Sign in to follow this  

Please release Dirt Rally on PS4!!!!!!!

Yeah people seem to forget RBR is on consoles as well. Furthermore I cannot quite grasp why people even care what platforms the game is released for? How, exactly, does it affect anyone that someone has just as much fun as we do with this game, just because he or she is holding a controller instead of a wheel? Being in front of the TV instead of a computer screen? I seriously do not see the problem here.

Haha brilliant another one. It's a simulator, SIMULATOR! 

Typical gamers like me? I don't think you've seen my times on this game have you? ;) 

There's plenty of logic to try simulators on console, there's many steering wheels available to use on Ps4 and XB1 too. And no I don't have to respect anyone's opinion, particularly when I think it's pretty stupid. 
Yes, just like you : "ARCADE, POPCORN"... (there's from your coment...)
Plenty of logic? Sure? yes, that's why consoles have a lot of Simulators... oh WAIT! ... And again, Fantastic argument, is G25/G27 available to play on ps4? oh, let's try next, driving force GT? hum... Wireless xbox wheel for Xone? oh, again... Ah yes, the G29 for 400$ or thrustmaster T300 for +300$
(fanatec the same...)
No way, G29+ ps4+ Dirt rally ? =More than a Very Good PC And a good wheel like G27, and with "plenty" of games or Sims... 
Guy, i 
I saw your contributions in this forum and that's pretty good, but i think this Post beats you... For me that's all, think about your behavior in this post...
Salu2s!
Bye

xavivg said:

Typical gamers like me? I don't think you've seen my times on this game have you? ;) 

There's plenty of logic to try simulators on console, there's many steering wheels available to use on Ps4 and XB1 too. And no I don't have to respect anyone's opinion, particularly when I think it's pretty stupid. 
Plenty of logic? Sure? yes, that's why consoles have a lot of Simulators... oh WAIT! ... And again, Fantastic argument, is G25/G27 available to play on ps4? oh, let's try next, driving force GT? hum... Wireless xbox wheel for Xone? oh, again... Ah yes, the G29 for 400$ or thrustmaster T300 for +300$
(fanatec the same...)
No way, G29+ ps4+ Dirt rally ? =More than a Very Good PC And a good wheel like G27, and with "plenty" of games or Sims... 
Guy, i I saw your contributions in this forum and that's pretty good, but i think this Post beats you... For me that's all, think about your behavior in this post...
Salu2s!
Bye

So you think your post beats everyone else's post here? lol  Your just a troll!

Yeah people seem to forget RBR is on consoles as well. Furthermore I cannot quite grasp why people even care what platforms the game is released for? How, exactly, does it affect anyone that someone has just as much fun as we do with this game, just because he or she is holding a controller instead of a wheel? Being in front of the TV instead of a computer screen? I seriously do not see the problem here.
All that 'PC Master Race' BS you see from typical PC gamers like Xavivg. 

@xavivg And whilst you can't play with Logitech wheels on PS4 just yet, you will be able to very soon, so again your argument is

one more question for @xavivg Do you think DiRT Rally is Arcade and for Popcorn players?

xavivg said:

(fanatec the same...)
Guy, i I saw your contributions in this forum and that's pretty good, but i think this Post beats you... For me that's all, think about your behavior in this post...
Salu2s!
Bye

So you think your post beats everyone else's post here? lol  Your just a troll!
@couger1981  , really? God... when i said post i mean the Post "Please release dirt rally on ps4". That's not my post, it's my coment. I'm from Spain and my english it's not perfect (obviusly) ,but hey, i thimk you are so stupid if you really think what you writed there... really stupid... I think @Rallycameraman  understand it...

and @Rallycameraman  my argument is?.. For now there's no wheel of logitech to drive on PS4 (G29 in comming). and yeah! Pc master... You know all from me xD I have consoles, two...

I have more arguments to explain my opinion, like there's two more rally games in comming, and one of them have the oficial licence... 

I think now Dirt Rally it's a "Sim-Arcade" Depending the "combo" (track-car- conditions) look's more real and it's more difficult than other combo's. I want to see the new RBR, but i don't think DR will be hard like RBR. Will see in the nexts updates...

xavivg said:

I think now Dirt Rally it's a "Sim-Arcade" Depending the "combo" (track-car- conditions) look's more real and it's more difficult than other combo's. I want to see the new RBR, but i don't think DR will be hard like RBR. Will see in the nexts updates...

