Sign in to follow this  

Safety car comes to a sudden stop

A short description of the problem: While being behind the safety car, the safety car gets to a very sudden stop and three cars accidentally overtake the safety car (and get a 15 second countdown warning at the top of their screen). The drivers then have to stand still and the safety car just in time overtakes them again.

Platform you're on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): PC Steam
Game Version: 1.20
Game Mode, including if it was singleplayer or multiplayer: Multiplayer - Unranked lobby
If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?: 5 players, 0 AI
What happened in the lead up to the problem?: A safety car came out and was waiting for all the drivers to line up behind the safety car.
If you get an error message, the exact wording  of the error message you're receiving: Nothing
Any accessories you are using: (wheel, pad, etc): Driver in POV used a wheel, others unknown.
If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

• Not entirely sure this is due to the recent Safety car changes or the fact a part of the barrier was sticking out, but either way - it should be solved (Singapore also has barriers sticking out in turns 8 and 18 sometimes).
  • Agree 1

Hi @psYchovic77,

Thanks for adding this and completing as requested. Filling out bug reports this way really helps me and the team out 👍

Seems strange. I'll raise this to the Developer team to attempt to re-create the issue.

All I can suggest is to take a close look at the barriers on the right hand side of the track. It seems like one or of them was/were hit by a car before. There are more issues known within the community (as mentioned above) with (invisible) barriers sticking out on track in the game.

Hi Barry.

No , it was before the last Patch when Safety Cars didnt feature in the game.

So only the drivers got DNF`ed by driving into the fallen wall objects at Canada`s exit of Wall of Champions and Singapore at the chikane in Sector 2

Further Feedback from another league (KRL)

SC stops completely on track. Everyone gets disqualified.

with Timecode

(unranked Lobby, PC, 1.20, 20 players, No AI.)

Edited by iosis

Hi @iosis,

Have you managed to re-create this at all??

I'll add it to the investigation. On initial looks of it, that could have been a connectivity-related problem.

Thanks for the feedback

No i was just a spectator of the stream and talked to the people that competed.

Not my videos. Just to add a couple of more videos of an invisible wall causing issues, without a safety car being involved.

Hi @psYchovic77,

Thanks for your post.

This is, in some rare cases, something that we are aware of and has been raised to the development team for investigation.

• Agree 1