Sign in to follow this  

Please release Dirt Rally on PS4!!!!!!!

I say no keep the kids stuff for consoles and the sims for pc as already said to much games went downhill because of consoles.Better make 2 seperate versions one for pc and a version for consoles everybody happy :)

@magicaldog
I'm sure of that altough there are also alot of older gamers that got lazy and went for the consoles (not me) ;).I'm realy happy codemasters gave us this gem and i sincerly wish more developers would do that look at tripwire they also make pc only games and you feel it instantly!!

wezel1977 said:
@magicaldog
I'm sure of that altough there are also alot of older gamers that got lazy and went for the consoles (not me) ;).I'm realy happy codemasters gave us this gem and i sincerly wish more developers would do that look at tripwire they also make pc only games and you feel it instantly!!
Once you go PC there is absolutely no going back to console land !

I know i never had something with consoles maybe in the eighties with my atari 2600 ;) but after that commodore 64 etc etc etc

I'm not against it just focus on this version first and finished and don't dumb the pc version down at all, do what you must for console ports.

I honestly can't believe so many people have voted no. Selfish or what? 

Im quite confident it will be release on PS4 & XB1 so that many more of my friends can buy and enjoy this game without the need of having to buy a new PC to play the game. 
It's a bit of an awkward question though. I don't particularly care if DR hits consoles, eventually. The problem I see is them trying to develop the game for two different systems at once. I think we all feel that we're clearly not at a finished product and it needs tweaking and additional content, which isn't easy to do for more than one platform at once. So do I want to see a console version in the immediate future? No. Do I care if there's one after a bulk of more development gets done? No, go for it.

FlakHound said:
I honestly can't believe so many people have voted no. Selfish or what? 

Im quite confident it will be release on PS4 & XB1 so that many more of my friends can buy and enjoy this game without the need of having to buy a new PC to play the game. 
It's a bit of an awkward question though. I don't particularly care if DR hits consoles, eventually. The problem I see is them trying to develop the game for two different systems at once. I think we all feel that we're clearly not at a finished product and it needs tweaking and additional content, which isn't easy to do for more than one platform at once. So do I want to see a console version in the immediate future? No. Do I care if there's one after a bulk of more development gets done? No, go for it.
That's why we have early access. The game wouldn't be ported to consoles until early access has finished at the end of this year anyway! Honestly can't see the problem.  

Some people with PCs seem to think they're better than people who only play games on consoles. 

@rallycameraman
I think the majority of us pc gamers overhere doesn't have anything against console players, only what bothers us is we got alot of bad console ports on pc and tbh consoles can never match a high end pc.And pc gamers are always used for certain new games first to test out and after that we get left behind with sequels of the newer games (dumbed down console ports) for years until something new comes out...

wezel1977 said:

@rallycameraman
I think the majority of us pc gamers overhere doesn't have anything against console players, only what bothers us is we got alot of bad console ports on pc and tbh consoles can never match a high end pc.And pc gamers are always used for certain new games first to test out and after that we get left behind with sequels of the newer games (dumbed down console ports) for years until something new comes out...
 So your talking on behalf of all the pc gamers on this forum?

wezel1977 said:
what bothers us is we got alot of bad console ports on pc and tbh consoles can never match a high end pc.And pc gamers are always used for certain new games first to test out and after that we get left behind with sequels of the newer games (dumbed down console ports) for years until something new comes out...
It is being designed as a pc game first and foremost, with the possibilty of a console port if enough people want it. The port would not affect the pc version in any way, shape or form. The consoles would be the ones to suffer with possible reduced FPS, downgraded resolution, missing aspects of the game, lack of modding capabilities.

Wow, I don't really get why people would vote No.

Right now DiRT Rally is developing through Early Access very nicely and we're a part of this. New content, perfected features and polish will make it an excellent rally sim driven by PC players.

If, at the end of the process, the team sees a big demand for this sim rally game then why not port it PS4/Xbox One and do a digital release?

I have no idea how much porting would cost, but releasing digitally would lower the distribution costs and the customers who really want will find a way to get it.

