F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Thrustmaster FFB fixed ?

I have just upgraded from the TX wheel to the TS XW wheel and the FFB is amazing in grid. I have had to adjust settings to compensate.

Has there been any updates to the game on xbox one, the same goes for Dirt Rally 2 it is much stronger.

I am wondering weather the TX wheel has an issue with Grid's device drivers as others have reported week to no FFB on that wheel as well.

13 hours ago, watzcoc said:

I have just upgraded from the TX wheel to the TS XW wheel and the FFB is amazing in grid. I have had to adjust settings to compensate.

Has there been any updates to the game on xbox one, the same goes for Dirt Rally 2 it is much stronger.

I am wondering weather the TX wheel has an issue with Grid's device drivers as others have reported week to no FFB on that wheel as well.

I have upgraded my G27 wheel to a TX Wheel leather edition and the upgrade seems to be a total disaster.  The handling of the car with standard settings on the TX wheel is just impossible, particularly on a rear wheeled drive car.  I dont think its the game. I am just waiting for a new graphics card to arrive so I can test the TX on WRC 8 to see if that helps.  I also have Dirt 2 on my PC so will try that as well. 

I have the outlay doesnt prove to have been wasted.

8 hours ago, Penmore said:

I have upgraded my G27 wheel to a TX Wheel leather edition and the upgrade seems to be a total disaster.  The handling of the car with standard settings on the TX wheel is just impossible, particularly on a rear wheeled drive car.  I dont think its the game. I am just waiting for a new graphics card to arrive so I can test the TX on WRC 8 to see if that helps.  I also have Dirt 2 on my PC so will try that as well. 

I have the outlay doesnt prove to have been wasted.

Thats my thoughts on the TX aswell while playing Grid. It's as if all the settings have been turned right down. On the TS XW wheel though the FFB is much better, have no other wheel to compare to to see if other models and manufacturers have issues?

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 7:08 PM, watzcoc said:

With each update/patch we'll add in small fixes or improvements to aspects like wheels and FFB 🙂 It's an extremely complex process and difficult to track everything at one time, but we're constantly chatting with wheel/peripheral suppliers to see how we can further improve things. 

In you haven't read it already, it sounds like this might of interest to you 🙂

On 1/31/2020 at 6:15 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

With each update/patch we'll add in small fixes or improvements to aspects like wheels and FFB 🙂 It's an extremely complex process and difficult to track everything at one time, but we're constantly chatting with wheel/peripheral suppliers to see how we can further improve things. 

In you haven't read it already, it sounds like this might of interest to you 🙂

This guide points to PC users...what about console players? The game has been out since October, and all the while TX users have been noting poor FFB. Has this been, or will it be - addressed?

On 1/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, watzcoc said:

Nice buy on the TS-XW. Want to get it also, but have no need for the rim or the pedals...wish they sold the base as a stand-alone.

Bothers me as the PS4 has the T-GT stand-alone base, which is the same I believe as the TS-XW base.

Edited by Buckwilder

On 1/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, watzcoc said:

Thats my thoughts on the TX aswell while playing Grid. It's as if all the settings have been turned right down. On the TS XW wheel though the FFB is much better, have no other wheel to compare to to see if other models and manufacturers have issues?

Since my last post I have found this information on the Thrustmaster site, hope it will help you.

FFB Settings  These together with the ingame settings have made all the difference.

6 hours ago, Penmore said:

Since my last post I have found this information on the Thrustmaster site, hope it will help you.

FFB Settings  These together with the ingame settings have made all the difference.

Are you on PC?

Tried Grid last night, and wow! The FFB has been vastly improved on my TX (playing on XB1).

i see they added in sliders for FFB as well, tire slip, wheel friction etc.

What a huge difference! Now back on board - just hope we can get some more people in the lobby’s/sessions.