Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Next DiRT Rally Improvements

Recommended Posts

So I’ve been thinking a fair bit lately about what I’d like to see should there ever be another DiRT Rally or rally sim title from Codies. I’ve tried to keep them realistic, rather than suggest stuff that’s impossible it very far-fetched. 
 

Main thing for me has to be a new game engine. The EGO is a bit long in the tooth now, and we need something that can handle longer stages, and more details within stages. 
 

Below is a short list of things I would love to see implemented in a new rally sim.

 

- Proper launch control for cars that have it IRL. I’m sure the developers have the ability to map the cars correctly, so we can have proper launch control for R5 & WRC cars. 

- Ability to catch cars in stages in Single Player and Multiplayer, pretty self explanatory 

- Longer stages. I’m sure most of the senior forum members are well aware that the reason we don’t have longer stages is due to the EGO engine capabilities. Hopefully with a new engine we could get 20km+ stages. 

- Increase in unexpected moments happening, such as other competitors broken down, and/or more crashed cars on stage. I don’t think there’s enough on DR2, I very rarely come across other competitors at the side of the road

- A better mechanical damage system. Broken driveshafts, broken diffs, blown engines, alternator issues. I’m not sure if licensing issues affect mechanical damage, as I know they effect the amount of damage you can visually do to some cars. 
 

I don’t really have any requests for cars other than a few WRC such as the Octavia and Córdoba. I feel like DR2 has given us a fantastic selection if Rally cars not seen in a Rally game altogether before. Unless you count all the mod cars for RBR. 
 

If you have any other realistic suggestions, please leave them below. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 3:55 PM, Rallycameraman said:

- Increase in unexpected moments happening, such as other competitors broken down, and/or more crashed cars on stage. I don’t think there’s enough on DR2, I very rarely come across other competitors at the side of the road 

 

 

Because you don't see so many in  - Increase in unexpected moments happening, such as other competitors broken down, and/or more crashed cars on stage. 

Is enough because he pressed the F2 button. Laughs!
So enough therefore  you don't see so many cars that keep you side of the road

In DR 2.0, you can drive wildly fast because nothing happens than you just press F2 and you're ready again.
Not I think is realistic. 
But that's the way it is in this game. 

F2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- New game engine with ray tracing support.

- More rallies (Safari, San Remo, Portugal, Tour de Corse, etc)

- More cars from ‘98 season to compliment McRae’s Impreza which is on it’s way.

- More realistic damage.

They should keep doing rally locations the same way they’re currently doing it, because I love that they’re actually real stages. Nothing beats that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I mentioned it more than once, reproduce the handling in such a way that it feels familiar when you pick up any new car. So such a handling, which feels more in line with the original DiRT Rally. More in line with the simulation. That would revive the original DiRT Rally spirit. This is what I want probably the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Damage parts should be diversify like transmission, suspensions, steering, overheat, brakes, turbo etc. And always visible on the hud.

Edited by ToMythTo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

for me if you look auomobilista 2 ( upgrade pcars 2 game )  is not bad for graphics  and physics 

because he have lot possibility ( weather dynamic , heavy transfert , immersive ,all different season,.....)

but if codemasters continue with EGO  he need( :

- upgrade  handbrake  ( because if you  add more normal brake   rear pressure  your loose your rear very easily   but the handbrake he no have same effect is very strange because the handbrake lock only rear wheel   so normaly your turn more easily with handbrake  but not on DR 2.0 is very strange )

-more inertia  on tarmac for steering wheel  ( for slide and drift same  than video on the limit  video )

- difference between flat and bumpy tarmac, old tarmac  road 

-update flat tarmac because when you go up and down the sensation is very very  low

- on gravel steering wheel need vibrate more   and more  bump efffect ( on bumpy, jump .....)

-heavy transfert physics ( especially for historic car ) the work physics suspension 

-more imerssive i explain :

                                       - sun less colorful ( i no said less clear because the sun is the sun )

                                      - road less shiny ( because i have impression to drive on mirror on tarmac especially in spain and germany  and RX tarmac parts )

                                      

- strategy tyre ( except if codemaster add really long stage 20 km) but tyre strategy  is very  bad 

          example :

          the more long stage create by codemaster is 12 KM ok so 

           hard tyre = 2 long stage (12 +12 km)

           medium tyre = 1 long stage  or 2 medium stage ( 12 km  or 6+6Km)

            soft tyre  = 1 medium stage or 2 short stage ( 6 km or 3+3 km )

            * this deterioate tyre work if you have very good car setup  and you attack in maximum  but if you manage your tyre is possible to drive more km with your                   tyre   or if you tyre block on braking your loose your health tyres more faster  

- really rain physics  on tarmac because with rain tyres the car is very grippy on dry and wet stage 

- tyre rain need deteriorate really more faster exemple if you have 2 stage ,  1 dry stage and after 1 wet  you need manage your tyre 

- more weather , and dynamic too   ( fog , diffrent rain , .....)

- dynamic day ( you start at the night and you finish at morning , drive in  end the  of day and finish on night   .....)

- strategy tyre for rally cross 

-pressure tyre ( idea  not very big difference,  example  codemaster add the default pressure   and you have 4 option choice exemple 2 less pressure than default tyre or 2 more pressure than default tyre ) same than shock absorber

- add new car 

- add new rally ( , portugal,  ,sardegna ,mexico , ....)   but is possible  add not official  WRC or very old  wrc  rally too  (  is idea  san remo , lombard rally , rally des geant, galeway irish rally , other USA rally , and east europe,  kenya , south africa  ) with  town and city  parts same than old rally 

- add 4 new  different medium  stage  for current rally ( ( not normal and reverse part  all 4 different stage )  

-add different weather  for  monte carlo  ( only dry , wet and snow , only snow, only wet ,...)

