If there’s a DiRT Rally 3, what features do we want to see?

1 hour ago, RookieOne said:

Got a nice flash on there :

Auto-mapping of the real gearbox pattern used for each car, as to keep it as real as possible (real gearboxes pattern can be found in documents there : https://historicdb.fia.com/cars/list )

Also while we are at it, only make actual transmissions and differential ratios that were available according to VO and their erratums in the homologation documents

Nice.

I know 🙂

I had that flash while playing ETS2, SCS Soft did put basically an automapping option, where you just mapped the gears as normally, but then selected a pattern corresponding to your transmission.

I wonder if Codemasters could do something similar

• Agree 1

GENERAL

Random track generator OR a track editor

This is a big one. Dirt Rally has a special "advantage" - lack of official stages. That makes this series a perfect candidate for innovation in that regard.
Truth is, tracks are a consumable. At some point you learn them and they stop being surprising. If Dirt Rally 3 wants to avoid the plague of a comical amount of DLC tracks and two season passes, it should spend the time and effort to come up with a truly revolutionary random track generator. It can still have DLC, don't worry, but these can be of cars and countries, rather than tracks that we already know anyway. And you can support the game with dozen of seasons if you want, if the base game would be fulfilling by itself.

Better (worse?) co-driver

Sometimes realism comes with a detriment to the gameplay. Mr. Phil is very calm and pretty clear, which is quite realistic - he's a professional and he tries to keep the atmosphere in the car cool. However, to a player that might feel like he's just reading the pacenotes at a desk, completely unphased to what's going on around him.
We need a less professional co-driver, that does exactly the opposite - adds dramatism and nervousness to the experience. They should react when you drive off the road or hit stuff, they should ask if you're okay if you crash, they should change their voice tone in dangerous situations at high speeds. It might feel counter-intuitive, but it adds to the character of the game and makes it that much engaging.

Cuts and tire damage

As I have mentioned in a different thread, cuts aren't liked by anyone, neither the experienced players nor the newbies. However, you might never get to eliminate them - if you're too strict, the maps start to look goofy and limited, and some will slip past you anyway. As I have suggested, soft tires should take the most damage when driving off-road, up to a point of a flat. Slower, but harder tires should allow newbies to make a ton of mistakes and still get to the end in one piece.

Hardcore Damage

Seems that everyone's gripe with hardcore damage is that it's not really "hardcore". While this definitely needs to be fixed and improved, I would also like to see more types of damage - brake failure, gear failure and many others.

OFFLINE CHAMPIONSHIP

The basis of Dirt Rally (of any Rally game, really), is traversing the track from one end to another as fast as possible. What defines a game mode here is EVERYTHING ELSE. If there's nothing else distinguishing a game mode, it has no reason to exist - and that's the case with almost every mode in Dirt Rally.

Focus on Hardcore

It might be daunting to explain to Corporate that you'll focus on the players already playing your game, rather than making it easy and approachable, but here's the counter-argument: Dirt Rally now has a reputation to uphold, it's already known as "that game you're going to crash and burn in" among the casual population. The answer to a strong identification is not to distance yourself from it, but to lean in as hard as you can and meet the expectations.
What I mean by that is game balance. The game should be balanced for hardcore damage and no resets (including an auto-loss if you Alt+F4), and include additional features (such as random events). That does not mean you CAN'T turn these off, just that the game is made with the assumption that you'll eventually turn them on.

In-depth Team Management

Team Managements in DR1 and DR2 are extremely linear - you get more money, you upgrade your team members and that's it. In reality, it's not management, it's upgrades that get you closer to the "ideal" racing conditions.
Do I have suggestions in this matter? No. I realize the reason the system is so boring is because it's difficult to come up with something truly interesting. So I can just offer criticism of the system and hope you'll figure a way to make it better.

Sponsors and decal customization

It might seem pointless to include customization in a game where you never see your opponent's cars, but believe me - nobody REALLY sees your amazing decals in Need for Speed, yet people still apply them. Sponsors aren't just an addition to the management aspect - they should get angry when you trash the car with their logos on it, forcing you to drive more cleanly.

MULTIPLAYER

As in the previous section, each game mode has to feature something that differentiates it from the others - however, in the case of multiplayer in the current Dirt Rally titles, the issue is that there's nothing "multiplayer" about them. Every person on the leaderboard could be called "John Johnson" and it would change absolutely nothing about my experience with it. In a game where you're never interacting with other competitors, an extreme amount of attention should be put into creating that interaction though other venues.

