Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT 4

PJTierney

Exact same problem as previous two posters. Brought the game, and then to find one day it's unable to connect is a huge kick in the balls. Was really enjoying the daily and weekly challenges, in fact I've not played the game since.

I wonder if they'll make a statement about this or even fix it ahead of it joining EA Play next week, I imagine quite a few unhappy people who will pick up the game to find a big portion of the advertised content unavailable.....

As dentingboot rightly mentions in the post above, Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally are heading back on to Game Pass next week via EA Play, with the attendant rise in players that it will surely cause, so for them both to have a decent amount of the game not working is not exactly an ideal situation. I can't comment on Dirt Rally because i haven't played it, but a working RaceNet is required for eight Achievements/Trophies on Dirt 4, so this isn't a good look all round. If support for the game is ending since the EA takeover then very least that's needed is an official statement to clarify it, but ideally don't do that, just get RaceNet working again

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 10:02 PM, dentingboot said:

Exact same problem as previous two posters. Brought the game, and then to find one day it's unable to connect is a huge kick in the balls. Was really enjoying the daily and weekly challenges, in fact I've not played the game since.....

Same, bought for xbox yesterday, found lack of RaceNet functionality, put in a refund request today.

• 1 month later...

Still nothing happening with an official announcement about the discontinuation of the RaceNet service on Xbox, if that's what's actually happened. It seems to still be working on PlayStation. When there's seven achievements which rely on RaceNet functionality then this is pretty shoddy stuff, especially for a game which is available on Game Pass via, lest we forget, Codemasters' parent company Electronic Arts' EA Play. Frankly, someone should be embarrassed by how this has played out but it clearly looks like no-one at either Codies or EA gives the slightest toss. Well, despite them clearly not being fussed about what i say, i think they're a ******* disgrace, they've cut a portion of what has been paid for in their game for no obvious reason to the outsider other than laziness, and then rubbed it in our faces by having it still working on Sony's platform. ******* appalling. If you care that little about the achievement hunters amongst the fans of your game that you can't even be bothered to put out a statement confirming the ending of RaceNet on Xbox platforms, you should really be ashamed of yourself. Absolute disgrace

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 11:55 PM, Brasshande said:

Still nothing happening with an official announcement about the discontinuation of the RaceNet service on Xbox, if that's what's actually happened. It seems to still be working on PlayStation.

Same thing happening to me. No online functionality whatsoever on Xbox 😞. Just get constant messages about not being able to connect to Racenet and to try again later!

Was looking forward to climbing up the leader boards, taking part in the daily, weekly, monthly community challenges.

Never occurred to me to do research before buying Dirt 4 last month, just assumed basic stuff like leader boards would work. If anything, I thought that the leader boards would be nicely populated by now seeing as the game has been out a while. Don't want to refund as I really like the game but without even being able compare my times against others from inside the game just feels like a fundamental part of the game is missing.

I asked Codemasters support when or if this will ever be fixed for Xbox but just got a generic response about checking their twitter feeds, checking for Xbox live issues, etc. Not really a useful response given that I mentioned that Playstation and Steam platforms have lots of community events listed on their own community events web page for Dirt 4 but the Xbox has no events. It's right there for anyone to see, just visit the following website and filter by Xbox under "advanced filters".

https://dirt4.dirtgame.com/community-events

I get that Dirt 4 is getting a little old now but it is still sold on the Xbox store with them advertising the features that clearly do not work:

• COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world

• NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system

Not really sure what is going on here or if it will ever get fixed.

Edited by smj1111
typo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just saw BrassHande’s post about Racenet being back. Installed Dirt 4 again and Racenet is indeed working.😃

Thank you to whoever was responsible in Codemasters for getting Racenet back online for Dirt 4 on Xbox.👍

Dirt 4 is an awesome game.

Edited by smj1111