F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID 2019 - When is Split Screen Coming?

Hello - I was led to believe GRiD 2019 will be getting split screen like the previous two versions of GRID had - when is this feature likely to be added?

Thanks

• Agree 2

Think you'll find split screen is a thing of the past, unless its something like Mario Kart. I don't remember the last game that had it.

• Disagree 1

First Grid didn't have it
Grid 2 i don't remeber 
GRID Autosport had it

It was said that GRID 2019 will get split screen in free patch. I just wonder when or if it is still actual. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I know which ones have it, as I have them all. As far as I understand it Codemasters promised split screen would be added post launch to GRID 2019. I'm wondering when, if ever that will happen?

GRID: No split screem but does have LAN multiplayer

GRID 2: Has 2 player split screen

GRID Autosport: Has 2 player split screen

Dirt 3: has 2 player split screen

Dirt 4: Dropped split screen, so no more Dirt games for me

GRID 2019: No split screen so far, bought because I'd read somewhere before releaae it would have split screen, since then I read split screen wold be added post release ..... Who knows....

Edited by mcfc4heatons
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, QikMik79 said:

Think you'll find split screen is a thing of the past, unless its something like Mario Kart. I don't remember the last game that had it.

Its a thing of a past if you like sitting in a roon your own ....

• Agree 1

Hi, i would also like to know when is split screen coming, it is "advertised" as a factor for buying this game so it should be delivered.

Hope that more people register and posts a comment like i did, maybe this way we can push the developer to deliver any information as it's been a month and no comments from their side...

It's been 6 months and no split screen, say something, current multiplayer is ... lacking in certain aspects, and it's not about the fact that people are not playing it, it's abut that there doesn't seem to be much do there and that makes people leave this title.

• Agree 1

On 2/6/2020 at 8:29 AM, Mrocz said:

It was said that GRID 2019 will get split screen in free patch. I just wonder when or if it is still actual. 

Yep, this. It was promised in an interview, and never ever mentioned again.

I don't wanna be that guy, but honestly it does not not seem that this game will get any further support past it's third season. I think what we got up to know, is the most they decided to deliver. They will keep their plans and DLC schedule... and after April, I think it might be it.

Chris, the past comunity managger, already moved to another proyect. That alone I think shows that Grid is no longer a priority por CM, and they will anounce something new soon, that most likely will override this game. Which of course, will be a sad thing...

1 hour ago, Leocp said:

I don't wanna be that guy, but honestly it does not not seem that this game will get any further support past it's third season.

No problem being that guy. I had similiar feeling about this before the game even launched if I remember correctly...

I was optimistic and supportive of CM when the game was first released, its been hard to remain so and this last few weeks broke me.

I hope CM prove us wrong but it seems the guys never played Autosport and just came up with the least viable product for release with the idea that if it sells well then it gets a lifeline.

This was the first game in franchise that i didn't pre-ordered. Not because I didn't like it, but because i knew it will be a big disappointment, I knew it after watching few gameplay videos , it was that obvious. Now I am positive 100% that I will never pre-order Codemasters game, never !

GRID games were all about great story and even more about great MULTIPLAYER and lot of features that were part of online experience.

Not the case here. Looks like this game was made for some other audience , it was rushed out and looks like it was made by new people, people who never played GRID games before. And fans of franchise didn't welcomed that. They never listened to the people before the game was released, after they hit the rock bottom (around 200 active players on Steam, I believe it's the same on consoles) , they now want to redeem themselves by adding most wanted features by community. If you want to know what were the most wanted features, you will find several threads about that.

It is little too late now, people moved on other games. I am afraid that they made a huge disaster, they lost so many fans and players with this mess of a game.
I am afraid they will ruin great team of SMS too...
I do hope that SMS help them make better racing games in future.

And to add to the subject of this thread, yes, there were promises before game release that they will add split screen feature sometimes later.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

You know, I have a very tiny theory.

The SMS studios thing is a rather new thing for us all, but most probably has been in talks for quite some time, and maybe even it happened way before they let us all know.

So maybe, just maybe, Grid was caught in the middle of all that and the game was kinda shafted during development, because most likely Proyect CARS will overwrite this series, TOCA, and all that. It will be CM's multi class racing game.

PC3 is most likely coming out this  very year, and so Codeasters will switch support from Grid to that one. Grid was just a place holder until that other game comes out. Either because they decided not to keep spending money/resources on it early on because they knew they would be working on PC3 some months later, or they just decided to launch a tiny game on 2019 to complete the cycle with F1 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0... although in that case, maybe it would have  been better to re release GAS like they did with the Nintendo Switch.

I don't know... just a small theory I have.

Edited by Leocp
  • Disagree 1

On 3/7/2020 at 5:54 PM, Leocp said:

Yep, this. It was promised in an interview, and never ever mentioned again.

I don't wanna be that guy, but honestly it does not not seem that this game will get any further support past it's third season. I think what we got up to know, is the most they decided to deliver. They will keep their plans and DLC schedule... and after April, I think it might be it.

Chris, the past comunity managger, already moved to another proyect. That alone I think shows that Grid is no longer a priority por CM, and they will anounce something new soon, that most likely will override this game. Which of course, will be a sad thing...

shot in the knee because the game is tailored to cool racing with son or a friend on one screen 😌 sad

For the record, I still think GRID 2019 is a really fun game, I love driving the MINIs, braking really late & flinging them round corners or sometimes setting damage to visual & driving like a maniac, the nemesis feature is cool too. Split screen with friends & family would be so much fun with this game.

The big issue was/is no split screen after seemingly it was promised. All the geeks keep telling us splitscreen is thing of the past, thats a problem to me & sends the wrong message to young people.

Project Cars is not a replacement for GRID, never will be.

• Agree 1

Still no update for the split screen multiplayer *** that’s misinformation from there part this was something that they promised racing with friends side by side  is the best part of console racing and the console experience in general I tried to come in touch with them on Twitter they don’t respond 😑

At this point in time, the game is on sale. I was hoping the split screen feature would be here by now, but I'm not biting on buying GRID until that feature is there.

Still no splitscreen for GRID? Seriously?  Racing game without splitscreen? LOL
Must be someone really stupid for not include that in a game like Grid. This game is useless for me and for lots of other people..

Have to say, once I got into it, I have really enjoyed this latest GRID game - it's just a real shame that I can play split screen with my sons/ I hope codemasters reverse this trend of removing split screen