I was trying really hard to see that you're making partially valid points that there is not as much hardware for sim racing on consoles, that people who buy consoles do not do it mainly for simulation games and that making a console version of DiRT Rally may take the focus away from the PC version....

But then you came out with the usual  'but i don't think DR will be hard like RBR' misunderstanding that HARD = REAL .... That's just wrong...

I know for a fact that the main designer behind DiRT Rally ( KickUp) wanted to get this new game into the hands of PC players first since 2013. The team appreciates that in general PC crowd has a bigger interest in simulation games. On top of that they have the latest hardware, pushing out updates costs a lot less money and feedback can easily gathered.

I really don't understand why some forum members can't realise that there has to a bigger plan for DiRT and DiRT Rally? It's been a great success in Early Access on PC - it is very likely to be a big success on consoles, where there are customers who love simulation type games (pCARS, GT and others). Yes, it's a smaller proportion than PC customers, but the total number of potential sales is huge.

So please don't jump to conclusions than making DiRT Rally for consoles will take something away from PC. The team now has proof that the vision behind this game is great and they want to bring the same experience to console owners.

Consoles versions will not be made from scratch - they are likely to be ported. So while a part of the team ports the game consoles, another would work on expanding and adding to all 3 versions of the game.

Success for DiRT Rally on consoles will in the end bring more features and content to PC version - you'll see that I'm right.

xavivg said:

I was trying really hard to see that you're making partially valid points that there is not as much hardware for sim racing on consoles, that people who buy consoles do not do it mainly for simulation games and that making a console version of DiRT Rally may take the focus away from the PC version....

But then you came out with the usual  'but i don't think DR will be hard like RBR' misunderstanding that HARD = REAL .... That's just wrong...

I know for a fact that the main designer behind DiRT Rally ( KickUp) wanted to get this new game into the hands of PC players first since 2013. The team appreciates that in general PC crowd has a bigger interest in simulation games. On top of that they have the latest hardware, pushing out updates costs a lot less money and feedback can easily gathered.

I really don't understand why some forum members can't realise that there has to a bigger plan for DiRT and DiRT Rally? It's been a great success in Early Access on PC - it is very likely to be a big success on consoles, where there are customers who love simulation type games (pCARS, GT and others). Yes, it's a smaller proportion than PC customers, but the total number of potential sales is huge.

So please don't jump to conclusions than making DiRT Rally for consoles will take something away from PC. The team now has proof that the vision behind this game is great and they want to bring the same experience to console owners.

Consoles versions will not be made from scratch - they are likely to be ported. So while a part of the team ports the game consoles, another would work on expanding and adding to all 3 versions of the game.

Success for DiRT Rally on consoles will in the end bring more features and content to PC version - you'll see that I'm right.
 I Really hope you are right, more content is always welcome. And i know the diference between hard & real, but i never did a stage of rally so, I only can hope that Dirt Rally progress to the simulation and gives a very good rally experience. But for now my impresion is that needs to be little more dificult to be more awesome (IMHO, again). Anyway, DR is confirmed to consoles so, we will see what happens in nexts months, for now, have fun in PC and helps the devs to complete this game.

bye!

PD: why my last coment was edited ?  ""Post edited by SkiddyMcCrash at 1:41PM""

xavivg said:
 I Really hope you are right, more content is always welcome. And i know the diference between hard & real, but i never did a stage of rally so, I only can hope that Dirt Rally progress to the simulation and gives a very good rally experience. But for now my impresion is that needs to be little more dificult to be more awesome (IMHO, again). Anyway, DR is confirmed to consoles so, we will see what happens in nexts months, for now, have fun in PC and helps the devs to complete this game.

bye!

