Jump to content

GRID Season 2 Coming February 12 - Track Day Supercars

Recommended Posts

Only the Pagani Zonda R is from past grid games. All of the other cars were never seen in a grid game. Are you guys sure you saw any other car in a previous grid game?

Edited by CordedQuill42
From the expansion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those, who are interested, I prepared a table, which shows in which GRID games particular tracks appear. Everything is explained.

1566863830_Beztytuu.thumb.png.debdc980a9d0703afb1342ffa1aee530.png

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

For those, who are interested, I prepared a table, which shows in which GRID games particular tracks appear. Everything is explained.

1566863830_Beztytuu.thumb.png.debdc980a9d0703afb1342ffa1aee530.png

We should have all these 38 around tracks in newest Grid game as regular additions from game to game.. Why franchise like Forza Motorsport , Project Cars , Gran Turismo do this and Codemasters do not ?:classic_unsure: Toca 3 also had huge content

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, painisawarning said:

There was no Miami in GAS... only G2

Yup, my mistake. But the only one. The rest is correct.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 9:26 AM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Exactly. I also prefer 'DiRT Rally 2.0' much more from 'GRID'. 'GRID' has got to many issues and 'holes' in content and releasing only Season content, which actually adds copied content doesn't help the game. It is not an improvement. I would even say that it is nonsense to release Season 3. But if it has got to be released, then I hope this is the last Season and their next step will be 'Racedriver GRID' remastered or maybe 'GRID Autosport 2', which would be more in line with the original GRID in every single aspect of the game.

Let it be their last time they release such GRID game like the latest one.

uh, Dirt Rally 2 added only remastered ("copied") locations for rally too (the RX tracks were mostly new).... and those ones you had to pay for.

I never really played DR 1 so I was happy, but this isn't the best comparison 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another poor season.. Cant we get at least TWO tracks?? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

Another poor season.. Cant we get at least TWO tracks?? 

Or better handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think so. Season 1 didn't bring us new achievements. But there are new trophies, which are in game and are known as accolades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 5:17 PM, lastbreath said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM are you going to ger rid of that terribe tone mapping

 

Did you noticed that they changed the overall look of the game with the first patch ? I compared screenshots and there is the change to the tone mapping, contrast ect... I liked the release look more... Also weird is and because of that i noticed it in the first place that you see the color, contrast changing the first seconds you see the track when you load in an event... So the first second it looks like it was before the patch and then the changes kick in lol...

@ChrisGrovesMCM Can you tell us why this got changed ? And why it loads in like a layer over the actual game ?

 

Edited by Ak1504

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 1:16 AM, painisawarning said:

So all 6 cars belong to the same category, and all can race each other?

That's what I wanted to know.

Ah! I've got you now, apologies 

There are two separate classes - one with the four Track Day Supercars, and one with the two bonus cars. The Ford GT and Ferrari 599 have slightly different performance stats to the Track Day Supercars, meaning putting them all in one class would make things unbalanced. So you'll find two more classes in the Seasons section 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ak1504 said:

Did you noticed that they changed the overall look of the game with the first patch ? I compared screenshots and there is the change to the tone mapping, contrast ect... I liked the release look more... Also weird is and because of that i noticed it in the first place that you see the color, contrast changing the first seconds you see the track when you load in an event... So the first second it looks like it was before the patch and then the changes kick in lol...

@ChrisGrovesMCM Can you tell us why this got changed ? And why it loads in like a layer over the actual game ?

 

Whilst visual updates/improvements are made with each update, stuff like the above is almost entirely down to which platform, console, and level of performance you're running the game at 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Silvano 92 Juve said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM

will there new achievements/trophies ??

It wasn't possible to add new Achivements/Trophies for the Season 2 update, but we're still planning on adding some as soon as possible. More news on that when I have it 🙂

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Ah! I've got you now, apologies 

There are two separate classes - one with the four Track Day Supercars, and one with the two bonus cars. The Ford GT and Ferrari 599 have slightly different performance stats to the Track Day Supercars, meaning putting them all in one class would make things unbalanced. So you'll find two more classes in the Seasons section 🙂 

Wow! That's nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jay84 said:

Another poor season.. Cant we get at least TWO tracks?? 

if memory is correct they said there would be 4 tracks added, since they only said 3 seasons that means 2 more tracks are planned.

Maybe Ultra Ultimate Grid 2020 1 yr anniversary edition will have the missing tracks from previous grids. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although the new cars and track are welcomed, having only 1-2 cars per class is really irritating. It seems 6 cars per class is the hard cap as far as coding is concerned, then there should be 6 cars per class across the board. Some of the cars in invitational are throwaway cars no offense. Not well balanced and not fun to drive. You had it right with GRID 2's approach with 4-5 tiers. Racers want options, just like every other type of gamer. Forcing them to choose cars they aren't a fan of in order to compete is not smart developing. Everyone will have a favorite car in each class, and they should feel like they can win in that car and not have to pick the crowd favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

if memory is correct they said there would be 4 tracks added, since they only said 3 seasons that means 2 more tracks are planned.

Maybe Ultra Ultimate Grid 2020 1 yr anniversary edition will have the missing tracks from previous grids. 

Is it somewhere confirmed? This is a big let down. I really hoped that we will get much more tracks even reuses of the old GRID tracks... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they release a classic track pack later as season 4. With Jarama, Instanbul park, Donington and Cota. We need more tracks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Omiley said:

Although the new cars and track are welcomed, having only 1-2 cars per class is really irritating. It seems 6 cars per class is the hard cap as far as coding is concerned, then there should be 6 cars per class across the board. Some of the cars in invitational are throwaway cars no offense. Not well balanced and not fun to drive. You had it right with GRID 2's approach with 4-5 tiers. Racers want options, just like every other type of gamer. Forcing them to choose cars they aren't a fan of in order to compete is not smart developing. Everyone will have a favorite car in each class, and they should feel like they can win in that car and not have to pick the crowd favorite.

This is why the tuning is needed before each race - you could still pick an "inferior" car and hopefully turn it into a winner

Not disagreeing though that more choice would be good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ last breath - Better old gfx proven tracks then some new ones made by the new team...

And BTW, number of tracks is much more important then gfx. 

Edited by Flowa23
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

why do you want old tracks? Do you like to play with downgraded visuals?

I like the game. Would like new tracks also by the way. If you don't like the game why are you still here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I understand that you want more tracks but I don't understand why you want old tracks back again. Creating brand new tracks is a little bit difficult and costs some big money, yes, but adding tracks, which already have been to two GRID games so far? That is even worse than rally DLC to 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. Better if they added tracks, which appeared only once if they have got to copy/upgrade/paste instead of trying to find some new track/location instead of adding the same track over and over again, upgrading it in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×