DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Monza Rally Show stages

This would be a relative easy creation of extra stages. I know not everyone will like these stages as it is on a F1 track, but I think it can be a new different experience for people. The Monza track is already made for the F1 games, so a lot of the fundaments are there. I only don't know how detailed Codemasters has the old oval track and surroundings of that. That might be a point of attention, together with the license of Monza Autodromo and the Monza Rally Show.

More info about the Monza Rally Show:
https://www.monzarallyshow.it/en/

At 2019 there were 5 "different" stages in 2019

“Autodromo” SS1 & SS6

“Roccolo” SS2 & SS7

“Gran Prix” SS3 & SS5

“Parabolica” SS4

“Monza” SS8

There seem no video about it

There is more info about the stages here:
https://www.monzarallyshow.it/en/teams-and-drivers/

image.thumb.png.f9a43182f250be447281bd0bc8a72ffd.png image.thumb.png.e5b92041a0147f06410188eb9d84dd4f.png image.thumb.png.a24c552197fdbd18a5c1f7e5387ae1ba.png image.thumb.png.842517397ff736e176e43b89e32805e2.png image.thumb.png.a0e1794232f526adfa204f25bc87a0e4.png

Next to that there is a Masters Show, this is a Head 2 Head competition

image.thumb.png.5350289baf64ffb24a1e1d37e1c9aef7.png

Other than “This would be a relative easy creation of extra stages“ is there any other merit to adding these type of stages to this game?

1 hour ago, Jack4688 said:

Other than “This would be a relative easy creation of extra stages“ is there any other merit to adding these type of stages to this game?

It is a popular event, where names as Rossi, Sordo, Neuville and other motorsport stars (from sportscars, motobike, WRX, WRC, ...) have started. Rossi actually won the event a couple of times while there were factory WRC pilots taking part as well. As the rally event not takes on public roads also rallycross supercars have been at the start, incuding Doran in 2018 with his DS3, and in 2019 a couple of Titans RX 

Yeah I understand all that but how would that translate to a computer game? I’m not trying to **** on your bonfire but I don’t see what enjoyment driving around a bunch of straw bales around Monza would give you...

I could see this or something similar appearing in the next DiRT where multiple game disciplines is one of its selling points, but not in a DiRT Rally title.

Heh just found this thread searching for Monza Rally in games. There is a game with the event in, but it's a MotoGP title, Valentino Rossi - The Game! Here I show bits from Monza and Misano (a bonus rally track, I guess):

On 2/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, Jack4688 said:

Yeah I understand all that but how would that translate to a computer game? I’m not trying to **** on your bonfire but I don’t see what enjoyment driving around a bunch of straw bales around Monza would give you...

I could see this or something similar appearing in the next DiRT where multiple game disciplines is one of its selling points, but not in a DiRT Rally title.

This is a huge part of club and national level rallying, I absolutely welcome a bunch of single-venue events with tight stages around bales and tyres etc. Circuits and open areas like Dirtfish would be perfect for short 'spectator stage' style events, super special stages or even some kind of create-your-own-stage type feature.