Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

[Various] - Session Save Progress- Stuck On Q1

Hi @P3nkiln,

Have you updated to the latest version? Do you have a reserve active in the session?

19 minutes ago, P3nkiln said:

Yes. We are both on v1.21 on Xbox. Yes it's active. 

Apologies, I meant was one of your players in the session a reserve? How many players did you have in the session? Who was the host?

I see what you mean. No reserve players. 2 players in the session/league. We tried us both as host, same result.

Okay, my only other advice is to check your connectivity settings for both (router reset or check firewall/PF/uPnP) and complete the below:

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, diagnose and hopefully help solve your issue. It also helps our Moderators find appropriate tags and other members recommend their ideas based on their experiences.

Please add the questions in your post too so I can see everything in one place. Without this, I don't have the necessary information and with it I can begin to try and replicate

@BarryBL We tried to resume a league after update 1.21 ... the backup still does not work! ... there is no backup neither between Q1, Q2, and Q3 ... and then no backup between qualifications and race ... we did not dig the tests because we only have one evening to Play! but I'm not the only one to say that it doesn't work .... where are you on your side on this point?

Edited by Dehel

23 hours ago, Dehel said:

@BarryBL We tried to resume a league after update 1.21 ... the backup still does not work! ... there is no backup neither between Q1, Q2, and Q3 ... and then no backup between qualifications and race ... we did not dig the tests because we only have one evening to Play! but I'm not the only one to say that it doesn't work .... where are you on your side on this point?

Hi @Dehel

If you are still seeing issues after patch 1.21, I would need all of the detail in the above with videos too to be able to report it to the Developers of the previous patch.

So here is a quick list of things we did and what did work... and what certainly didnt:

Patch 1.21 - all new league lobbys

League settings:

• league: on demand
  • qualification: FULL

Settings tested:

• Practice: Off / 30mins (Saving after practice worked!!)
  • League Owner Competes: on / off
  • Additional League Admins: none / 1 / 2
  • Reserves: Yes / No
  • Reserves Scoring: Yes / No

What Did work? --> Session save did work after Q3 for league lobbys (message popup and going back to the league menu)

What didnt work? --> rejoining a saved lobby always had several side effects

Side effects / additional bugs:

• rejoin errors (all errors occur when joining a saved lobby):
    • often: errors with host migration during session loading screen
    • often: the session no longer exists / not available directly after starting an event
    • sometimes: instant lobby kick after joining
    • sometimes: all other players in the lobby (even after they joined a lobby) are shown as AI
    • neverending black screen during loading sequence
  • we did several tests and also used the session save for our league racing lobby (each sunday 7 league races --> 7 lobbys
    • all lobbys had the same issues
    • not ONE lobby was able to load a saved session
    • unranked lobbys had to be used, because league lobbys simple dont work as designed
  • with 1.21 we encounter a lot more of connection issues with players in league lobbys
    • a lot of crashes due to rubberbanding, lags - rejoining a lobby will make it even worse for others
    • drivers are switching positions (1st, then last) due to connection issues with the lobby / lobby host

PLEASE for the sake of league racing do offer dedicated league lobbys for f12020... the way f12019 league lobbys and unranked lobbys work is simply way too unstable. The last to weekend (prior 1.21 and now with 1.21) we had so many issues with the league lobbys that many of us got so frustrated, because we had to restart 2-3 times in EACH of our leagues...

To the Devs: Just a simple but maybe VERY important question:

Who is the "host" of the league lobby? the first one to join a lobby? always the league owner?

Edited by Iniets

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Dehel

If you are still seeing issues after patch 1.21, I would need all of the detail in the above with videos too to be able to report it to the Developers of the previous patch.

@BarryBLCan you tell me if between Q1 Q2 and Q3 there are backups normally ? as there are no backup messages between each session...

For the rest I would see but I only have one night a week to play with my friends...and to pass it to make tests is constraining...

what I can say is that we had taken over an existing league which had a backup before Q1 (before the patch)...so take over Q1, end of Q1...no backup message...test of "back to main menu" ...let's start again...it's Q1 again...let's do Q1,Q2,Q3...no backup message.... 
We start the race...we go back to the main menu during the race (as if we had to stop playing for one reason or another)...and we restart the league...ca go back to Q1....

Edited by Dehel

Has anyone been able to fully test the backup? over a full week end (testing, full qualification, 50% race?)

Me at the last test of an old league it didn't work...and I didn't have time to redo a test...