- better pace note  ( please !!!!!!!!)

- clutch for sequential  car !!!!!

- real simulation mod for controller not only inertia ( example if you ramp decelerate is more high  than accelerate  your motor stop when your decelerate  ,if  you have bad car setup  your car have bad effect on your car   and if you add very hard suspension and shock absorber   on bumpy road your controller vibrate very lot ......)

Edited by gk9147
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gk9147 said:

for me if you look auomobilista 2 ( upgrade pcars 2 game )  is not bad for graphics  and physics 

because he have lot possibility ( weather dynamic , heavy transfert , immersive ,all different season,.....)

but if codemasters continue with EGO  he need( :

- upgrade  handbrake  ( because if you  add more normal brake   rear pressure  your loose your rear very easily   but the handbrake he no have same effect is very strange because the handbrake lock only rear wheel   so normaly your turn more easily with handbrake  but not on DR 2.0 is very strange )

-more inertia  on tarmac for steering wheel  ( for slide and drift same  than video on the limit  video )

- difference between flat and bumpy tarmac, old tarmac  road 

-update flat tarmac because when you go up and down the sensation is very very  low

- on gravel steering wheel need vibrate more   and more  bump efffect ( on bumpy, jump .....)

-heavy transfert physics ( especially for historic car ) the work physics suspension 

-more imerssive i explain :

                                       - sun less colorful ( i no said less clear because the sun is the sun )

                                      - road less shiny ( because i have impression to drive on mirror on tarmac especially in spain and germany  and RX tarmac parts )

                                      

- strategy tyre ( except if codemaster add really long stage 20 km) but tyre strategy  is very  bad 

          example :

          the more long stage create by codemaster is 12 KM ok so 

           hard tyre = 2 long stage (12 +12 km)

           medium tyre = 1 long stage  or 2 medium stage ( 12 km  or 6+6Km)

            soft tyre  = 1 medium stage or 2 short stage ( 6 km or 3+3 km )

            * this deterioate tyre work if you have very good car setup  and you attack in maximum  but if you manage your tyre is possible to drive more km with your                   tyre   or if you tyre block on braking your loose your health tyres more faster  

- really rain physics  on tarmac because with rain tyres the car is very grippy on dry and wet stage 

- tyre rain need deteriorate really more faster exemple if you have 2 stage ,  1 dry stage and after 1 wet  you need manage your tyre 

- more weather , and dynamic too   ( fog , diffrent rain , .....)

- dynamic day ( you start at the night and you finish at morning , drive in  end the  of day and finish on night   .....)

- strategy tyre for rally cross 

-pressure tyre ( idea  not very big difference,  example  codemaster add the default pressure   and you have 4 option choice exemple 2 less pressure than default tyre or 2 more pressure than default tyre ) same than shock absorber

- add new car 

- add new rally ( , portugal,  ,sardegna ,mexico , ....)   but is possible  add not official  WRC or very old  wrc  rally too  (  is idea  san remo , lombard rally , rally des geant, galeway irish rally , other USA rally , and east europe,  kenya , south africa  ) with  town and city  parts same than old rally 

- add 4 new  different medium  stage  for current rally ( ( not normal and reverse part  all 4 different stage )  

-add different weather  for  monte carlo  ( only dry , wet and snow , only snow, only wet ,...)

- better pace note  ( please !!!!!!!!)

- clutch for sequential  car !!!!!

- real simulation mod for controller not only inertia ( example if you ramp decelerate is more high  than accelerate  your motor stop when your decelerate  ,if  you have bad car setup  your car have bad effect on your car   and if you add very hard suspension and shock absorber   on bumpy road your controller vibrate very lot ......)

Actually the dynamic weather and Adding time choice like dusk, dawn, night is what I want more. But race times may not be enough to change the day from dawn to noon for example. But yes different rain, then a sunny stage before a cloudy stage would be awesome. I really love how the game view is and really really want to feel more of that by freely selecting the weather and time options within a variety of selections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ToMythTo said:

. But race times may not be enough to change the day from dawn to noon for example.  

no is not enough imagine your start at 18:30 its end  of the day ( sun is litle bit here )  and  after the other driver start at 19 :00 and the night is here is not same race, and i think is good effect when you see the sun leave during stage, you start your headlight  and you finish the stage in start of night very good timelapse effect for me.      and dynamic weather is on dirt 4 but not dR2.0   ( imagine your start on dry road and you finish on on wet road  )

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i forgot 

-add   AI driver  on the   rally  minimum 2 AI

2 AI behind you  or 2 AI in front or 1 in front and 1 behind you

-add heavy transfert physics  for AI too  for all category race   

-and for imerssive  ( yes again )  add less colorful graphics for the decor  because i have impression to drive teletubbies  rally 2.0

 

dirt AI 

 

Edited by gk9147
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

add  more deteriorate car  when you have big crash on DR 2.0 you car have enough ,  same if you brake   lot driver on dr 2.0 drive with very big front brake  but the brake is never broken you have never probleme braking if you brake is hot ,  and sometime problem(  only for career not online )  same than dirt 4 career   is funny when car loose her power for enough  or your suspension is broken for enough . i remember  on dirt 4 when the co driver said " your motor  have problem" 2 minute later " the turbo not work " second stage  start  the clutch not work and  gear box not work correctly     i rage but after i laughing 

 by marcus gronolm " 3gear , 3 gear ,i finish the stage with only 3 gear "😅

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make the tires grip pavement more noticeably with heavier force feedback using a wheel setup!

I have never driven on a dirt road that had more grip than pavement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×