Rank and ladder system

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/39258-overly-specific-description-of-a-possible-ranking-system/
I've already posted my idea for a ladder system a long time ago, but the recap is - five tiers, plus a "Legend" tier for the Top 100 players. Bracket players into small groups, so instead of finishing "289" and having no idea how good they actually are, they finish between 1-100 and can directly compare themselves to others. The goal here is feedback and interaction - a player has to see how good they are and how their skill increases with time.

In-depth breakdowns and the feeling of progress

Keeping with the theme of progress, currently the system produces one winner and hundreds of losers. You will always see a "red" bar on the left side of the screen, because you're compared against ONE score of ONE player that happened to go the fastest.
A player must be provided with a stat sheet of what they did right and what they did wrong. Even if they haven't won, was there a split they did particularly fast? You have to let them know.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Yaggings said:

GENERAL

Random track generator OR a track editor

This is a big one. Dirt Rally has a special "advantage" - lack of official stages. That makes this series a perfect candidate for innovation in that regard.
Truth is, tracks are a consumable. At some point you learn them and they stop being surprising. If Dirt Rally 3 wants to avoid the plague of a comical amount of DLC tracks and two season passes, it should spend the time and effort to come up with a truly revolutionary random track generator. It can still have DLC, don't worry, but these can be of cars and countries, rather than tracks that we already know anyway. And you can support the game with dozen of seasons if you want, if the base game would be fulfilling by itself.

Better (worse?) co-driver

Sometimes realism comes with a detriment to the gameplay. Mr. Phil is very calm and pretty clear, which is quite realistic - he's a professional and he tries to keep the atmosphere in the car cool. However, to a player that might feel like he's just reading the pacenotes at a desk, completely unphased to what's going on around him.
We need a less professional co-driver, that does exactly the opposite - adds dramatism and nervousness to the experience. They should react when you drive off the road or hit stuff, they should ask if you're okay if you crash, they should change their voice tone in dangerous situations at high speeds. It might feel counter-intuitive, but it adds to the character of the game and makes it that much engaging.

Cuts and tire damage

As I have mentioned in a different thread, cuts aren't liked by anyone, neither the experienced players nor the newbies. However, you might never get to eliminate them - if you're too strict, the maps start to look goofy and limited, and some will slip past you anyway. As I have suggested, soft tires should take the most damage when driving off-road, up to a point of a flat. Slower, but harder tires should allow newbies to make a ton of mistakes and still get to the end in one piece.

Hardcore Damage

Seems that everyone's gripe with hardcore damage is that it's not really "hardcore". While this definitely needs to be fixed and improved, I would also like to see more types of damage - brake failure, gear failure and many others.

OFFLINE CHAMPIONSHIP

The basis of Dirt Rally (of any Rally game, really), is traversing the track from one end to another as fast as possible. What defines a game mode here is EVERYTHING ELSE. If there's nothing else distinguishing a game mode, it has no reason to exist - and that's the case with almost every mode in Dirt Rally.

Focus on Hardcore

It might be daunting to explain to Corporate that you'll focus on the players already playing your game, rather than making it easy and approachable, but here's the counter-argument: Dirt Rally now has a reputation to uphold, it's already known as "that game you're going to crash and burn in" among the casual population. The answer to a strong identification is not to distance yourself from it, but to lean in as hard as you can and meet the expectations.
What I mean by that is game balance. The game should be balanced for hardcore damage and no resets (including an auto-loss if you Alt+F4), and include additional features (such as random events). That does not mean you CAN'T turn these off, just that the game is made with the assumption that you'll eventually turn them on.

In-depth Team Management

Team Managements in DR1 and DR2 are extremely linear - you get more money, you upgrade your team members and that's it. In reality, it's not management, it's upgrades that get you closer to the "ideal" racing conditions.
Do I have suggestions in this matter? No. I realize the reason the system is so boring is because it's difficult to come up with something truly interesting. So I can just offer criticism of the system and hope you'll figure a way to make it better.

Sponsors and decal customization

It might seem pointless to include customization in a game where you never see your opponent's cars, but believe me - nobody REALLY sees your amazing decals in Need for Speed, yet people still apply them. Sponsors aren't just an addition to the management aspect - they should get angry when you trash the car with their logos on it, forcing you to drive more cleanly.

