DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would be your ideal combination of DR2.0 stages?

If you could take any rally location, resurface it with any road and re-skin the surrounding environment, all using existing DR2.0 stage components what would your ideal combination be? And where in the world would your fictional stage location be?

My combo would be Hammerstein/Ruschberg with New England’s dark, smooth gravel and Wales’ forest and moorland. I’d set it in Northern England, the aim being that it feels like Kielder.

In my opinion, it is important to add more variety to stages, more big jumps like in Colin McRae Rally series to make stages more cool to drive, not so flat like we drove on the table, more water splashes, some downhill, uphill sections, etc. And please, DO NOT make reversed and/or shorter versions of a long stage.

And when it comes to place in the world, I would place it in Africa and/or Asia. We miss Kenya since 'DiRT 3' and Asia since 'Colin McRae DiRT 2'.

put some slushy snow in Greece and ... that's it, it just snowed in Greece. hey, it's in the mountains! it probably happens like a couple of times a decade in real life!

or snow and ice in Finland as if it's just had freezing rain? that could actually be realistic... and fun.

also. snow the whole way down the twists of Monte Carlo? eh, I think you get the picture. I live in Canada.

But the question is: would you want just the snow, or the snow banks as well?

Snow in Wales would be pretty awesome. I mean Monte-style snow without the snow banks 😉

having an actual layer of snow on the ground that survives a few dozen cars passing over without being pushed aside in favour of whatever is underneath realistically wouldn't happen without enough snow to make banks 😉

so, half of Monte Carlo is pretty unrealistic come to think of it lol (though it's partially ice which is different of course)

10 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

If you could take any rally location, resurface it with any road and re-skin the surrounding environment, all using existing DR2.0 stage components what would your ideal combination be?

Finland with Monte Carlo road conditions 😵

Hurtling through Finland but with Monte road conditions sounds like a recipe for terminal damage 😂

Koryfi Dafni’s hairpins with Monte Carlo’s icy tarmac would be epic!