GRID Season 2 Coming February 12 - Track Day Supercars

Because I like Jarama and Donington. Not saying that I wouldn't like new tracks. But knowing Codemasters that's a big demand. 

19 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

OK, I understand that you want more tracks but I don't understand why you want old tracks back again. Creating brand new tracks is a little bit difficult and costs some big money, yes, but adding tracks, which already have been to two GRID games so far? That is even worse than rally DLC to 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. Better if they added tracks, which appeared only once if they have got to copy/upgrade/paste instead of trying to find some new track/location instead of adding the same track over and over again, upgrading it in the meantime.

Yes i would prefer more completely new tracks. But i am trying to be realistic here. New tracks are more expensive to develop than "upgrading" old ones. This game has such small amount of tracks it begs for everything even old returns from past GRID games. And you should consider there are some ultimate classic tracks which should be in this kind of game (like SPA for example).

I just want more tracks to have better variety of racing and i really love core gameplay of new GRID. I hope it won't die after season 3 this franchise deserves better. 

To be honest they already are adding tracks from past GRID's i doubt we will see something NEW as post launch content. 

• Agree 1

We need a MASSIVE overhaul/GRID 2.0 patch with:

Drift mode
DD Mode
Checkpoint mode
Togue mode

More tracks
More cars 

Still after 2 seasons this will be the most content limited grid game ever, 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

We need a MASSIVE overhaul/GRID 2.0 patch with:

Drift mode
DD Mode
Checkpoint mode
Togue mode

More tracks
More cars 

Still after 2 seasons this will be the most content limited grid game ever, 

So true and a very good fast AI and this game whould be perfect, but hey, I think I am a dreamer lol, this will never happen 😄

• Agree 1

I loved Drift mode in first GRID, but after that in Grid 2 and Autosport i really disliked it. If it would come back in state like in first GRID then massive yes, if in a version from GRID 2 or Autosport than i would preffer other things.

Togue though... i would love it with bringing back other sprint tracks like california or cote'd'azur. 

Demoliton Derby - they had this track and car in the game already... they just should add option to play this in free play with AI... 

To be honest this game doesn't need too much new cars. Offcourse they are always very welcome addition but if i have to chose more tracks or cars i would chose tracks. 

• Agree 1

Honestly, they have got to focus mainly on extra modes, not extending classic race by adding copied tracks. Obviously, if it is possible for them. Adding new modes like drift, demolition derby is a little bit more difficult than adding the same tracks over and over again because it requires making 'new mechanics of the game', for example for Drift, they have got to make suitable steering, points system, etc. And for example, if they wanted to add 24 Hours LeMans, then they would have got to add dynamic daily cycle, which is not so easy I suppose. And when it comes to Demolition Derby, the main thing to make it enjoyable is well-made visual damage system. 'Racedriver GRID' still has got the best damage. We all know what we could make from cars in that game. And here, in new GRID? Please, it is some joke.

So I hope they will manage to do that. We will see.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

GT, Forza Motorsport reuse tracks for their games, it's a MUST have feature.

it saddens me that Grid decided to shorten the track list Only to release it as DLC.

i don't care if they are old tracks, the game needs more tracks PERIOD !

Since there is little difference between Grid 2019 & the older games they can easily bring those old tracks back.

I really don't see CM do anything more like adding additional modes but tracks can be added Far easier.

CM should surprise US & bring out a track pack 😁 

i still have fun racing around but Not for many Many hrs like previous games. (mainly Grid 2008)

Edited by OugaBooga
edit
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mrocz said:

New tracks are more expensive to develop than "upgrading" old ones

Upgrading?

Безымянный.png

1 hour ago, Mrocz said:

I loved Drift mode in first GRID, but after that in Grid 2 and Autosport i really disliked it

But drift was pretty nice in Autosport!

606199B1B4E3434B86C201FA23A135FCD00C200C

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 3

we need to transplant the GRID 2019 physics engine into GRID AS, who's up for the challenge ? 😛

CM could have saved some time & $$ doing that from the start.

i guess that's what they'll do for the next game ?

Edited by OugaBooga

1 hour ago, OugaBooga said:

we need to transplant the GRID 2019 physics engine into GRID AS, who's up for the challenge ? 😛

CM could have saved some time & $$ doing that from the start.

i guess that's what they'll do for the next game ?

Hmm, actually why not?

2 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Yup

are you blind?

2 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

we need to transplant the GRID 2019 physics engine into GRID AS

But why? Autosport has solid handling. It would be match better to transplant the GRID 2019 cars into GRID AS. So we will get detailed cockpit at last ))

Edited by lastbreath

6 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

are you blind?

If you think that it is not upgrading, you are blind, not me. Did you see these colours, lighting?

15 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

If you think that it is not upgrading, you are blind, not me. Did you see these colours, lighting?

Just to be clear, you understand that Autosport screen is on the left side?

26 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

So? And you think that GAS has got better graphics than GRID 2019 or what? I am not blind and I can read.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

llol, Yeah......................as captain Picard says, Make it SO ...................

2019 does look great but the buildings & stuff isn't always better........2019 is nice, just wish it had all the tracks missing !

Edited by OugaBooga

On 2/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

OK, I understand that you want more tracks but I don't understand why you want old tracks back again. Creating brand new tracks is a little bit difficult and costs some big money, yes, but adding tracks, which already have been to two GRID games so far? That is even worse than rally DLC to 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. Better if they added tracks, which appeared only once if they have got to copy/upgrade/paste instead of trying to find some new track/location instead of adding the same track over and over again, upgrading it in the meantime.

Why is it take one or the other?

8 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

And you think that GAS has got better graphics than GRID 2019 or what?

I don't think, it's obvious!

Well 2019 does have lens flair that J.J. Abrams would be proud of!!

58 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

I don't think, it's obvious!

To be honest i think GRID 2019 looks better. Lighting is much much better.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mrocz said:

To be honest i think GRID 2019 looks better. Lighting is much much better.

I agree about lighting, but without proper eye adaptation it has no sense, when sunny places are overbrighted and shadow ones are dark as black hole. AS lighting is worse but more solid and consistent.

Also without better LOD all objects look like that Arc in Barcelona - rectangular and outdated. Shadows pop-up right before the car etc. Maybe overall graphics technology is better in GRID2019 but its horrible implementation makes picture worse then 6 yo game. Just look at the trees in Sydney Park or Sepang - they are awful!

Edited by lastbreath

Maybe they shoudn't do environment at all?

Look out the window. It's 2020. Now launch the game and enjoy rectangular Arc...

Edited by lastbreath

Honestly before summer this game will be dead. CM clearly doesn't care. An entire season of 4-6 cars and one track, while DIRT has cars, tracks, events, liverys. I dont know why they bothered to resurrect GRID just to half ass it. 

• Like 2