60fps on base ps4

I tried the demo and game is nearly unplayable with 30fps for me . I literally shocked when it is 30fps while f1 and dirt games are 60fps which looks far superior than this game . Game is fun , physics are good for an arcade-sim but that fps is literally joke . Is there any possibility that base ps4 get a patch for 60fps ? Or is it impossible and never gonna have it . 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, OugaBooga said:

don't worry, you can buy the game a 2nd time on the new consoles.............

😂

Indeed, Grid 2019 is a prime candidate to showcase the power of new consoles with its amazing 1m lod graphics! 😂

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, OugaBooga said:

don't worry, you can buy the game a 2nd time on the new consoles.............

Nah mate , if they wont gonna come with an performance mode i dont think im going to support them in next gen . I hope all base console users wont support them too . They are just lazy . And im sure many people wont accept that . 

• Agree 1

i was thinking about WHY they have done what they have with GRID 2019 & i can Only come up with 3 reasons why.

1. They were Lazy & or didn't have enough time. (hoping not enough time)

2. Greedy, they want to milk it as much as possible thinking we are fools. Pretty sure they know now that won't work well.

3. They will re-release a COMPLETE version next gen for a lower price. This could be part of #2 & hope that was the reason they released a unpolished unfinished game.

Edited by OugaBooga
add
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, OugaBooga said:

i was thinking about WHY they have done what they have with GRID 2019 & i can Only come up with 3 reasons why.

1. They were Lazy & or didn't have enough time. (hoping not enough time)

2. Greedy, they want to milk it as much as possible thinking we are fools. Pretty sure they know now that won't work well.

3. They will re-release a COMPLETE version next gen for a lower price. This could be part of #2 & hope that was the reason they released a unpolished unfinished game.

Im not even asking for more tracks or vehicles even its not acceptable that they released the game unfinished in purpose for selling their dlc . When i researched grid i saw too many negative comments about how career is dull , short track list , cars feeling like they are always try to drift vice versa . All those negative things didnt even bothered me , but when i saw the 30fps thing , i was like what the hell ? Didnt these guys made dirt and f1 solid 60fps in base consoles ? So ? What happened ? Are you trying to sell ps4 pro and xbox one x ? I really wanted to hear their "excuse" about this mess . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Highmetin said:

Im not even asking for more tracks or vehicles even its not acceptable that they released the game unfinished in purpose for selling their dlc . When i researched grid i saw too many negative comments about how career is dull , short track list , cars feeling like they are always try to drift vice versa . All those negative things didnt even bothered me , but when i saw the 30fps thing , i was like what the hell ? Didnt these guys made dirt and f1 solid 60fps in base consoles ? So ? What happened ? Are you trying to sell ps4 pro and xbox one x ? I really wanted to hear their "excuse" about this mess . 

At the end of the day the PS4 is a console developed in 2013 and as games get more technical it has to be a big ask to expect any developer to make special provisions for tech that's probably coming to the end of it's practical life, so maybe you should just move with the times and upgrade your console if you seek a better overall gaming experience. After all, it's highly unlikely you have a six year old mobile phone, TV, laptop or PC so why should a console be any different where upgrading is concerned?

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

At the end of the day the PS4 is a console developed in 2013 and as games get more technical it has to be a big ask to expect any developer to make special provisions for tech that's probably coming to the end of it's practical life, so maybe you should just move with the times and upgrade your console if you seek a better overall gaming experience. After all, it's highly unlikely you have a six year old mobile phone, TV, laptop or PC so why should a console be any different where upgrading is concerned?

Gt sport is 60fps , f1 is 60fps , dirt is 60fps(two of them is their OWN game) . Its not about im complaining for nothing here mate . They CAN do 60fps if they would work on it . But they didnt . Grid is graphically better than gt sport ? No . Is it better than project cars 2 , dirt 2.0 , f1 ? No . So ? If it has marvelous graphics i would say "damn i should buy pro or wait for next gen for this game" but grid's graphics is just same as dirt and f1 . I dont even want to compare with gt sport , it would be an insult . 