MULTIPLAYER

As in the previous section, each game mode has to feature something that differentiates it from the others - however, in the case of multiplayer in the current Dirt Rally titles, the issue is that there's nothing "multiplayer" about them. Every person on the leaderboard could be called "John Johnson" and it would change absolutely nothing about my experience with it. In a game where you're never interacting with other competitors, an extreme amount of attention should be put into creating that interaction though other venues.

Rank and ladder system

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/39258-overly-specific-description-of-a-possible-ranking-system/
I've already posted my idea for a ladder system a long time ago, but the recap is - five tiers, plus a "Legend" tier for the Top 100 players. Bracket players into small groups, so instead of finishing "289" and having no idea how good they actually are, they finish between 1-100 and can directly compare themselves to others. The goal here is feedback and interaction - a player has to see how good they are and how their skill increases with time.

In-depth breakdowns and the feeling of progress

Keeping with the theme of progress, currently the system produces one winner and hundreds of losers. You will always see a "red" bar on the left side of the screen, because you're compared against ONE score of ONE player that happened to go the fastest.
A player must be provided with a stat sheet of what they did right and what they did wrong. Even if they haven't won, was there a split they did particularly fast? You have to let them know.

Huge NO to track generator. It supposes to be 'DiRT Rally 3', not 'DiRT 5'. The problem with stages is that there are up to 6 unique stages on each location, which makes driving on stages a little bit repetetive. The solution should look in different way. They should make stages way more varied. What is more, in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' there is too few features like big jumps, water splashes, long straights, uphills, downhills, which could make stages more varied. If they make stages like that and they are long, then there is no way to learn 120-144 different stages by heart. Provided that you have got great memory. But track generator is the thing 99% of us don't want.

When it comes to co-driver, Phil Mills should be replaced with Nicky Grist. Also he should sound like he was talking to you through the microphone, not like he was talking to you face to face. Till today I wonder how could they record him like that. Compare the co-driver in 'DiRT Rally' with the one in 'DiRT Rally 2.0'.

The rest could be OK.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Huge NO to track generator. It supposes to be 'DiRT Rally 3', not 'DiRT 5'. The problem with stages is that there are up to 6 unique stages on each location, which makes driving on stages a little bit repetetive. The solution should look in different way. They should make stages way more varied. What is more, in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' there is too few features like big jumps, water splashes, long straights, uphills, downhills, which could make stages more varied. If they make stages like that and they are long, then there is no way to learn 120-144 different stages by heart. Provided that you have got great memory. But track generator is the thing 99% of us don't want.

You should realize that there have been random track generators - in Rally games - as early as PlayStation 1. Even back then the designers knew, that having a set selection of stages puts a huge clock of waning relevance on the game, because you don't even have other cars to make each run unique. Just because there's ONE game that did it poorly, does not mean it cannot be done right - I mean, the best selling game of all times is procedurally generated.

I would argue that the tracks are varied enough, but if you want longer stages, then you'll just get less of them. There's a limit to how many tracks a studio with a set budget can pump out and it's not "impossible" to be bored with even a hundred stages - which will never happen anyway.

And no, you are not "99%". There's already been a bunch of posts suggesting random stages or a stage editor. People would like to have that option at least along with hand-crafted stages.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Yaggings said:

You should realize that there have been random track generators - in Rally games - as early as PlayStation 1. Even back then the designers knew, that having a set selection of stages puts a huge clock of waning relevance on the game, because you don't even have other cars to make each run unique. Just because there's ONE game that did it poorly, does not mean it cannot be done right - I mean, the best selling game of all times is procedurally generated.

I would argue that the tracks are varied enough, but if you want longer stages, then you'll just get less of them. There's a limit to how many tracks a studio with a set budget can pump out and it's not "impossible" to be bored with even a hundred stages - which will never happen anyway.

And no, you are not "99%". There's already been a bunch of posts suggesting random stages or a stage editor. People would like to have that option at least along with hand-crafted stages.

You should realise that Your St4ge was bad choice and 'DiRT 4' was kick in the balls for those, who enjoyed 'DiRT Rally' and probably expected 'DiRT Rally 2'. If it was appreciated, we would probably already got another DiRT game with something like that. Instead of this, we have got 'DiRT Rally 2.0' because that is what most of us wanted. 'DiRT Rally' was much more successful than poor 'DiRT 4'.

