DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

What features do we want to see in a future DIRT Rally game?

- Much more detailed filtering on leaderboards. Per car class, per car, per nationality etc etc. Look how Raceroom does it. 

- Let us set steering rotation in the setup for each car. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I've definitely mentioned something like this in a similar thread before, but I would love to see more use of open spaces such as Dirtfish, or even of the RX tracks to make single venue short stage events, or even super-special stages. Single-venue rallying is quite popular in the UK, with one area being used for a whole event and the route being changed using obstacles, cones, bales, pylons etc. Basically a less whacky version of the Time challenges at Dirtfish from Dirt 4, but with pace notes etc. I always found those events to be really fun. Rallycross circuits, along with the paddock area etc could be used to make numerous short stages. 

Just seems like a good way to bring in more stages and events with less drain on resources.

I see most of the suggestions here can be done with an update (ok a huge update). Afterall wrc official license is unfortunately not in hand hence dirt rally 3 would be more like “dirt rally 2.1”.
A little physics update and a career expansion pack would save a year I guess. 

On 4/28/2020 at 4:33 PM, merseyxshore said:

I've definitely mentioned something like this in a similar thread before, but I would love to see more use of open spaces such as Dirtfish, or even of the RX tracks to make single venue short stage events, or even super-special stages. Single-venue rallying is quite popular in the UK, with one area being used for a whole event and the route being changed using obstacles, cones, bales, pylons etc. Basically a less whacky version of the Time challenges at Dirtfish from Dirt 4, but with pace notes etc. I always found those events to be really fun. Rallycross circuits, along with the paddock area etc could be used to make numerous short stages. 

Just seems like a good way to bring in more stages and events with less drain on resources.

I don’t know what the licensing situation would be and how easy/hard it would be to acquire, but I was thinking along the lines of the Circuit Rally Championship. For those that don’t know, there is a championship here in the UK that uses race circuits (such as Oulton Park, Knockhill, Snetterton) for single venue rallies that utilise the circuits and the access roads around the venue. 

I stopped driving halfway through a time trial run, walked to a different room to get my phone for 2FA, and signed into the forums just to post this.

Give us an option to turn on LIVE DELTA DATA in Time Trials.

2019-04-08_14h27_59.png

What do I mean by this? A perfect implementation would give us a simple green/red bar in the UI with a gap time from a selected ghost/your PB. Something similar to @bn880's RDA app which is immensely helpful when trying to shave those final few hundredths of a second. Being able to watch the real gap change based on how I attack a corner is crucial for determining the better strategy. Having raw numbers is so much more important than just using "gut" feel, or final stage time. So many variables are on the stage, and some of us dislike seeing the ghost on stage because it distracts us. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, RichWard25 said:

I don’t know what the licensing situation would be and how easy/hard it would be to acquire, but I was thinking along the lines of the Circuit Rally Championship. For those that don’t know, there is a championship here in the UK that uses race circuits (such as Oulton Park, Knockhill, Snetterton) for single venue rallies that utilise the circuits and the access roads around the venue. 

Yes this is one of the things I had in mind! A great watch on Amazon Prime if anyone's got that. 

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney

This car in kit car class 🔽

And an S2000 Class

The old Subaru and Mitsubishi Group N from Dirt 1 in the NR4 class

1317177878524093123.jpg

Edited by m260602

Posted (edited)

Dirt 3.....

Ok...all car of dirt 2.0...with peugeot 106 rally...Clio Rs....class S1600....class S2000...class WRC Plus....and old C4 wrc...Xsara Wrc....Ds3 wrc...Polo wrc...hyundai wrc

Add rally as Sanremo...Corsica...Portogallo...Safari with all rally that there are in dirt rally 2.0

In lobby public and private 16 people!!! Not only 8 !!!!

Possibility to created one rally with different special stage every rally....example 4 ps montecarlo and 4 ps sweden in the same rally created

Add more ps every rally

Edited by chry80

Alternative setups. Have someone like GTRtechnical make them but let it being adjusted to work decent on dry/wet/different stages of degradation/different tyres.

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney  Can't you guys make a patch for the game where you will be able to set up a rally in a Club and have the ability to mix several classes. For example be able to choose either an R5,an R4 or an Group A car? That would be cool.

Edited by m260602
  • Agree 1

Apart from more realistic damage system and better tarmac physics, I want a functional online mode. You know, basic stuff: ability to filter through car classes, chatbox, replay saving. Now it works like this: I join a random lobby, if I'm lucky and find a car class I like. Then people gather and we wait for 10 minutes while the host is apparently editing something, then everyone leaves.

Seriously, why are people hosting online lobbys if they don't even start the events?

The current pvp online mode is mostly a waste of time.

• Agree 1

On 2/5/2020 at 6:43 AM, caerphoto said:

• More incentive to stay on the road
    The roadsides are often rather too forgiving, meaning it's often fine to go wide on a corner because there's no penalty for doing so barring the occasional rock or tree. It'd be an improvement if this was at least less predictable: sometimes you'll get lucky and it'll be fairly smooth short grass, but other places might have very rough ground with bumps that'll ruin your suspension, get your car stuck or just be super muddy and slippery. Cutting corners or going wide should carry a significant risk.