I hope i would be understandable mate , im a grid fan and i would accept their game in everyway except frames per second 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Thus this is the problem !  go eat yo spinach  YO, ya Mussss Ole's need it 🐷       

we are being separated by our means to "afford". hahhaha the 🐽 smells the trophy truffles !

this WILL Only get worse NOW that consoles bring out "refresh" models & they aren't cheap spinach eating Popeye versions ! 

i HATE it & eventually as expected by the greedy overlords we older gen will bow out so the new comers will SUCK IT ALL BACK !

Edited by OugaBooga
reality !
  • Haha 1

The game looks terrible on premium consoles and top end PCs. 4 months after release, they still can’t (or won’t) fix LOD issues that shouldn’t be there. Content is so barebones, it can cause a fashion model to blush. An embarrassing release for Codemasters, considering their recent tears have been filled with quality games. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

“At the end of the day”, base PS4 has better looking 60fps racing games—including several from the same company, on the same engine—and nothing about Grid justifies the terrible compromise in performance (other than bad optimizations). 

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

Thus this is the problem !  go eat yo spinach  YO, ya Mussss Ole's need it 🐷       

we are being separated by our means to "afford". hahhaha the 🐽 smells the trophy truffles !

this WILL Only get worse NOW that consoles bring out "refresh" models & they aren't cheap spinach eating Popeye versions ! 

i HATE it & eventually as expected by the greedy overlords we older gen will bow out so the new comers will SUCK IT ALL BACK !

I have absolutely no idea what that means...but it sounds good 😲

(ps) I am separated, not by means to afford, but by the fact I had a very rare (signed) Dead Kennedys LP (for newer gamers a "LP" is like a big massive CD that you put on a rotating thingy which (where Dead Kennedys are concerned) emitted an agressive, anti-establishment noise that offended Elvis loving parents)) that I sold for moderate sums of cash to (amongst other things) fund a new console. Power to the delights of the late 1970's / early 1980's (for newer gamers that was a time when colour hadn't been invented and everything was in black & white).

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

17 hours ago, Highmetin said:

Gt sport is 60fps , f1 is 60fps , dirt is 60fps(two of them is their OWN game) . Its not about im complaining for nothing here mate . They CAN do 60fps if they would work on it . But they didnt . Grid is graphically better than gt sport ? No . Is it better than project cars 2 , dirt 2.0 , f1 ? No . So ? If it has marvelous graphics i would say "damn i should buy pro or wait for next gen for this game" but grid's graphics is just same as dirt and f1 . I dont even want to compare with gt sport , it would be an insult . 

I hope i would be understandable mate , im a grid fan and i would accept their game in everyway except frames per second 🙂 

I'm not saying you're complaining for nothing, i'm just pointing out the practical side of upgrading and the realism of gaming as a whole. I had an XB1 (and prior to that an X360) and didn't go through the tedious spending process in order to be 'the cool gal with the latest kit', I did it because progress dictated my decision/s. Ironically it was Project CARS 2 that finally prompted me to make an X1X upgrade because (as anyone who owns an XB1 will testify) it's performance was nothing short of woeful and just figured that the X1X and the Pro were just going to squeeze out previous console in pretty much the same way as the X360 (which also comfortably managed 60fps gaming and then mysteriously couldn't), so in order to continue the best possible gaming experience without going down the uber-expensive PC road I had to simply move on. Talking of PC's; how many gamers who bought their computer 6 years ago still use the same graphics card, the same processor, the same hard drive, the same RAM that was in their original computer for 2020 gaming purposes? The only difference with a console is that we get a non-upgradeable (although my X does now have an SSD fitted) machine with a finite lifespan. As an ex tight northerner (born and bred in the 'short arms and deep pockets' region of Yorkshire) I too don't like been forced into spending money but sometimes needs must and the bullet must be bitten. Otherwise i'd be still playing Chuckie Egg on my 48k Spectrum and trying to fathom out how the hell Lenslok is supposed to work so I can finally play Elite.

