracks IIRC, so if Codemasters does not eventually laserscan all tracks of the F1 calendar, they'll lose a huge marketing point and some hardcore petrolheads might move along and never come back to this franchise ever again.

I'm sure that i certainly won't come back ever again, if the F1 franchise does not improve significantly for the next gen Ps5/XboxSeriesX version.

Either way, now please do a poll where we get the question whether or not Codemasters SHOULD laserscan tracks in the future, that would be interesting to know how the community stands upon this topic.

Imo, official licence should include laserscanned tracks too, no excuses.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Agree 6

F1 games already feature tracks that have been made using a type of laserscanning, so it's an obvious yes 😛

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

F1 games already feature tracks that have been made using a type of laserscanning, so it's an obvious yes 😛

Which of the tracks are currently laserscanned do you know because I thought only France was the only one. I'm looking forward to future releases now SMS data is involved but i got a feeling it wont be until the next gen consoles are released that we see this happen. I hope I'm totally wrong of course .... unless you know something we don't @UP100 @barry1 @BarryBL

Edited by smudger1982
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

Interesting and thank you for the reply.. Are you allowed to elaborate on this statement..? Only on current development that is. Some tracks I race in ACC that have been traditionally laser scanned can be a fair bit different through some of the corners. ie. Spa & Silverstone. Are these two tracks scanned..?

4 hours ago, UP100 said:

Could you provide a source/sources on this please? It would be interesting to have a reference point! Thanks. 

53 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Could you provide a source/sources on this please? It would be interesting to have a reference point! Thanks. 

the tracks are made with laser scan or the cars are made with the feet, the solutions are two.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Would love to... except for the fact that the only mention I can remember right now was in some kind of F1 xxxx video... I'll be looking if I can find it 🙂 

E: It also seems to be that some of the footage has been lost 😕 I probably don't have the patience to go through all the E3 streams and so on that are somewhere in the interwebs.

Edited by UP100

I think they should! Cause there's some serious disparity with track length and width that I'm noticing when I study pole lap time videos. Take for example Melbourne,  when you look at Lewis' 2019 lap from the T-Cam perspective, you notice how very shorter the track distances are between corners as compared to the helmet cam view in the game which, I drive in strictly in, given that the T-Cam is located aft the helmet view. For example, I cannot for the life of day take Turn 11 flat out in the game (using controller), which Hamilton seems to do with the W10 with almost no effort.  Perhaps the shorter distances between corners IRL contributes to shorter lap times as opposed to the game if the track surfaces are slightly elongated for game embellishment purposes.  Yeah, this needs to be looked at especially if the game is to conform to FIA regs for eSport competition etc. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

I think they should! Cause there's some serious disparity with track length and width that I'm noticing when I study pole lap time videos. Take for example Melbourne,  when you look at Lewis' 2019 lap from the T-Cam perspective, you notice how very shorter the track distances are between corners as compared to the helmet cam view in the game which, I drive in strictly in, given that the T-Cam is located aft the helmet view. For example, I cannot for the life of day take Turn 11 flat out in the game (using controller), which Hamilton seems to do with the W10 with almost no effort.  Perhaps the shorter distances between corners IRL contributes to shorter lap times as opposed to the game if the track surfaces are slightly elongated for game embellishment purposes.  Yeah, this needs to be looked at especially if the game is to conform to FIA regs for eSport competition etc. 

Well I think that is most likely the different between physics and then camera settings. Like how the old Sony F1 games seemed to have quite insane FOV on the T-cam.

• Disagree 1

23 hours ago, advanceapple said:

the tracks are made with laser scan or the cars are made with the feet, the solutions are two.

The world is flat or the sun revolves around the earth, the solutions are two!

🌎☀️😉

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Agree 2