Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Custom Weather in Career Mode F1 2019 ?!

Hey Codemasters !

Can you add in a small patch custom weather option in Career Mode ? 

• Agree 2

I still don`t understand why that isnt in the game. Yes, you may get an advantage by it in career mode but who cares, if its more fun for someone...

• Agree 3

No reason why it cant be there under realism settings. Maybe turn off achievements but allow the player to race in whatever conditions they want. Can be demoralizing if you've had rain in 6 consecutive race weekends. Or say you're doing too well and instead of just raising the ai level you feel like adding torrential rain for a challenge. 

If tcam and assists are in Career adjustable weather should be in there as well! 

Oh man how I wish, I started a new career after 1.20 and I've had rainy races in 6 out of 8 races so far...only Bahrein (where I don't thinks there's even rain available in career mode) and Monaco (jikes luckily) were dry.

Rain sometimes is fun, rain all the time is boring.

• Agree 2

Would be good if they had a mode or option in career for the 2019 season where all sessions mimic the actual weather conditions of that season for example wet German race etc.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Would be good if they had a mode or option in career for the 2019 season where all sessions mimic the actual weather conditions of that season for example wet German race etc.

I agree with this idea for the 2 year championship and maybe the first season in Career. After the first season it would have to be random weather or user selectable or else the REAL weather would become boring. 

I agree this should always have been an option. But especially given the rain AI issue. 

• Agree 1

Game definitely needs this. Dynamic weather is a nice idea in theory but often seems to result in really large batches of rain for certain seasons.

• Thanks 1

I'd like to see customizable weather in Time-trial mode or variable weather with a choice of how that weather transitions. And what about wind? I'd like to see how heavy winds affect car handling in all modes. 

On 2/6/2020 at 4:48 PM, TomAAA said:

In the old 2001-2003 EA's games (PC versions) it was an option.

Anyway yes, Custom Weather in Career would be a nice feature, I mean, everything that brings more personalization in Career mode is a nice feature

If not an option to turn off weather for a career race. How about being able to change the AI during a race. 

I really don't understand why in all game modes, dynamic weather is optional, except career mode.
Almost everything can be changed to fit peoples needs. but apparently changing weather isn't possible. Even though it's in the menu of career mode, just grayed out.

Career mode is single player, thus giving people a choice if they want to have rain or not, doesn't affect anyone else.
Codemasters announcement for F1 2020, said there would be more customization for all skill levels, let's hope turning off dynamic weather is one of them.

40% of the season driving in the wet is not my idea of fun.

• Agree 3

100% agree with everything here. I understand they locked the option because it's supposed to be part of the challenge in career mode, but if there's people who's enjoyment goes down because of it, why not simply make it optional like everything else? Players should be able to customise their experience to make it as challenging and realistic as they want and weather's a big part of that, as much or more so than any damage, flashback or off-track grip settings if you ask me.

• Agree 1

I would like to have possibility to choose the weather in career and in Championship modes...

• Agree 1

Unfortunately I won't be buying another F1 title until they fix this.  I'm 11 races into a season and the only race that wasn't wet was Bahrain.  No reason at all there isn't an option to turn off weather if it's going to be shoved down your throat.

If you race with no assists its plain hard work in the rain unless you are brilliant. I notice ALL the virtual online GPs so far have had no rain whatsoever. There's a good reason for that!

Agree with this I dont mind the odd rain race a couple a season maybe or losing the odd practise but in 19 career I am at Austria amd rain has featured at some point every weekend including all but 3 grand prix.

Putting things like steering assist in the next game but cant have choice of weather.

• Agree 1

Please Codemasters, allow the players to CHOOSE what weather they want in career and championship!

On 5/10/2020 at 10:11 PM, AdamFreeman said:

Putting things like steering assist in the next game but cant have choice of weather.

Can't understand why they add steering assist, but weather is fixed in career mode. I haven't found anything yet whether dynamic weather can be turned off in F1 2020. If not, I'll just wait till the game is on sale with at least a 70% off.