F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRT Rally

Posted (edited)

I have a problem with this game. I bought a new computer (3950x with 1660 super) and the game just shows the splash logo, then closes itself, no error. *** is going on?

Im on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, i've updated assorted stuff, i've verified cache files, nothing works. I already tried this too because apparently new computers with too many cores have problems with Dirt 1:

Same thing, doesn't work.

Also tried with SMT off in BIOS... doesn't work.

Please, you tell me I spent 2k on a new computer that can't run Dirt Rally because "it's too new" but can run rFactor 1 without any problems? This is insanity. Can you guys fix this?

Edited by dirtox

On 4/6/2020 at 1:22 PM, LuJkee said:

не заходит в лиги для соревнований. сука месяц. заебалооооооооооооооооо

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Doesn't make leagues for competition. ***** for a month. ****** up.

All cars on which there is a turbocharger accelerate too quickly, the turbine pressure indicator rolls off a second after pressing the gas pedal. Engine speeds are almost always in the red zone in any gear. The problem is with both the gamepad and the keyboard. Reinstallation does not help. Appears on both linux and windows. With cars with atmospheric engines there is no such problem. /
Все машины на которых есть турбонаддув разгоняются слишком быстро, индикатор давления турбины зашкаливает через секунду после нажатия на педаль газа. Обороты двигателя почти всегда в красной зоне на любой передаче. Проблема и с геймпадом, и с клавиатурой. Переустановка не помогает. Проявляется и на linux, и на windows. С машинами с атмосферными двигателями такой проблемы нет.

Hey guys I'm trying to get the Visceral achievement in Dirt Rally and I've tried everything I could but I just can't get it to unlock. I already have the I'm the 5% achievement. Could any of you help me out?

I figured out what the problem was.  Not sure why this occurred.

Randomly I could start from the starting line in certain disciplines.  Yes on Hill Climb and Rally Cross.  No on Rally.

Finally I recalibrated my G27 wheel settings.  That was the fix.

I still don't know why the game wouldn't function in Rally but it would in the others??  

Does anyone have the default hardware_setttings_config file? I would like to reset the games graphics parameters cause it's broken. If not that then does anyone know how to disable stereoscopic rendering?

Does any one has this issue when creating a season event?

Ensure all events have a track selected

On 3/10/2020 at 7:55 PM, rodikas said:

Looks like Codemasters is pretending their old games don't even exist, the most they get on their own official forums is a single thread in a "older dirt games" section. I'm really not surprised with their immature and unprofessional attitude. After all, they're even making some stupid gimmicky "fast and furious" game.

Yeah , agreed. It just looks like the policy is ignore the issues and hope the punters just buy a newer version. Not gonna happen, literally tried for weeks, verified, re-installed, tried all the tricks. It looks broken and abandoned by the developer. I'm just avoiding the franchise in future. Its a shame as I enjoyed it.

• Agree 1

On 5/7/2020 at 6:15 PM, EddieLion said:

Does any one has this issue when creating a season event?

Ensure all events have a track selected

Yes, I'm also currently having the same issue.

About an Xbox One X patch fix the light, the shadow and every visual issues :

I repost the message of @HAMW05WC2014

because I have exactly the same problems. If other people have problems, say so. I would really like codmaster to bring a patch, because the first Dirt Rally is for me the best at the moment.

But he is now unplayable. They must do something!

"Hi all. I know the visual texture glitches are well documented in Dirt, Especially the multicoloured cockpit glitch and why Codemasters never fixed this very well known issue is still a mystery to me. Anyway at the end of the day if you usually quit the rally and restarted the glitch typically wouldn't bother you again for as long as your session lasted and given Dirt Rally is my favourite game I could live with that. But I recently upgraded to an Xbox one X having had the day one console since release and I reinstalled Dirt recently to find that on the X besides the known glitches there now appears to a lighting texture issue that effects stages in Sunlight. Turning fences and signs predominantly but including all roadside props and even sometimes patches on the road and the car itself bright green or yellow/orange in colour."

I don't understand why codmasters don't fix this because there are a lot of error reporting of the same kind. We bought the game, it must be usable and functional.