Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

[PS4] 1.20 WING DAMAGED NOT FIXED IN PITSTOP 2 TIMES (WITH VIDEOS)

@BarryBL hello

If the wing is slightly damaged, it will not be repaired at the pit.
Slight damage is a state in which the damage level is less than yellow-green.

This problem occurred with previous patches, but also with the latest patch (1.20).

I am uploading a video of the issue details. Check the link on youtube.
https://youtu.be/S5MEOSrP0oA

Platform: PC
Version: 1.20
Mode: Career
Damage level: FULL

I have posted this issue on the forum in the past, but have you seen it?

1 hour ago, saukisu said:

@BarryBL hello

If the wing is slightly damaged, it will not be repaired at the pit.
Slight damage is a state in which the damage level is less than yellow-green.

This problem occurred with previous patches, but also with the latest patch (1.20).

I am uploading a video of the issue details. Check the link on youtube.
https://youtu.be/S5MEOSrP0oA

Platform: PC
Version: 1.20
Mode: Career
Damage level: FULL

I have posted this issue on the forum in the past, but have you seen it?

If the repair wing setting is AUTO, light damage will not be replaced. If you set to YES, it is always replaced. Can you check your setting (in MFD)?

40 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

If the repair wing setting is AUTO, light damage will not be replaced. If you set to YES, it is always replaced. Can you check your setting (in MFD)?

@steviejay69

Thanks for your comment.
This problem occurs even if "YES" is selected in the MFD.
In addition, youtube videos are in the FP in carrier mode, there is no repair column in the MFD in the FP.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

That is not true, auto and yes are the same thing, the game rearely fixes light green/light yellow damage

6 hours ago, Speedy862 said:

That is not true, auto and yes are the same thing, the game rearely fixes light green/light yellow damage

Auto and Yes are not the same thing. Auto replaces wing when there is susbstantial damage, Yes replaces it if there is *any* damage. That's how it's always worked for me.

But....I do not play career. I do not use FP sessions. I play online and in GP mode (though that is a trial because of the poor AI).

Hi all,

@steviejay69 is correct on this. "Auto" setting will let the game decide whether an early stop to fix the damage is worth the time lost in the pits. This would be related to the level of damage vs the amount of extra time stationary in the pitlane. For the game to consider that the wing should be replaced under "Auto" settings, there would have to be substantial damage.

"Yes" is simply to change regardless of level of damage at the next stop, giving the player control.

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

@steviejay69 is correct on this. "Auto" setting will let the game decide whether an early stop to fix the damage is worth the time lost in the pits. This would be related to the level of damage vs the amount of extra time stationary in the pitlane. For the game to consider that the wing should be replaced under "Auto" settings, there would have to be substantial damage.

"Yes" is simply to change regardless of level of damage at the next stop, giving the player control.

It's clear from the OP video that in FP the setting is unavailable and that the wing is not fixed. That is perhaps the crux of it.

I think (IIRC) this occurs in MP Qualifying the MFD tab isn't available because I used to set it 'Yes' at the start of a MP session so I didn't forget. It was my outlap drill. I now do it on the Formation Lap.

@BarryBL hope this helps 👍

Edited by steviejay69

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

Barry, i appreciate the communication from you but on this specific case, what you said is incorrect, there have been plenty of cases in the leagues i've raced in and from my own races where my wing will not get changed with it selected at 'yes'. If you could please get this looked at as it ruins races when you get minor damage at a downforce track, you want the game to fix it but it won't and your race is basically ruined.

12 minutes ago, Speedy862 said:

Barry, i appreciate the communication from you but on this specific case, what you said is incorrect, there have been plenty of cases in the leagues i've raced in and from my own races where my wing will not get changed with it selected at 'yes'. If you could please get this looked at as it ruins races when you get minor damage at a downforce track, you want the game to fix it but it won't and your race is basically ruined.

Do you set to 'Yes' at the start of the session or after the incident / just before the pit entry / in the pit lane.

Late calls don't always get recognized, I grant you that.

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Do you set to 'Yes' at the start of the session or after the incident / just before the pit entry / in the pit lane.

Late calls don't always get recognized, I grant you that.

After i get the damage and before i enter the pitlane ussually

• Thanks 1

Just now, Speedy862 said:

After i get the damage and before i enter the pitlane ussually

Can you do me a favour and set to 'Yes' before you have an incident and see what the result is? Appreciate this may take some time to test.

Might even be relevant what sector you are in if it doesn't detect a call in Sector 3 but does in Sector 1 or 2. It might also depend on the game mode. Pretty much I find the pitlane is too late from experience, but that would only be on the occasion I haven't set it (which is hardly ever).

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you do me a favour and set to 'Yes' before you have an incident and see what the result is? Appreciate this may take some time to test.

Might even be relevant what sector you are in if it doesn't detect a call in Sector 3 but does in Sector 1 or 2. It might also depend on the game mode. Pretty much I find the pitlane is too late from experience, but that would only be on the occasion I haven't set it (which is hardly ever).

I will test it, just like i've tested a bunch of things in this game, but CM needs to look at it as there is something wrong with the threshold or something

Edited by Speedy862
  • Like 1

Hi all,

After testing this, I can see the issue in some instances. 

I'll raise it to the developers to investigate moving forward.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

After testing this, I can see the issue in some instances. 

I'll raise it to the developers to investigate moving forward.

Thank you Barry!

@BarryBL please check that in order to fix that problem. Thank you. don't hold a grudge against me 😅.

• A short description of the problem:

In the 10 laps before opening the menu, I didn't see any pop-up warning about the wing damage, but when I saw the wing in yellow, I thought I would change it in the pitstop, I didn't fix it, so I thought: ok, the wing of Repair is in automatic option and the game determine that the damage is not enough to change it, we will put it in the option yes, and we stop in the pits again, and again without a change of nose, so I decided to enter once again touching a wall to repair them (now in orange) they did it !!!

To sum up: no damage during 10 laps and no changed nose with wing repair option in yes!

• Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

PS4

• Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

• Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

Multiplayer lobby (You can see at the hole video how I create the lobby)

• If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?:

No IAs, 9 players start the season.

• What happened in the lead up to the problem?:

nothing special.

• If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

no

• Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

Wheel: Podium DD1 and Clubsport V3

• If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

1st pitstop 

2nd pitstop

3rd/final pitstop

If I want you to change me the wing... YOU CHANGE ME THE WING!!!! 😡🤣

Hi @JuanCarMR,

Thanks for the post. 

We've seen this one before, and have managed to replicate this one in terms of the levels of damage determining the wing change.

It is currently with the developers and I am hoping to get an update from them on this. 

• Thanks 1

To update you @JuanCarMR and @saukisu

We don't have an exact date for this to be added, but this is planned to be in our next patch.

Thanks for your report on this, appreciated. 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2