Also longer stages haven't really got to mean that we will receive less stages in general. Besides, there hasn't got to be many of such rally marathons. Just few and it is OK. What is more important from the stage lenght is its complexity. It is not impossible to create a location of 12 stages, in which more than a half will be unique.

7 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

You should realise that Your St4ge was bad choice and 'DiRT 4' was kick in the balls for those, who enjoyed 'DiRT Rally' and probably expected 'DiRT Rally 2'. If it was appreciated, we would probably already got another DiRT game with something like that. Instead of this, we have got 'DiRT Rally 2.0' because that is what most of us wanted. 'DiRT Rally' was much more successful than poor 'DiRT 4'. 

Yet again, you are not responding to what I've actually written, but to the imaginary argument you've made up in your head. I have stated clearly - just because Dirt 4 was a failure, does not mean every random stage system is a failure. That's like saying every Alien game will always be bad, because Alien: Colonial Marines exists.

7 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Also longer stages haven't really got to mean that we will receive less stages in general. Besides, there hasn't got to be many of such rally marathons. Just few and it is OK. What is more important from the stage lenght is its complexity. It is not impossible to create a location of 12 stages, in which more than a half will be unique.

I really don't think level designers from Codies believe it's a good idea to have a stage with tons of large jumps, water splashes, extreme turns and elevation changes, because at some point it'll look silly. Most of the stages have one or two "extreme" moments that keeps them memorable and unique. It's logically impossible to make everything stand out.
Regardless, I would argue that Dirt Rally 2 with all DLCs has around the amount of stages that you would expect from Dirt Rally 3 (and you'll probably get less). And if you're really into this game, you can consume them extremely quick.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, Yaggings said:

Yet again, you are not responding to what I've actually written, but to the imaginary argument you've made up in your head. I have stated clearly - just because Dirt 4 was a failure, does not mean every random stage system is a failure. That's like saying every Alien game will always be bad, because Alien: Colonial Marines exists.

I really don't think level designers from Codies believe it's a good idea to have a stage with tons of large jumps, water splashes, extreme turns and elevation changes, because at some point it'll look silly. Most of the stages have one or two "extreme" moments that keeps them memorable and unique. It's logically impossible to make everything stand out.
Regardless, I would argue that Dirt Rally 2 with all DLCs has around the amount of stages that you would expect from Dirt Rally 3 (and you'll probably get less). And if you're really into this game, you can consume them extremely quick.

Ok, so you still don't understand me and you think like 'everything or nothing'. Such features like big jumps, water splashes, etc. could be put in 2-3 stages and not necessarily all in one. Do you think that Colin McRae was called 'Flying Scott' because he used to fly with his plane through Scotland? No, it is because he used to accelerate before jump and he was literally flying with his car. That is what we could experience in games from 'Colin McRae Rally' series and what is missing nowadays. The same is about water splashes and similar elements of the stage.

random track generator done right could be okay...but yourstage wasnt okay and i dont think its had enough time into it yet to be implemented back yet. in dirt 4 there was hardly any bad bends and a lot of the same corners. as a addition if done right yes add it in the next game if its 100 percent right but never as the main choice or no choice as sorry as it is to say this real life stages are better than any made up stage.

im really hoping in the next game we get places like corsica , japan , manx. we need more locations and new locations.

• Like 2

You know, I would be ok with fictional stages you know, as long as they are made like what we have IRL

Just now, RookieOne said:

You know, I would be ok with fictional stages you know, as long as they are made like what we have IRL

New England is technically a fictional stage. It is based on roads around DirtFish, but the real roads do not link up like they do in game. And you know what? NE is one of my favorite locations of DR2. Fictional stages based on real life locations to get the "feel" correct could potentially be the best stages in the entire game.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

Yep, that's why I would be happy with them.

The main issue with stages from before DiRT Rally, was that they were "too perfect", too easy to finish, not too hard to complete.

In comparison, in DiRT Rally and DiRT Rally 2.0, the real stages are "imperfect", by that I mean that corners do not have clear apex, often bring road camber changes that are traitorous, or where you have jumps that hide a slow corner. This is what rallying is about.

