DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

What features do we want to see in a future DIRT Rally game?

5 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Many players need more motivation than simply "here is a car, go drive" 😉 

Maybe they don't actually like driving, or they would like it more if the physics were better? 😉

As long as it's not at the expense of realism I don't mind fleshing out other game modes. I hope, however, that you don't do an SMS. They downgraded their game and tried to make it more "fun", I suppose because racing wasn't fun to them, and it turned out to be an utter failure. I would hate to see the same thing happen to DR.

2 minutes ago, Gregow said:

I hope, however, that you don't do an SMS. They downgraded their game and tried to make it more "fun"

You need not worry about that.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Gregow said:

Maybe they don't actually like driving, or they would like it more if the physics were better? 😉

Disagree, you're not grasping the market and people.  I love driving and handling, realism to the max including damage, broken steering, suspension bits, leaking coolant etc.  But the game would be pretty ***** if it only had sandbox mode and a timer.  The sim part is a foundation for the game, the actual game becomes the campaign, online components incl TT, customizations, achievements etc  etc.   You're looking at this from a very limited user perspective.

• Agree 3

yes true @bn880 , i want real damage car model, hardcore mode on Dr 2.0 is bad , and how is possible to drive with very hard setup and you drive easily on off-road part ( finland australia ....) same for the brake when player drive only front brake but he have never problem with brake. exemple on PCars 2 if you drive with only front brake your car have problem ( hot brake you have bad effect on braking ...)  , if you drive with very hard setup on bumpy road you have very bad effect when you driving , if  you push your motor in max, the motor have problem ....  

personally i want really damage for DR3 

for info i drive in brutal  mode on PCars 2 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, gk9147 said:

yes true @bn880 , i want real damage car model, hardcore mode on Dr 2.0 is bad , and how is possible to drive with very hard setup and you drive easily on off-road part ( finland australia ....) same for the brake when player drive only front brake but he have never problem with brake. exemple on PCars 2 if you drive with only front brake your car have problem ( hot brake you have bad effect on braking ...)  , if you drive with very hard setup on bumpy road you have very bad effect when you driving , if  you push your motor in max, the motor have problem ....  

personally i want really damage for DR3 

for info i drive in brutal  mode on PCars 2 😉

More less yes I agree.  I think DR2 has a few of these things with hard/low suspension, but it's not extremely apparent, it just degrades the suspension faster I believe.  Meanwhile a lot of the huge jumps should do serious damage to the classic cars on landing IMHO.

Definitely no problems with overheating brakes in DR, no issues with abusing/over revving the engine, etc as you mention.  I do hope these things are improved. (and please give us engine coolant temperature readouts 😛 )

Edited by bn880
  • Like 2

I've only been playing Rallycross whilst I learn each circuit to whatever my limit is at that time.  Some things that I'd like to see adjusted or explored.  No doubt everything I say will have been mentioned numerous times and I haven't explored online much.  I had a quick look but only saw handful online on xbox which I get is the smaller platform.

Rally 'School'
Some actual schooling/tips/something to make this feature more than just me doing the same things over and over with no idea of what I'm doing wrong.  Even if it's just the ability to add a P2 in their own car that I can watch from their view or by following in my car.
Multiplayer 'freeroam' on circuits in a similar mode for learning.

An extra level above very hard AI and an option to adjust aggression especially at the 1st turn.

Replays -
A little more control on cameras.  Such as when selecting broadcast cameras and it keeps switching to the A pillar looking towards the rear.  Can't see the point in these at all really.  I'm just learning Barcelona and trying to see what I do going into the gravel and right turn but it kept switching to that camera 3/4 times if not every time.  Then it'll switch to the other side so I can't see how I can improve at the jump.  Being able to orbit around the car would also help I think.  Plus it would help creators with screenshots.  Annoying when you've had a great race with some nice overtakes and watch the replay but can't see any of them unless in cockpit/chase cam which doesn't give much in terms of a change in perspective.
Why no heli cam in RX?  Would be great to see an overhead view of lines taken and distance gained/lost.  How far from obstacles/apexes

Time Trial -
Allow sessions with option to turn off all damage with no time/lap limit and no 3 sec wrong way disqualification but which doesn't record times.  Or just turning off punctures would help.

Is the game mode restricted by license?  ie like ACC, F1?  Just thinking, like others, I like the physics, I like that it's hard but I wonder if there could be more options for customising races or having extra tracks for national series and some form of improved career path.  Even if it's just for the new consoles/PC.  

Edited by MauriceMiller

i want to see painstakingly done and revised pace notes.

both DR1 and DR2 are unplayable at the elite level because of the messed up co-driver calls.

well, unless you know every turn by heart.