DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

F1 2019 patch 1.20 G29 steering issue

After the latest patch i have no ffb on steering.  I am using a G29 on PC.  I tried changing FFB settings but nothing happens.  I launched other racing sims and the ffb is working fine.  Any ideas?

Edited by Herro391
spelling

5 hours ago, Herro391 said:

I tried this document 

and none of that worked 

Uninstall LGS with Geek. Reboot. Install G-Hub, plugging in the wheel after installation.

Check working in G-Hub. Delete hardware_settings_config.xml, launch F1 2019, confirm working in-game settings. Delete any custom profiles and remap from base schema (if required).

Edited by steviejay69

3 hours ago, craigmont924 said:

I am having the same problem with a G920.  I've tried all the steps outlined in this thread and others, nothing has worked.

hardwaresettings.zip

DxDiag.txt

When you've done that dxdiag you've clearly got LGS installed so you haven't tried anything in this post.

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

When you've done that dxdiag you've clearly got LGS installed so you haven't tried anything in this post.

Well, I uninstalled LGS with Geek and installed G-Hub.  G-Hub doesn't even detect that the wheel is connected.  So I uninstalled G-Hub with Geek.  LGS does detect the wheel so I downloaded it from the ftp link and reinstalled it.

As others have said, the FFB works fine with other games (no, I don't have PCARS) and also worked fine in F1 2019 before the current patch.  I've tried running F1 with and without LGS running.

2 minutes ago, craigmont924 said:

Well, I uninstalled LGS with Geek and installed G-Hub.  G-Hub doesn't even detect that the wheel is connected.  So I uninstalled G-Hub with Geek.  LGS does detect the wheel so I downloaded it from the ftp link and reinstalled it.

As others have said, the FFB works fine with other games (no, I don't have PCARS) and also worked fine in F1 2019 before the current patch.  I've tried running F1 with and without LGS running.

Have you done the firmware update for the G920?

G920Update_96_3_49.exe

Edited by steviejay69

Try rolling back the recent updated ASMedia USB driver. In fact, if it's listed as installed in your Device Manager then uninstall it with Geek.

CPU is quite old and doesn't technically meet the minimum spec. Sandy Bridge does lack hardware features that debuted in Ivy Bridge and were improved with Haswell. Pretty soon I am sure we will reach a Skylake cut off.

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Try rolling back the recent updated ASMedia USB driver. In fact, if it's listed as installed in your Device Manager then uninstall it with Geek.

CPU is quite old and doesn't technically meet the minimum spec. Sandy Bridge does lack hardware features that debuted in Ivy Bridge and were improved with Haswell. Pretty soon I am sure we will reach a Skylake cut off.

Thanks, I'll try that.  I'll have to make sure my ProTools iLoks still work.

1 hour ago, craigmont924 said:

Thanks, I'll try that.  I'll have to make sure my ProTools iLoks still work.

Should be some non-ASMedia USB ports on the motherboard as the Cougar Point chipset does have some built in. If you link your board model I can check.

Is it this one?

If it is, then it's only the two blue ports under the Ethernet connector that are ASMedia as well as any expansion boards plugged into the USB3_34 connector above the SATA ports.

Edited by steviejay69

4 hours ago, craigmont924 said:

It's this motherboard: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H67M_EVO/

I had been using a front panel USB port connected to the motherboard hub at the left of this picture:

d8lY0qWUBW6VR5xr_1000.jpg

The ProTools iLoks are also there.  I tried plugging the wheel into one of the real panel USB2 ports (top of this picture) but there was no change.

Thanks!

The ASMedia controller only handles the two blue ports on the rear of the board under the Ethernet port. So, the iLoks (and your wheel) should work fine (or same) anywhere else.

But for troubleshooting, I would use the rear ports on the board (with as little else plugged into the port pair as possible).

Edited by steviejay69

Hello!

Since the 1.20 patch has been released I have some problems with the steering of my Logitech G29 wheel.

When I turn it (f.e. to 100 degrees) in the wheel in the game steers only 90 degrees, but one moment later it jumps to the right position in the game.

I've already uninstalled the driver of the wheel and reinstalled it, but still it doesn't work.

Also I tried it with the F1 2018 game, and there's no kind of problems with the steering, so I don't know what to do now.

Thanks for any help!

Bit more info mate, please. PS4 or PC? W10, etc. Plus these errors have been reported, so there are some suggestions to read.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Bit more info mate, please. PS4 or PC? W10, etc. Plus these errors have been reported, so there are some suggestions to read.

PC; W10; Dx11 (I've never tried 12 because as I heard that's crashes very often)

3 minutes ago, Padlófűtés said:

PC; W10; Dx11 (I've never tried 12 because as I heard that's crashes very often)

DX12 will only crash if your drivers are not up to date or your hardware does not support DX12 well. It is superior to DX11 as DX11 is a subset of DX12.

Yeah I think if you search G29 you will find suggestions. Find and try recommended posts.

Edited by steviejay69

Hi all,

I've merged topics as they are on a similar subject.

I've raised this to the Development team on the Feedback in general and am awaiting a response