In my opinion it already gives a fantastic rally experience. Some small tweaks to grip values or other parameters will be done towards the end of the Early Access programme, but the game is already very authentic in my view and is great fun to drive. (especially when FFB is spot on)

DiRT Rally was not confirmed on consoles - this is only speculation and wishes of console owners. I suspect it will get released on XB1 and PS4, as it's a no brainer investment, but there were no official news.

xavivg said:
Because it was in Spanish, could have been misunderstood and inflamed the situation.

xavivg said:
Because it was in Spanish, could have been misunderstood and inflamed the situation.
I can't read Spanish anyway ;)

xavivg said:
Ok, i undestand it, sorry about that. 
And bing can't translate it spanish-english because it was in catalan (from catalunya). Anyway sorry about that.

xavivg said:
@couger1981  , really? God... when i said post i mean the Post "Please release dirt rally on ps4". That's not my post, it's my coment. I'm from Spain and my english it's not perfect (obviusly) ,but hey, i thimk you are so stupid if you really think what you writed there... really stupid... I think @Rallycameraman  understand it...

and @Rallycameraman  my argument is?.. For now there's no wheel of logitech to drive on PS4 (G29 in comming). and yeah! Pc master... You know all from me xD I have consoles, two...

I have more arguments to explain my opinion, like there's two more rally games in comming, and one of them have the oficial licence... 

I've been Project CARS on PS4 with my T300RS wheel just fine, it's a very good wheel. I also play Dirt Rally on PC with the same wheel.

If your argument is about controller options, then it's a dead argument. Also, have you looked at the Steam forums? Have you seen how many people are playing Dirt Rally with a keyboard? Does the fact that so many people play Dirt Rally with a keyboard suddenly make the PC version worthless? Of course not. Neither do the controller choices for consoles make a console game worthless.

xavivg said:

bye!

In my opinion it already gives a fantastic rally experience. Some small tweaks to grip values or other parameters will be done towards the end of the Early Access programme, but the game is already very authentic in my view and is great fun to drive. (especially when FFB is spot on)

DiRT Rally was not confirmed on consoles - this is only speculation and wishes of console owners. I suspect it will get released on XB1 and PS4, as it's a no brainer investment, but there were no official news.
Only thing close to console talk was when Paul mentioned consoles at the end of the videos  a while back.

Red Bull posted this interview with Codemasters creative director James Nicholls on Facebook today.

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331737836679/codemasters-studio-interview

"Codemasters has been fairly late to adopt the new consoles – will we see you embracing Xbox One and PS4 more in the future?
CM: We’ll definitely be embracing them a lot more, but I don’t think being late or being perceived to be being late is going to harm us. The install base is getting bigger and bigger, so when we do come in we’ll have a lot of people with the consoles in their homes, waiting for Codemasters games to play. I’m sure we’ll see that with F1 pretty imminently, and I think when we can get something like DiRT onto console, that will go great guns too."

Why are all you pc gamers so against it going to console? it wont affect your gameplay nor will your gameplay affect ours. Every one wants another rally car game and the dirt series is the one to do it. It's a business and if they only release it to pc the revenue will not be high at all because more people play console over pc. If they release it to everyone they will profit large and make everyone happy and keep a fan base.

I want Codies to get much more money for this masterpiece. Including DiRT Rally, Assetto Corsa and upcoming Gran Turismo 7 PS4 is gonna be excellent platform for sim racers.

I don't feel like reading all the comments, but I'd like to clear some things up.
1. Dirt rally is a Simulator, generally agreed correct? Good. Putting it on console WILL NOT suddenly turn it into Need for Speed or Burnout Paradise (Burnout is a great game though.)
2. Graphics. I'll just be blunt. They're not amazing, but neither are any other PC racing sims. Dirt Rally looks the best (Assetto Corsa, Rfactor, and iRacing all look TERRIBLE.) Project Cars looks decent, but not as amazing as everyone claims. The environments in Dirt Rally look good immediately next to the track, but the distant environment map starts to look like a blurry picture or painting, the car shaders are simply glossy materials, or so they seem, completely flat and even, Lighting is good, but not brilliant (no indirect bounce lighting or anything fancy) certain things should have normal maps that don't seem to, and others are a bit overdone and end up looking fake.
3. Anti-aliasing IS NOT GRAPHICS. So stop it.
4. IF Codemasters wants to make money, and being a business I'm betting they do, they'll release it on console. The consoles are so close to PC's that porting games is simple, as long as your not completely incompetent, like Batman.
5. YES PC's CAN BE MORE POWERFUL. However consoles are equivalent to a mid range PC, and a lot of people don't have super computers. I've spent about $1000 on mine, and could still upgrade more. A lot more. So stop it. $400 on a consoles a fair deal.
6.  The only possible change I could see is adding or simply changing the AI difficulty, which they should probably do anyways. This is a simulator, yes, but new players shouldn't have to be put off by the incredibly steep learning curve. say what you want about "You suck, get better," but this affects all systems and could put people off buying it, therefore not making money.
7. Just because PC gets some crappy ports by companies who don't know what they're doing, doesn't mean you have to be dicks about it and say consoles deserve crappy ports. Let's also point out that you can't use the mouse in the menus and must use some sort of D-Pad... controller/console style?

