F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID Season 2 Coming February 12 - Track Day Supercars

33 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

There is no possibility to purchase one Season individually. Only all 3 Seasons, which are included in Ultimate Edition Upgrade.

I did not purchase the Ultimate Edition Upgrade, but STEAM "does" have Season 1 listed individually for purchase. I wanted to skip Season 1 and purchase individually Season 2.

The option to extend the laps in carrer is excelent. Change the way of play. Its much more fun. 

Edited by paml1974
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, minetti said:

hmm do You play with the steering wheel or the pad controler?

for me AI looks ok and it's hard to win with pad without good starting position on medium

I play with a xbox one controller and always win very easy on highest difficulty, but hey, I will stop to write it because Codemasters don't care about my fix list, bye!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

I play with a xbox one controller and always win very easy on highest difficulty, but hey, I will stop to write it because Codemasters don't care about my fix list, bye!

understand, so it is important to add the next higher level even if people like me will never use it. should be easy and improve the gamplay scaling

• Like 1

I've not played GRID much yet, but I dipped into the Season 2 content to take a look, then realised as I haven't played the Career mode I can't drive any of the new cars, as they all need buying.

I face the same issue with the official livery Renault R26. Ultimately I'd like to do some videos of the game, but don't have time to play the career mode for hours. Why isn't there a Quick Race mode like DIRT, or is there one that I've overlooked? Even in Forza Motorsport 7 you can do single races with any car on loan (you just don't get any progress points).

my opinion is that this is the right solution where you need to gradually unlock the ability to drive next cars and they are not as simply available from a free race or something. if you wanna wright review or video then you should take time to get it.  thanks to that there will be more reliable opinions and players will have motivation and time spent with the game will be rewarded. it's like you just want to try the best bosses or scenes without getting into the game path, nonsense

Would be usuful to try cars before to buy just in 1 track only 1 Lap or with time limitation... in Dirt rally 2.0 you can try which car fits more to you,  listen to the sound ect... 

• Agree 1

Would be usuful to try cars before to buy just in 1 track only 1 Lap or with time limitation... in Dirt rally 2.0 you can try which car fits more to you,  listen to the sound ect... 

Now i am in dilemma which car i should try in this new hyper class with these 4 cars and i have not enough money to buy all of them and test... Same for the classes that cars are expensive... 

• Agree 1

agree with that point, one test lap or just better a test yard like this in multiplayer carmagedon or like in dirt2.0 - ready solution 

Edited by minetti

so what for the career mode? i dont like this permanent freeplay idea, that's demotivation and shallows the game and opinions about it

Edited by minetti
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

So you prefer up to 3 cars and maybe even one location at the beginning and you have got to unlock almost all the content to be able to check it?

yea, because that's the path you enjoy the game, BUT I agree with arguments about prices so there should be option to check the car before buy as a test yard or one lap at the one track.

i think there is enough opportunity to free race now but the core is that you have to spend some time to unlock cars you can buy and use it. otherwise it will be another jump in for a while game and there will be plenty of fake opinions based on 5 min. play

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, minetti said:

so what for the career mode? i dont like this permanent freeplay idea, that's demotivation and shallows the game and opinions about it

And have you thought of players, who haven't got time to master the game or just want to play for fun and want to relax? Then how could they play with only 2-3 tracks and 4-5 cars for example because the rest is locked? It is not a fun.

• Like 1

that's funny arg cause the fast and poor career path in this game is even build for sunday players 😉

No way, u sure u cant choose dlc cars in quick race or free race, what ever the name of mode is in this game?U have to own a car in career to be able to race it in quick race? WoW

Unfortunately. In Freeplay you can earn some money like in Career mode but it is about 1000-1500 GRID currency or something like that. Every car with the except of GRID edition cars is locked and to unlock it you have got to pay for that. The same with DLC cars.

That is why I am against such ideas contrary to minetti.

On 2/13/2020 at 3:15 PM, Katzenkralle91 said:

did you try change stabilization setting?

On 2/14/2020 at 11:51 PM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Unfortunately. In Freeplay you can earn some money like in Career mode but it is about 1000-1500 GRID currency or something like that. Every car with the except of GRID edition cars is locked and to unlock it you have got to pay for that. The same with DLC cars.

That is why I am against such ideas contrary to minetti.

but the career is simple and the earn system is fast enough and well balanced. so after few starts you have some money to buy better cars and in my opinion this is enough to play in free race mode. you even dont have to start the career mode if just wanna take a ride and as it was pointed you have the GRID edition cars.

overall I think this is a good solution because it gives you the chance to get involved in racing with benefits, and at the same time allows you to get free race in some different cars just like that. i like it

despite many mistakes in graphics, I must write that this game is very playable and well balanced, and it has a very pleasant driving model

Edited by minetti
  • Like 1

It means you can potentially buy the DLC cars and not be able to use them, unless you've also acquired enough money in-game to buy them. Bit odd.

• Agree 1

On 2/14/2020 at 5:43 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

No way, u sure u cant choose dlc cars in quick race or free race, what ever the name of mode is in this game?U have to own a car in career to be able to race it in quick race? WoW

doesn't live up to the word "free" play 🤣