PS4(1.20), PC (1.18) - No Safety Car in Carreer mode.

Hello.

I have both versions of game for PC and PS4. In all versions in carreer mode safety car wasn't deployed after retiring drivers.

Options are: Difficulty - 70, Damage - Simulation, Safety Car - on

What can i do to get safety car? Thanks

9 hours ago, Enlate said:

Hello.

I have both versions of game for PC and PS4. In all versions in carreer mode safety car wasn't deployed after retiring drivers.

PC version should be 1.20 also.

Additional info: 

I played 5 races after update, but didn't see SC or VSC before update too. In every race i have a retired drivers but SC/VSC wasn't deployed.

I made a some experiments: Just make a collision, my wheel was broken and after flashback safety car was deployed.

Driving slow just causing only Yellow Flags not VSC.

Hi @Enlate,

Could you test your SC deployment over a few races and see how it performs? As part of the update, SC deployment was updated.

19 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Enlate,

Could you test your SC deployment over a few races and see how it performs? As part of the update, SC deployment was updated.

Oh, i updated my PS4 game in day when patch was released. (My PC game wasn't updated because i have a trouble with network on my PC. I said about PC just for information what SC was broken for me on all platform). So as i said before, after 5 race (on 1.20) i didn't see SC or VSC after AI driver retirements. We are talking about PS4 right now.

PS: I'm sorry if i confused you about info of verisons of game

As i see, i need to provide you a video to show a problem.

Edited by Enlate
  • Like 1

That would be much appreciated, yes. We just need the video for feedback and attempts at replication.

Also, can you add the following detail if you want to report this as a bug:

A short description of the problem:

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

9 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Also, can you add the following detail if you want to report this as a bug:

A short description of the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mEtl-799U  Timestamp is 2:15
Platform: PS4

Game Version: 1.20

Game Mode: Single, Career

Any accessories you are using: Just dualshock gamepad

Just one example. In next few days i will add more examples.

Edited by Enlate

Drivers tend to get mechanical retirements even in Grand Prix mode. This would not necessarily trigger a safety car, they may retire in the pit or to a safe place.

The frequency is increased with patch 1.20 but it is not a guarantee. Just my take.

Hi @Enlate,

At the risk of sounding like a race steward 😛 Bottas is considerably off the racing line in your video, and has parked in a safe place. It would take some effort to hit him. 

The incident is not on the racing line, and others driver are not at risk. I feel yellow flags there are the right action for the game to take.

• Like 1

So, can someone explain what can trigger SC in career?)

I asked because AI drivers never crashes, but sometimes they just rolling on track with low speed and SC and VSC never come out.

I will try to proof my words via video later. 

Thanks.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, Enlate said:

Hello.

Yes the same to me I have retirements of the AI and no SC. In my case the AI like to retire at the end of each race and forgot about the SC because 2 or 3 laps before the end you could not get SC or VSC.

I am happy that I found a person with same problem like mine. I am not alone in this case.

Thank you.

• Agree 1

Hi @BarryBL

Excuse me, i understand what I'm annoying right now, but can you give some advices, what we need to do?

Hi @Enlate,

Not annoying at all. It all depends on the incident in question. Does the:

•  Incident clearly interfere with the racing line, putting others at danger
  •  Cause major debris on the track
  •  Block the track in any way.

From the incident on your video, it doesn't affect any of these key things so the SC wasn't deployment. The game would assess on a case by case basis. 

I made some experiments and what i got: 

When i tried to drive slowly, i got a just yellow flag but when i blocked a track and one of AI Drivers impact me, safety car came out.

And now very hard to understand, how AI Drivers can make a crash, because they driving very accurately.

Some people on forum told that crossing the line by 4 wheels causing SC or VSC sometimes. but in career mode really hard to trigger SC.

So sad.

12 minutes ago, Enlate said:

I made some experiments and what i got: 

When i tried to drive slowly, i got a just yellow flag but when i blocked a track and one of AI Drivers impact me, safety car came out.

And now very hard to understand, how AI Drivers can make a crash, because they driving very accurately.

Some people on forum told that crossing the line by 4 wheels causing SC or VSC sometimes. but in career mode really hard to trigger SC.

So sad.

Yes I agree with you in career mode they did nothing about the SC, but in other modes which I do not play and do not know, only here I read about them they did something and the people report that they have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 SC in one race.

Cheers and Thank You Codemasters.

IRL when stewards trying to evaquate a retired car, VSC mode (at least) is active.

Hope in next patches (or in next game) developers will add a sensitivity of SC trigger.

Thank you for your attention

Edited by Enlate

Hello.

Does the game have any options to increase number of collisions of AI Drivers? In videos provided by another players i see what they can crashes, but i can't see this in my game 😞

On 2/5/2020 at 11:49 AM, BarryBL said:
  •  Incident clearly interfere with the racing line, putting others at danger
  •  Cause major debris on the track
  •  Block the track in any way.

Just combination of block the track and more than 1 of drivers are moving slowly. Another one isn't triggering a SC.

I'm tired and disapointed about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv-KB8Evj-g - i crashed into the wall, broke front wing and block a part of track. It's not enough for safety car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaiVxZZWEQw - DNF of Bottas. He just rolling through track. It's not enougth for safety car. This game can't generate another crash or DNF, just this race by race. I have a lot of races without SC and VSC, i mean ALL races on PC and PS4 for F1 2018 and 2019 and never see it without glitches.

UPD: I GOT MY FIRST INGAME SAFETY CAR. I don't sure how, on Russian Grand-Prix was very bad weather, and it was deployed suddenly.

No one AI players crashed. I lost my position, but i am really happy right now :)

Edited by Enlate