I would love someone to challenge my points and have a discussion about it.
On a side note, some guy above mentioned that buying a console with a wheel and the game is SOMEHOW more expensive than buying a PC with a wheel and the game. This makes no sense. He also shouldn't care since he clearly already owns a PC and a wheel.

xavivg said:
(fanatec the same...)
Guy, i 
I saw your contributions in this forum and that's pretty good, but i think this Post beats you... For me that's all, think about your behavior in this post...
Salu2s!
Bye

Alrighty, so where do I begin? Lets try,
1. No, the G25/27 do not work on the new systems, there are however as you mentioned, other wheels available. My Fanatec GT2 wheel works perfectly on the PS4 with Project Cars (I haven't tried it, but I know it's supported) In any case, if you already own a PC with a wheel, why would you care what the consoles have since you clearly don't need it, for a game you already own on PC. So that's completely irrelevant.

2. Cost is also not an issue, since you already own the G27 and a PC, so why do you care? The G29 and the Thrust**** are also better than the G27, slightly. the G29 is VERY similar and Thrust**** has piss poor quality control. However Thrust**** is now selling the TX system in a modular system, reducing the cost, and the Fanatec on PS4 is better than the G27 by a long shot and VERY dependable.

3.  The $400 G29 + $400 PS4 + $60 Dirt Rally does not equal the PC cost alone, much less including the wheel, and then the game. I've spent about $1000 on my PC and could still upgrade it quite a bit, and another $600 or so on the wheel setup, being the GT2 wheel, Clubsport Handbrake, V2 pedals, and sequential shifter. Add on top a $60 Dirt Rally, upon full release. So $860 /= $1660. Sure I could've bought the cheap G27, but I'm prepared to spend money on something I'll be using for hundreds of hours, and the Fanatec is actually incredible value for money.

4. Another point, while some people argue about Forza or Gran Turismo being a sim, and frankly I don't care, plenty of people play with a wheel, not to mention codemasters other games like F1 and other various racing games. By the way, have you ever even played Forza?

JZStudios said:

3.  The $400 G29 + $400 PS4 + $60 Dirt Rally does not equal the PC cost alone, much less including the wheel, and then the game. 
It's much simpler, you just buy adapter to be able to connect G27 to PS4 and have everything including FFB

Klogg4 said:
JZStudios said:

3.  The $400 G29 + $400 PS4 + $60 Dirt Rally does not equal the PC cost alone, much less including the wheel, and then the game. 
It's much simpler, you just buy adapter to be able to connect G27 to PS4 and have everything including FFB
Apparently according to Logitech that's only somewhat supported, but that's kind of ignoring the point. For someone new they'd still have to buy everything, not everyone has a G27. I went straight to Fanatec, since I'd already spent the same amount of money buying 2 terrible Thrustmaster wheels. Fortunately my wheel is also supported, but again, not the point. For my friend looking to get into it, he needs to spend a decent chunk of change to get a setup, and he'll probably spend around $2000 on just the full cockpit, excluding a PC. (that is of course if I convince him to get the Fanatec setup)

Arguriou said:

Clearly NO !!!

This is a serius SIM and not GTA !!!

We want the RBR-Killer and not the pop-corn game.

EXACTLY - RBR needs a proper succesor after so many years

I understand the early access version being PC-only, but after the game is finished CM should definitely release it on PS4 & X1. Releasing Dirt Rally on console won't affect the quality on the PC version in any way.

Get it released, it'l give the brand a cash injection that the PC version will never match