DiRT Rally

Yeah Im having racnet connectivity issues as well, been going on for a week or two, just started suddenly. Now no dailies or leagues. Been playing for years without issues.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:17 AM, Juno2006 said:

can someone help me, i cant play online, it says racenet is not available

On 2/22/2020 at 8:54 AM, Zyonig said:

Yeah Im having racnet connectivity issues as well, been going on for a week or two, just started suddenly. Now no dailies or leagues. Been playing for years without issues.

Looks like Codemasters is pretending their old games don't even exist, the most they get on their own official forums is a single thread in a "older dirt games" section. I'm really not surprised with their immature and unprofessional attitude. After all, they're even making some stupid gimmicky "fast and furious" game.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Does anyone want to boost the PVP trophies please?

Need these for the Plat... any help much appreciated. 

On 3/10/2020 at 7:55 PM, rodikas said:

After all, they're even making some stupid gimmicky "fast and furious" game.

That's Slightly Mad Studios, and they've been working on that since before they were acquired by Codemasters.

On 2/22/2020 at 1:54 PM, Zyonig said:

Just keep re-trying, I've always got it connect eventually even if takes 10 or 20+ retries.

1. RALLY EVENT: Game loads to starting line, does not proceed.

I have verified file content in Steam, no problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no fix. 

2. HILL CLIMB EVENT: Game loads to starting line in Hill Climb event, game proceeds, but no controller response.

I have re-calibrated my Logitech G-27 wheel in game options.  The pedal calibration is unresponsive in game options.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Maddawg1936 said:

1. RALLY EVENT: Game loads to starting line, does not proceed.

I have verified file content in Steam, no problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no fix. 

2. HILL CLIMB EVENT: Game loads to starting line in Hill Climb event, game proceeds, but no controller response.

I have re-calibrated my Logitech G-27 wheel in game options.  The pedal calibration is unresponsive in game options.

Try changing this option to "forced off" in the games properties on steam. Right click on the game in the left bar on steam to access that menu. Some people who have issues with unresponsive controls state changing this options solves that sort of issue. Also, make sure you have the Logitech game software version 5.10 installed. The newer versions of the LGS software dont work with the G27, so you need to find a copy of that old one, if you dont already have it.

forced off.png

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Maddawg1936 said:

Thanks Steve!  I thought this was for all Technical Assistance all platforms Sorry.

It's not your fault, the site layout is confusing.

Games should be at the top of the forum level, then TS should be prominent once you have navigated to the correct game.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Try changing this option to "forced off" in the games properties on steam. Right click on the game in the left bar on steam to access that menu. Some people who have issues with unresponsive controls state changing this options solves that sort of issue. Also, make sure you have the Logitech game software version 5.10 installed. The newer versions of the LGS software dont work with the G27, so you need to find a copy of that old one, if you dont already have it.

forced off.png

Thanks lalyrn, I'll give that a try, much appreciated.  My wheel works fine in Dirt 4 so I'm thinking its a Steam thing.  I will try both though.

Next step is to make sure your pedals are plugged in correctly then, as well as check the pedal cable for any damage. If you dont have a wheel stand or cockpit and press the pedals up againts a hard surface, the cable coming out the back of the pedals can break.

If all is ok with the cable, you need to varify in lgs or in windows game controllers that the pedals are actually working.

I don't think there is a Technical Assistance forum for DR1, so I'll push this to the Codies Lounge's General Discussion 🙂 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Next step is to make sure your pedals are plugged in correctly then, as well as check the pedal cable for any damage. If you dont have a wheel stand or cockpit and press the pedals up againts a hard surface, the cable coming out the back of the pedals can break.

If all is ok with the cable, you need to varify in lgs or in windows game controllers that the pedals are actually working.

Yes, the pedals are working in other games (Dirt 4).  They will not calibrate in Dirt Rally (1), but the Logitech wheel does calibrate.

On 3/21/2020 at 11:24 PM, Ialyrn said:

Yes, the pedals are working in other games (Dirt 4).  They will not calibrate in Dirt Rally (1), but the Logitech wheel does calibrate.

Posted (edited)

Can't connect Racenet. Tried about five hundred times in the last two days. Always getting "service is not available".

Are we forgotten?

Edited by Sivle

Posted (edited)

"The racenet service is not available" for the nearly the past week. Can't do any daily, weekly or monthly activities.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!

Defender

EDIT: This is for PC and I tried 37 times in a row and it failed each time.

Edited by Defender1970

Posted (edited)

There is no need to try to start the game and to check the connection to Racenet - costs a lot of time. Just go to https://www.dirtgame.com/us/events - if you can see the leaderboards there, Racenet works.

My question is - WHY DR 2.0 RACENET WORKS JUST FINE, AND DR DOESN'T??? No online events for DR anymore? Just let us know, Codemasters. Thanks.

Edited by nagler
  • Agree 1

On 3/29/2020 at 8:43 AM, nagler said:

My question is - WHY DR 2.0 RACENET WORKS JUST FINE, AND DR DOESN'T??? No online events for DR anymore? Just let us know, Codemasters. Thanks.

Because DR 2.0 is discounted on Steam?

What's happened to this game, no more online events? Racenet down all the time.😥

Anyone seen an improvement? They posted on twitter yesterday:

In recent days we've seen reports of DiRT Rally (1) players not having access to online Events in-game.

We have investigated and are rolling out a server side fix for this, so you should be able to access them again real soon

I got into both daily's today with no connection errors at all today.

Even if they haven't fixed it yet I still say just keep retrying, I've done the daily's every day for the last few weeks, only once or twice had to take a break because I couldn't connect, and that was just for 10 or 15 minutes before I could get it to connect again. Or maybe there's a problem only some people are hitting and I've been lucky.

Posted (edited)

on PS4
I only play the new DR2, but make a comment here so that CM doesn't think nobody noticed:

When you make "firmer" the springs, they actually soften. This also changes the height of the bodywork downwards.
But in some cars (Lancer Evo X) the springs are so soft that if you make them even "firmer", the suspension will be at the bottom of the stop, which makes everything look harder when driving.
But with the Impreza 95 and many older cars you can test this well.

Edited by PaulNbg