Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ligth shift led in older car really bad

I'm sorry but I don't see why. You may be driving a 1980s car but you're not rallying in the 1980s, you're rallying in the present day and it makes sense for the car to have some modern touches like new gages, roll cages and instruments to comply with the changes in regulations. So far, the team's plan is to make the car ready for modern rally while maintaining as many original components as possible.

Radiols said:
Gear indicator ridicolous on a car with manual transmission
It is really important for those running sequentional shifters though.

I'm sorry but I don't see why. You may be driving a 1980s car but you're not rallying in the 1980s, you're rallying in the present day and it makes sense for the car to have some modern touches like new gages, roll cages and instruments to comply with the changes in regulations. So far, the team's plan is to make the car ready for modern rally while maintaining as many original components as possible.
SamRWD said:
Radiols said:
Gear indicator ridicolous on a car with manual transmission
It is really important for those running sequentional shifters though.
#rekt
More seriously: yes, the reasons above are pretty much the reason why the older cars feature updated/modern equipment. This is more like GT Legends where you're racing mostly period-correct cars but with a couple of modern sensibilities, rather than Grand Prix Legends where you're racing the cars exactly as they were in their time period.

This is only a problem of puritism...

The car still being that ancient car, with o without the ligths...

I think if you are driving with a cockpit view and no HUD, this ligths will be help you to drive and gearing in the rigth time... 

MBColin said:
This is only a problem of puritism...

The car still being that ancient car, with o without the ligths...

I think if you are driving with a cockpit view and no HUD, this ligths will be help you to drive and gearing in the rigth time... 
If course I am not using a HUD. I think the HUD is much more unrealistic than gear display.

I agree shift light do not belong in old cars.

Though some of the so call classic here I think have been sorce from replicas.

The Mk2 is a Modified  Mk2 with carbon dash & no doubt all the other bits that make up that class of updated Rally car.

The whole fun of driving a classic car is getting things correct there is no saftey net of Computer system & guides to help you drive, it is very much getting a feel for the car.

CM is based in the UK ist not that esay to find old Rally cars there , however  two very big Events take place in the rest of Euro . for all the classic Rally cars from Group 2. Group 4. Group B .Group A .& WRC.

I given them contact Details to both events  I hope thes decide to vist one or the other as they should owners willing to get all the Quality data they could ever hope for.

But some current saftey system have to be fitted to even classic Rally cars so nothing is going to 100 % perfect.

If you race a rally car today, you use all devices and instruments that help you performance, unless prohibited by a sanctioning body. In a game like this, a shifting light is all the more necessery, because reading the rev counter during a stage is difficult.

If people don't like to see a shifting light, maybe add an option to turn it off - but don't render in-car camera useless by removing the shift light altogether.

The Mk2 is a Modified  Mk2 with carbon dash & no doubt all the other bits that make up that class of updated Rally car.

The whole fun of driving a classic car is getting things correct there is no saftey net of Computer system & guides to help you drive, it is very much getting a feel for the car.

CM is based in the UK ist not that esay to find old Rally cars there , however  two very big Events take place in the rest of Euro . for all the classic Rally cars from Group 2. Group 4. Group B .Group A .& WRC.

I given them contact Details to both events  I hope thes decide to vist one or the other as they should owners willing to get all the Quality data they could ever hope for.

But some current saftey system have to be fitted to even classic Rally cars so nothing is going to 100 % perfect.

Years that were expecting a rally game so beautiful,the game has a high potential!Dreaming cockpit as assetto corsa....John Spooner to find words to explain,my english is terrible.

Radiols ha detto:
Anni che si aspettavano un gioco di rally così bella, il gioco ha un elevato potenziale! Dreaming cabina di guida Assetto Corsa .... John Spooner di trovare le parole per spiegare, il mio inglese è terribile.