I agree with most, except for this. They already place things purely for the sake of difficulty on the side of tracks, and some already launch you into the air for dipping even half a tire off. Its annoying enough as is, no need to make it any worse.

Difficult =/= always mean more realistic.

Though, I'd be willing to compromise if they add an assist option that softens the edge of the track or something, so people who want the most annoying experience possible can have it, while the rest of us just try to have some fun.

I don't believe it's been much mentioned, and it's not in the OP at least - but I would really like to see other cars on-stage. I know DiRT 3 had something along the same lines, but that was some time ago and wasn't the best of systems for it IMO. All we have in DR2.0 presently is seeing the car setting off before us and the one waiting behind us at the start of rallies, which promptly disappear and are never shown at the start of any subsequent stages, and broken-down cars in a random safe spot on a stage, which are relatively uncommon.

I would like to see at least one or two other drivers on the stage personally. I think they should be more spread-out, unlike DiRT 3, so that it's not constantly an issue to have them get in the way, but if you're doing exceedingly well or excessively poorly on a stage catching up to another driver or being caught up to should be pretty natural IMO. To prevent any possible issue with time trials or online tournaments this could easily be toggleable in the same way Unexpected Events are presently in DR2.0, so they don't disrupt proper competition, time trialling, or testing. Also seeing cars broken down at places that aren't obviously and easily avoidable would be nice, either as a part of such an option or as a separate sub-option. The marshals waving their arms over their heads are a great little detail we have for broken cars at present but they're never really necessary because of how easily the car is almost inevitably avoidable, so to see the option of them having a reason to be there and something to spice up repeatedly running the same stages would be excellent.

On top of this - I would really like just generally there to be more involvement of AI competitors, whether that be background activity or some sort of information feed like in DiRT 4; anything like that. I don't play the solo career personally much because it simply feels like racing in a vacuum, so adding some interactivity to make it feel like a real, live, active and busy event would be a great area of improvement to me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:03 PM, DarkRedslayer said:

I agree with most, except for this. They already place things purely for the sake of difficulty on the side of tracks, and some already launch you into the air for dipping even half a tire off. Its annoying enough as is, no need to make it any worse.

Difficult =/= always mean more realistic.

Though, I'd be willing to compromise if they add an assist option that softens the edge of the track or something, so people who want the most annoying experience possible can have it, while the rest of us just try to have some fun.

I don't want to speak for @caerphoto but feel like I know them well enough to say this opinion on harsher off-track penalties/risks is aimed at both the circuit style "slight" offs trying to maximize every inch of the stage, but also is to help specifically address the egregious cutting possible in DR2. Some places like Poland, Argentina, and New Zealand allow you to drive DEEP off the main road with almost zero risk and huge rewards.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

I don't want to speak for @caerphoto but feel like I know them well enough to say this opinion on harsher off-track penalties/risks is aimed at both the circuit style "slight" offs trying to maximize every inch of the stage, but also is to help specifically address the egregious cutting possible in DR2. Some places like Poland, Argentina, and New Zealand allow you to drive DEEP off the main road with almost zero risk and huge rewards.

I don't know specifically where you're talking about, but if you've ever watched real rally, you'd know they don't always follow the track, and they most certainly don't always go flying into the air every time they leave it.

Don't ruin the game for the sake of leaderboards that will always have cheaters some how anyway.

• Agree 1

My suggestion is to do profesional rally weekend. And make real rally atmosfere. 

Presentation 

Shakedown 

2 etaps Saturday Sunday witch super rally 

Dirt rally 2 is like hey let's make some rally today 

Codriver is like extra extra unrealistic 

• Like 1

And a way better damage engine 

Maybe normal is like now in dr2 and hardcore a way more realistic. This wat is now is a silly joke 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

they don't always follow the track, and they most certainly don't always go flying into the air every time they leave it.

I'm not suggesting making people always go flying into the air when they leave the track, that would be ridiculous. I just want the edges of the road to be more realistic, meaning you can break your car or get it stuck if the scenery implies that's what would happen in real life. If it looks like nice smooth grass or something, feel free to cut or go wide as much as you can, since that's likely what real rally drivers would (and have) done.

14 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

Don't ruin the game for the sake of leaderboards that will always have cheaters some how anyway.

I think you're imagining something nobody actually wants. We want the game to be better, which in general means more realistic.

The issue of cheaters is kind of incidental to this - if more realistic roadside terrain reduces the opportunity for large cuts, great, but that's a bonus, not the main goal. Cutting should be addressed separately, and done so it seems natural, like advertising boards or extra trees or something in the way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/6/2020 at 8:45 AM, tea3k said:

My suggestion is to do profesional rally weekend. And make real rally atmosfere. 

Presentation 

Shakedown 

2 etaps Saturday Sunday witch super rally 

Dirt rally 2 is like hey let's make some rally today 

Codriver is like extra extra unrealistic 

This! I think Dirt Rally is fun with gamepad, but driving physics isn't its attraction point for me, but I really like the whole rally experience, but it is really far away from like WRC it made me think that devs don't really follow WRC. There are so many interesting nuances that could be in the game.  

Please implement in game accumulators (total distance pr car model, per stage and rally), in game statistics, and in game telemetry data.

• Like 1

Would like it to be realistic rally simulator with realistic physics. Most of the things have been said but would also like hot seat mode. I would like to drive custom rallyes with friends.