Hell, if they bring Kenya in the next game, I want to get roads that are basically bush trails just wide enough for the biggest cars to go through, hole that transform in litterals mud bath if it get wets and where you have to literally fight with the car to stay in the right direction, at least ONE full size river that you have to cross as fast as possible, small bridges that have no protections on either side and cars that have special modifications just for that rally (including spotlights on the mirrors and bull bars) .

Edited by RookieOne
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, RookieOne said:

Yep, that's why I would be happy with them.

The main issue with stages from before DiRT Rally, was that they were "too perfect", too easy to finish, not too hard to complete.

In comparison, in DiRT Rally and DiRT Rally 2.0, the real stages are "imperfect", by that I mean that corners do not have clear apex, often bring road camber changes that are traitorous, or where you have jumps that hide a slow corner. This is what rallying is about.

Hell, if they bring Kenya in the next game, I want to get roads that are basically bush trails just wide enough for the biggest cars to go through, hole that transform in litterals mud bath if it get wets and where you have to literally fight with the car to stay in the right direction, at least ONE full size river that you have to cross as fast as possible, small bridges that have no protections on either side and cars that have special modifications just for that rally (including spotlights on the mirrors and bull bars) .

I hope that they will add Kenya. It is one of missing locations for 10 years. 'Rally around the globe' as it was said in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' is a lie. We haven't got rally locations in the whole 2 continents, Africa (Kenya) and Asia (Japan, China maybe?). When was the last time we competed in Japan rally? 14 years ago in 'Colin McRae DiRT'? I think so.

Wish these countries were back.

It would be nice to have an extra stage in each country but in a different area:

• Germany 
    • Panzerplatte (DR2)
    • Vineyards (New)
  • Monte Carlo 
    • Col de Turini (DR2)
    • 1 new tarmac stage in lower areas
  • Argentina 
    • El Condor (DR2)
    • 1 new stage in lower areas with 4 water splashes (I don't remember the stage name IRL)
  • Spain:
    • La Figuera (DR2)
    • 1 new stage with mixed surface or a narrow tarmac stage
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

I hope that they will add Kenya. It is one of missing locations for 10 years.

I've honestly been ok with not having Kenya just because I don't think the current games can do it justice. Kenya is brutal. It is long, hot as hell, and just destroys cars. Let's put it into perspective:

From that edition until 2002, it featured over 1000 km of timed stages, with stages well over 60 kilometres (37 mi) long, unlike most rallies which had under 500 kilometres (310 mi) of total timed distance. This meant that the winner's total time was above 12 hours in 1996 and decreased to two seconds shy of 8 hours in 2002

60km stages. That is the equivalent of driving the entirety of New England is a single go. That is goddamn insane. AND I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF IT. The roads were also extremely punishing, and I don't think our current damage models really can let us appreciate it. Not just damaging the car more overall, but I think we need to see a lot more granular damage too. I want to see specific cars being prone to front end spring damage due to design, I want to see gearboxes getting stuck from abuse and thrashing them, I want component malfunctions due to the stress and heat of Africa. You can't appreciate how daunting of a task the Safari Rally is without these things.

---

wanted to add on @Yaggings idea for a ladder system is exactly what we need and I know some people have touched on it before. It's not hard, you have your 5 major "tiers" like any normal MMR system - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Masters, and a special top 100 "Legendary" or something if you really want it but you also include minor-tiers; 1-5 so you end up with people being ranked "Gold 3" or "Silver 2". The key though is to then subdivide these groups somewhat arbitrarily; you want to make groupings of 50 or 100 drivers all within that same tier. So you end up a "mini league" essentially of drivers all ranked (as an example) between Silver 5 and Silver 1.

To get promoted into the next major-tier, you need to finish in the top % of your Silver 1 tier or something; we can figure out the exact details later for cutoffs. If you finish in that top % you become Gold 5 and in the next ingame "season" you are grouped with Gold drivers instead of silver.

Boom, you have created rivalries and most importantly, tangible goals and achievements for drivers.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, RGgiac said:

It would be nice to have an extra stage in each country but in a different area:

• Germany 
    • Panzerplatte (DR2)
    • Vineyards (New)
  • Monte Carlo 
    • Col de Turini (DR2)
    • 1 new tarmac stage in lower areas
  • Argentina 
    • El Condor (DR2)
    • 1 new stage in lower areas with 4 water splashes (I don't remember the stage name IRL)
  • Spain:
    • La Figuera (DR2)
    • 1 new stage with mixed surface or a narrow tarmac stage

yeah they really need to add a different area for each location they use in the next game. this is something that WRC 8 does and it's one of the things i like the most about the game. Even though they're aren't that many stages per rally location in WRC 8, the two different areas still make it feel like you're driving a full rally rather than just a small bit of it like in DR2.0. 

