[PC] Game closes on it's own

Hi,

Ever since patch 1.20, the game has been acting weirdly. It often closes on it's own before getting to the main menu (usually during the "connecting to online services" phase). It does not appear to crash as no dialog boxes show up, rather it seems like something forced the game to quit. The problem happens with both DX12 and DX11 but is mostly a problem when running the DX12 executable. I have re downloaded the game from steam after deleting all files related to it but it hasn't stopped the problem from occuring.

I am playing on Windows 10 Pro version 1903(18362.592). Nividia drivers vers. 441.47.  I am using a Xbox One pad.

Specs

-core i5 6400

-8GB RAM

-GTX 660

I think that's everything i can tell, i hope you'll find a way to resolve the issue.

1 minute ago, Ceslawi said:

Hi,

Ever since patch 1.20, the game has been acting weirdly. It often closes on it's own before getting to the main menu (usually during the "connecting to online services" phase). It does not appear to crash as no dialog boxes show up, rather it seems like something forced the game to quit. The problem happens with both DX12 and DX11 but is mostly a problem when running the DX12 executable. I have re downloaded the game from steam after deleting all files related to it but it hasn't stopped the problem from occuring.

I am playing on Windows 10 Pro version 1903(18362.592). Nividia drivers vers. 441.47.  I am using a Xbox One pad.

Specs

-core i5 6400

-8GB RAM

-GTX 660

I think that's everything i can tell, i hope you'll find a way to resolve the issue.

Dxdiag please, probably updates for that Skylake. Tell me your board name too, thanks.

5 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Dxdiag please, probably updates for that Skylake. Tell me your board name too, thanks.

Here's the dxdiag : https://pastebin.com/hyw0UgRp

Board is a MSI H110M PRO-D (MS-7996)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ceslawi said:

Here's the dxdiag : https://pastebin.com/hyw0UgRp

Board is a MSI H110M PRO-D (MS-7996)

I would advise Memtest from a USB first (it looks like you only have 8GB memory, so 1 stick? Won't take long.... 🙂 )

Updated uCode / UEFI 2H

Updated 442.19 - do a safe mode DDU and install these DCH drivers.

Uninstall your current audio drivers in Safe as well and install these DCH drivers from Station Drivers (do not let Windows Update try to load them).

Shiny LAN drivers.

Chipset drivers (correctly identify components)

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml - (please turn off dynamic display scaling) you can run 1080 native.

All your errors are F1 2019 and Steam crashes. 

Play in DX12 with all this. Good luck.

14 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I would advise Memtest from a USB first (it looks like you only have 8GB memory, so 1 stick? Won't take long.... 🙂 )

Updated uCode / UEFI 2H

Updated 442.19 - do a safe mode DDU and install these DCH drivers.

Uninstall your current audio drivers in Safe as well and install these DCH drivers from Station Drivers (do not let Windows Update try to load them).

Shiny LAN drivers.

Chipset drivers (correctly identify components)

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml - (please turn off dynamic display scaling) you can run 1080 native.

All your errors are F1 2019 and Steam crashes. 

Play in DX12 with all this. Good luck.

Thanks a bunch, i'll do all that and let you know how it went

• Like 1

So it's still happening sadly. It seemed to be fixed yesterday, but trying to play today it won't go anywhere past the loading screen

13 hours ago, Ceslawi said:

So it's still happening sadly. It seemed to be fixed yesterday, but trying to play today it won't go anywhere past the loading screen

As a last resort, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (you can do a Steam backup if your internet is metered or slow). Anything that refreshes the runtime installations is helpful. @Ceslawi