I absolutely do agree that some games still manage 60fps with quite admirable visuals to boot and I don't think anyone would deny that, irrespective of the machine you happen to be playing on, Grid's overall visuals and performance is very poor by today's standards (on consoles I blame the fact we can't turn things off to improve overall performance and on high end PC's there's simply no excuse for sub-standard anything) but in the same breath many other games are starting to struggle on base consoles - and that isn't the fault of universally lazy developers or rushed games, it's just a sign that game engines are being developed for future tech and we're all once more preparing to move on to bigger and better things.

When the PS5 and XBox whatever are eventually released this discussion/argument will start all over again - only next time it will be the X1X and Pro owners asking why their 'stop gap' machines no longer perform. Alas, that's the unfortunate way in which consoles work....

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Agree 2

@_BorisTheFrog_ I don't think people here assume that all developers are lazy for not supporting 60fps on old consoles. The issue lies with Grid 2019 specifically, which looks worse than F1 2019, for example, I think has less vehicles on the road, and still runs at 30fps while F1 runs at 60fps. On the same in-house engine. There doesn't appear to be any explanation other than incompetence.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Talking of PC's; how many gamers who bought their computer 6 years ago still use the same graphics card, the same processor, the same hard drive, the same RAM that was in their original computer for 2020 gaming purposes?

I do, and PC still runs fine for me , not every game on max settings , but i can get over it!!

I believe that average PC gamer change PC in about 5 years, but he can upgrade parts anytime.

I got mine 6-7 years ago, yes it is old for today standards but still runs well. I hope i will assembly a new one somewhere in the near future 🙂

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
some more info

1 hour ago, Leo Natan said:

@_BorisTheFrog_ I don't think people here assume that all developers are lazy for not supporting 60fps on old consoles. The issue lies with Grid 2019 specifically, which looks worse than F1 2019, for example, I think has less vehicles on the road, and still runs at 30fps while F1 runs at 60fps. On the same in-house engine. There doesn't appear to be any explanation other than incompetence.

Exactly mate . Im not saying everygame should be 60fps on base consoles . Im aware im using an 6 year old hardware and that 6 year old hardware giving us 60fps on their f1 game, which their same engine . This is pure laziness . I cant think any other thing than this . Laziness . Thats it . 

Man... why did you have to bring this topic again? I was over it by now xD but yeah... deep inside it still bothers me to see this game running at 30 fps. It spoils part of the fun for me... it really does.

The only difference between this game and F1/Dirt, is that in Grid there are more cars on track, and I'm not talking about the raw number, but at times there are 4/5 different cars in a race. Never in F1 or Dirt that happens, except in Rally Cross. But still races have shorter grids.

I'm pretty sure devs have said that the game would run in 60 fps in all platforms, but they didn't do that. It's obvious that they have issues doing it on base consoles.

Still, a performance mode would have been a nice solution, if possible: less cars on track (let's say, half the grid) but better performance.

2 hours ago, Leocp said:

Man... why did you have to bring this topic again? I was over it by now xD but yeah... deep inside it still bothers me to see this game running at 30 fps. It spoils part of the fun for me... it really does.

The only difference between this game and F1/Dirt, is that in Grid there are more cars on track, and I'm not talking about the raw number, but at times there are 4/5 different cars in a race. Never in F1 or Dirt that happens, except in Rally Cross. But still races have shorter grids.

I'm pretty sure devs have said that the game would run in 60 fps in all platforms, but they didn't do that. It's obvious that they have issues doing it on base consoles.

Still, a performance mode would have been a nice solution, if possible: less cars on track (let's say, half the grid) but better performance.

You cant imagine my breakdown when i find out the game is 30fps :)) i was pretty happy what i was seeing in videos . Shame , seems like it will never get an update . 

Like i said before i dont even care about graphics or other stuff . I just neee 60fps in sport and track racing games . Like you said it can be less cars or reduced graphics . I would buy in second . Project cars 2 has a pretty ****** graphics on console . But its trying to manage 60fps and magically game seems like better looking to me . Its just my opinion though . Im sure lot of people would chose graphics .