Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Realistic Expectations for a Classic Season in F1 games.

Hey guys!

It is well documented that we would all like a 'classic F1 season' included in the game instead of all the 'classic cars' that in the harsh reality, are rarely used. Even this year, a sub standard game mode that had so much promise ( Senna vs Prost ) was introduced, I would be surprised if over 60% of the player base completed it, this is not aimed to dismantle CM, simply genuine feedback to improve the game.

It is clear that the vocal group of F1 fans would love to see a full classic season, in my opinion, any season from 2006 and 2010 as these years were intense and a game is over a decade old or in some cases (2007 - 2009) not on 1st grade consoles. However, what are the possibilities of such a mode and how wold it effect the game? Personally, I do think CM have considered such a mode as it would significantly increase the hype and lifecycle of the game and we as fans have to understand that such a mode will inevitably raise the cost of production and therefore, the game. 

CM are not stupid, they are a brand, a company and it has investors to please and costs to cover, so anything that will better the game, they will always try to implement. However, I think this mode would take a year or maybe two to implement from the moment they decide to do it, as they need licenses, track scans, car modules need to be made and liveries designed. It is essentially an extra game within the game of release. It will take time and resources to implement.

We must ask though, can CM be open and honest with us and either rule out this dream or admit it is under consideration. This topic will never disappear and a franchise owes it to the fans to be open and transparent about something so heavily spoken about, I believe we deserve to know if this dream can ever become a reality in the future and if it cannot ever be, please just say so, as we can stop asking about the topic and focus our feedback on other areas of the franchise.

Any other opinions are welcome, please add anything you have to say.

Please CM, do not ignore,

A Loyal Fan of the F1 Game franchise.

@BarryBL