Still waiting for those realistic engine sounds....

I Just can't stand playing with the Fabia WRC while it sounds like the Focus Rs 😳 and the Citroen C4 borrowing the Mini WRC sound from Dirt Rally 1

Edited by m260602
  • Agree 1

Meanwhile those get fixed ,if at all,  please enjoy the BEST EVER sounds for the rest of the cars EVER in a rally game .

All cant be and will never be perfect 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Would love the game to incorporate them pops and bangs from the anti lag/launch control

• Agree 1

Dirt Rally 2 has the best engine sound of any game or medium I've ever experienced.   As a sound designer for a racing game myself, I can really appreciate the love, enthusiasm, and attention to detail the sound designers at Codemasters have put into their work.

Codemasters audio is what I aspire to as the ultimate in sound.

It would of course be great if every single car sounds as authentic as the rest, but sometimes you don't have the time or the resources to record some of those vehicles, especially the rare and expensive R5's.

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, ApexAzimuth said:

sometimes you don't have the time or the resources to record some of those vehicles

There is a middle ground between recording the real car and using the sounds of another car in the same class that sounds nothing like it. For Fabia WRC they could at least use the sounds of something that isn't in the same class. Use the sounds of one of the supercars or something. Wouldn't be super authentic of course but a lot less blatantly "this sound does not belong in this car" feeling than currently.

Sure this is a great sounding game overall, which is why Fabia kind of sticks out. A shame since it's a nice car otherwise.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ApexAzimuth said:

It would of course be great if every single car sounds as authentic as the rest, but sometimes you don't have the time or the resources to record some of those vehicles, especially the rare and expensive R5's.

Yeah, agree. There are quite some factors. I think you need passionate people who see the benefit from it. 
I think the problem aren't really the R5's, but it is more the running costs in general and how that is going to be compensated.
It is basically a kinda simple test-day for the car, but the costs might still go up for one or more thousand of euros.

Some people are more than happy to help, which i think happened with the S5 Impreza and Legacy. 
But budget is overall hard to find, and you not get any compensation, yeah that I also wouldn't take the risk to get my car recorded.
But if my livery would come into the game f.e. for free than i can see the benefit from it. 

So yeah, i think you need to find passionate people or see if you could compensate somehow.

• Agree 1

I  just hope the RS wil; be obnoxious and loud , as it was with not much but piping to take care of sound muffling...………...

Edited by Madhun1967

This is going to sound crass (probably because it is) but if you're not happy with the engine sounds on a rally video game, it seems you have two options:

1) stop playing the game 

2) buy a Skoda Fabia rally car and check out the real engine sound for yourself

3 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

This is going to sound crass (probably because it is) but if you're not happy with the engine sounds on a rally video game, it seems you have two options:

1) stop playing the game 

2) buy a Skoda Fabia rally car and check out the real engine sound for yourself

3) get over it and try to focus on the positive

I get it, ok, you know what the real thing sounds like and to you it's just so obvious that what we have now is wrong. But come on, hyperfocusing on such a minor detail like this, to the extent that it's spoiling your enjoyment of the game, is unhealthy. There's so much to enjoy about the game!

Edited by caerphoto
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2