What do we want from DiRT Rally 3 (if there's going to be one)?

On 2/25/2020 at 3:18 PM, Janneman60 said:

I very disagree the wheather physics are fine. They are way off. Driving in cockpit view and heavy rain is much to difficult and with VR you cannot see anything throughvthe side windows which is compkete unrealistic.

The difference between cockpit view and for instance bonnet cam is with this physics so large that bonnet is the only option to go fast and that is just wrong.

Easy fix, no more exterior camsĀ  šŸ˜„Ā  (okay side window visibility AFAIK is useful IRL in most instances except when the drivers cover the side windows with mud, so I generally agree with this)

Edited by bn880

I hope Codies find a proper way to handle DLC cars... shame on them now we can't make custom liveries for DLC cars. Even a 037 which was presented in Dirt 4 before without any kind of encryption
Not hard to check Steam ifĀ  a user already bought and own a car or not, more interesting they should just pick up .PSSG files with textures only,Ā  so i can't accept this kind of argument.

Let's see which kind of liveries has been released for Focus 2001? And one and only for S1 Quattro?
We want to create custom liveries for all the cars in the game without exception.

Let users open/close doors and roof / trunk in the service park
+1 vote for Photo mode.

• Agree 5

The #1 thing I'd want for (any) future Codemasters games is that they stop throwing out the content they already had. It can't be that resources are used to develop content, and then when the next game comes around it's thrown out on our expense. Sequels need to improve upon their predecessors, not just streamline them. Keep already existing content and add on top of that.

Instead of getting rid of the old, come up with a good way to monetize the game post-launch.

Another thing I'd like to see is having dynamic conditions for every stage. A modern game doesn't have to be open-world to feature dynamic time and weather cycles.

Now, with a great variety of both new and existing content together with dynamic conditions, it only makes sense to also implement a powerful photo mode to the game. Preferably one like The Crew 2 or the likes, where you can change time and weather, headlights and drivers, add or remove filters and logos, and upload them to Racenet for the public to see (which would finally give Racenet a purpose besides binding singleplayer content to a possibly non-existent internet connection).

• Agree 3

Dynamic time and weather seem pointless on 10 minute stages. It was not immersive in D4 for example.

• Agree 1

20km+ stages would be nice to have again like 1995 RAC Rally Championship & Mobil 1 Rally Championship 2000 had.

• Agree 3

The option to turn of rain and nigth in singel player campain. Playing in VR at nigth with rain is borderline broken and just NO fun at all. Makes me wanna skip the sigel playeršŸ˜„

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this is possible, and I doubt it's likely, but I figure getting the European Rally Championship license for DR 3.0 might not be a bad idea:

1. there seems to be a lot of fans of this championship who play DR2,Ā given the number of user-made liveries from it that pop up on racedepartment, and the number of people who ask for more tarmac locations (4 out of the 8 ERC rallies were/are tarmac in the 2019 and 2020 schedules, and historically it seems to have aroundĀ 45-85% tarmac locations).
  2. one of the locations (Poland) is already in the game, and it's a good one (ok, most of them are good)
  3. two locations actually, if you count Greece (which was in the ERC 2014-2018, though I don't know if these specific stages were used).*
  4. the ERC's top tier of cars is R5, which is probably the most popular class in the game
  5. there's a ton of entries = lots of livery lasciviousness

*[three if you count Spain, though the roads in DR2 are inĀ the wrong part of the country. and and and Croatia used to be in the ERC, and it was in Dirt 2]

just an idea. so yeah. discuss.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I want to have more Filter Options in the Leaderboards. At the moment you can only choose Global and Friends, it would be niceĀ  to sort it by Continent and Country, also want to sort the shift Mode(automatic and manuall)

And another reward System that motivates to play the Career Mode. Like getting Cars for winning or finishing, Cars that you only can get this way and can't buy them.

Edited by hampti
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

My suggestions:

1) Stages/locations - would like to see two parts to each location rather than just one part cut up. WRC 8 actually does this really well, and it adds a lot of variety to the locations. In DR2.0 for example you just have El Condor in Argentina and not the flat bits at the bottom. So some of the locations get very repetitive and it can be difficult to even tell the stages apart. Some of them like Greece and New Zealand are not so bad (NZ has the forest sections, and also more open sections), but others get quite repetitive (Argentina and Monaco, for example).

Also another snow rally in addition to or instead of Sweden. I love Sweden but it's been in the last two games now. How about adding the Sno Drift rally?

2) Codriver - mentioned this before but would like Seb Marshall (Kris Meeke's codriver) in. Would be nice to have a more recent WRC codriver in the game and his voice is pretty good. Also an option to choose between 'normal' calls (or whatever you want to call it) and 'detailed' calls, where detailed calls would have things like plus and minus and all the other things that WRC codrivers usually use.

3) Cars - as someone else mentioned, would like to see a fantasy category with 380hp 4wd cars with body kits like the current WRC cars. Just call it CM Rally or Group C (for Codemasters, geddit?) or something. I think Gran Turismo Sport does a similar thing with some of the rally cars in there. Also one or two more NR4 cars. The NR4 class is a bit limited at the moment with just two cars. Nothing else to add really with regards to the car selection.

4) More times of day added

5) Rallycross - add tire choice in. Used/new.Ā 

6) Community events - if there's going to be DLC in a Dirt Rally 3 I think there really needs to be better incorporation of the DLC into the community events. Maybe one way to go about this is to maybe just split the community events into two completely different sections - 'Regular' and 'DLC'. For example, at the moment there are no AI challenges for the DLC cars and locations, and being able to use the DLC is basically dependent on what shows up in the few 'bonus' events. DLC basically makes up 50% of the current game but seems to have far less than 50% representation in the community events.

Those are the main things I can think of for now. Will add more if anything else practical comes to mind.

• Agree 2

Having been playing the Flat Out pack non stop since I got it Iā€™d like to make another suggestion for this thread:

More Scenario game modes. The Colin McRae game mode is actually way better than I was expecting - it gives you the opportunity to have a taste of someoneā€™s career highlights when you donā€™t have the attention span to do an epic 12-stage, 12-round rally championship.

Maybe, in addition to a return of the Colin McRae mode, we could have a Richard Burns mode if it were released in time for the 30th anniversary of his British Rally Championship win? (In time for the 20th anniversary of his World title is definitely out of the question).

Maybe also some scenarios based around something else other than a driver - Group B and/or Group A scenarios?

All of these of course would need to go with a history lesson and some appropriate in-period video clips!

• Agree 1

I want them to stop running courses 30 times, and then using the data to find the most annoying place to put logs and rocks.