Co-driver: I think Seb Marshall would be great, and his voice should translate to a videogame well. Very clear and fairly neutral accent. We all love Nicky Grist but would love to see a more recent WRC codriver in the game:

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

I've honestly been ok with not having Kenya just because I don't think the current games can do it justice. Kenya is brutal. It is long, hot as hell, and just destroys cars. Let's put it into perspective:

60km stages. That is the equivalent of driving the entirety of New England is a single go. That is goddamn insane. AND I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF IT. The roads were also extremely punishing, and I don't think our current damage models really can let us appreciate it. Not just damaging the car more overall, but I think we need to see a lot more granular damage too. I want to see specific cars being prone to front end spring damage due to design, I want to see gearboxes getting stuck from abuse and thrashing them, I want component malfunctions due to the stress and heat of Africa. You can't appreciate how daunting of a task the Safari Rally is without these things.

---

wanted to add on @Yaggings idea for a ladder system is exactly what we need and I know some people have touched on it before. It's not hard, you have your 5 major "tiers" like any normal MMR system - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Masters, and a special top 100 "Legendary" or something if you really want it but you also include minor-tiers; 1-5 so you end up with people being ranked "Gold 3" or "Silver 2". The key though is to then subdivide these groups somewhat arbitrarily; you want to make groupings of 50 or 100 drivers all within that same tier. So you end up a "mini league" essentially of drivers all ranked (as an example) between Silver 5 and Silver 1.

To get promoted into the next major-tier, you need to finish in the top % of your Silver 1 tier or something; we can figure out the exact details later for cutoffs. If you finish in that top % you become Gold 5 and in the next ingame "season" you are grouped with Gold drivers instead of silver.

Boom, you have created rivalries and most importantly, tangible goals and achievements for drivers.

Stages in Kenya haven't got to be long. There was no problem with adding Kenya in 'Colin McRae Rally 2.0' and later on in 'DiRT 3'. Besides, not even one stage is reproduced 1:1. Stages would be too long then. And when it comes to damage, yeah, it should be done better. I think of adding Kenya to well done game, not some ****.

2 hours ago, RookieOne said:

I still want stuff like this :
2867.jpg

Hmm. Isn't it this Subaru, which will be added with FlatOut Pack on 24th of March?

2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

Co-driver: I think Seb Marshall would be great, and his voice should translate to a videogame well. Very clear and fairly neutral accent. We all love Nicky Grist but would love to see a more recent WRC codriver in the game:

Couldn't they just add more than one co-driver including Nicky Grist?

4 hours ago, RookieOne said:

I still want stuff like this :
2867.jpg

1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Hmm. Isn't it this Subaru, which will be added with FlatOut Pack on 24th of March?

That's the '99

We're getting the '98

22 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

That's the '99

We're getting the '98

When it comes to cars, it would be great if in 'DiRT Rally 3' there were Colin McRae cars, which haven't been to previous DiRT Rally games (actually DR1 and DR2.0) such as Citroen Xsara, Subaru Impreza from Xgames, etc. I had already mentioned it in my project, which I created more than half a year ago.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

I'm quite satisfied with the selection of cars we have. Obviously every addition is welcome but we do have a lot of cars from a lot of eras.

At the same time I'm not quite sure what I'd want from DR3. There's been some great suggestions made in the thread already especially regarding gameplay, multiplayer and user interface.

Just whatever you do don't ruin the driving model. There's areas of it that require improvement but you guys got it 90% nailed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chukonu said:

I'm quite satisfied with the selection of cars we have. Obviously every addition is welcome but we do have a lot of cars from a lot of eras.

At the same time I'm not quite sure what I'd want from DR3. There's been some great suggestions made in the thread already especially regarding gameplay, multiplayer and user interface.

Just whatever you do don't ruin the driving model. There's areas of it that require improvement but you guys got it 90% nailed.

They will ruin the driving model if they make it like in 'DiRT Rally 2.0'.

Yes, I meant 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. My finger must have slipped while typing.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

That's the '99

We're getting the '98

I was talking about the safari modifications more than the car itself

• Agree 1