DiRT Rally is a great and authentic celebration of rally (and of hillclimb and rallycross) and will surely get lots of new people interested in these motorsports. It can do the same thing as Colin McRae Rally games have done.

For now the team is very clear that they're not doing anything on console releases - they're focused on improving DiRT Rally on PC this year. If they commit to console version development I doubt they'll want to change from what they've achieved through EAx (there would be no dumbing down...)

Keep calm and keep on helping making DiRT Rally better.

wezel1977 said:
what bothers us is we got alot of bad console ports on pc and tbh consoles can never match a high end pc.And pc gamers are always used for certain new games first to test out and after that we get left behind with sequels of the newer games (dumbed down console ports) for years until something new comes out...
It is being designed as a pc game first and foremost, with the possibilty of a console port if enough people want it. The port would not affect the pc version in any way, shape or form. The consoles would be the ones to suffer with possible reduced FPS, downgraded resolution, missing aspects of the game, lack of modding capabilities.

well consider me saying yes then for a console port;).

wezel1977 said:

@rallycameraman
 So your talking on behalf of all the pc gamers on this forum?

no not  on this forum more worldwide  ;) and i must admit like SkiddyMcCrash said is true.

Wow, I don't really get why people would vote No.

I think part of that is interpretation of the question being posed; there's not a lot of description in the first post so it's difficult to judge, but it looked like a request issued with a degree of urgency (due the exclamation marks maybe).

I watched Project CARS deviate from what I believed its original path was and make a lot of compromises once it was confirmed to be available on consoles too - that might not be 100% accurate, but it's certainly the impression I got.

So I'd say the poll has a fair question, but like so many of them there's not enough detail to make a completely informed decision (what compromises would need making, would it take development time from the PC version etc.) and therefore justifiable reasons for a 'no' vote in my book.

The people who voted no need to realise that we don't want it dumbed down or turned into an arcade game either, we want DiRT Rally!

Once it is completed and left early access on PC, why not port to the consoles? Is a win-win situation for all of us. 

PS4 would be great, as that's most likely the console I am going to buy at some point!

I have no issues with the game released on Xbox1 or Ps4.   In fact more money for Codemasters to keep themselves afloat.  But please..please do not develop the console version "alongside" the PC version.  PC version should cater to more of the sim crowd and the console version would need to be developed to cater towards more the casual crowd.  Please don't try to mix and match both because then everyone just comes out highly disappointed. 

PC can handle higher textures, higher car damage modeling, higher physics modeling, PC centric menus, PC centric keyboard bindings, PC centric modding abilities.  PC players want the Assetto Corsa of Rally games not the Gran Turismo of Rally games.

wezel1977 said:

@rallycameraman
You're assuming that if this isn't released on consoles then it will mean they can make it better on PC. I think it is more likely they will make it the same no matter what and scale down graphics for the consoles if necessary. It's not like this game is incredibly computationally expensive and the core physics would have to be downgraded to run on consoles. I know PCs offer better gaming than consoles in general, but that doesn't mean we should be afraid of consoles ruining our games, I think that is just speculation and hasn't happened nearly as often as people think. The issue is generally oversimplified games made for the mass audience, not PCs being held back by consoles hardware limitations. Consoles only hold back PC in computationally expensive things like AI or graphics, the money from the mass audience is what dumbs down games.

As I've previously said, I want the assetto corsa of rally games, just on Xbox one

I read some ware that they were thinking of porting Accetto Corsa to new gen consoles.

I'm surprised so many DONT want it on consoles, if enough people will buy it why not? It will mean more support for the game and more likely they will do sim again. I think it is a false assumption that you can't have sim with controller or on consoles.

PC gamers are a bit elitist sometimes and it annoys me. I much prefer my PC to consoles but many people don't want the hassle of learning about making a PC (yes some consider it a hassle), why shouldn't they enjoy as many games as possible too? Don't make the game for a different audience though, make it for console owners who want hardcore rally sim.
TOO<RIGHT hardcore like the old codies we all know and love!!! console gamers have just as much say as PC owners!!!