Next DiRT Rally Improvements

So I’ve been thinking a fair bit lately about what I’d like to see should there ever be another DiRT Rally or rally sim title from Codies. I’ve tried to keep them realistic, rather than suggest stuff that’s impossible it very far-fetched. 

Main thing for me has to be a new game engine. The EGO is a bit long in the tooth now, and we need something that can handle longer stages, and more details within stages. 

Below is a short list of things I would love to see implemented in a new rally sim.

- Proper launch control for cars that have it IRL. I’m sure the developers have the ability to map the cars correctly, so we can have proper launch control for R5 & WRC cars. 

- Ability to catch cars in stages in Single Player and Multiplayer, pretty self explanatory 

- Longer stages. I’m sure most of the senior forum members are well aware that the reason we don’t have longer stages is due to the EGO engine capabilities. Hopefully with a new engine we could get 20km+ stages. 

- Increase in unexpected moments happening, such as other competitors broken down, and/or more crashed cars on stage. I don’t think there’s enough on DR2, I very rarely come across other competitors at the side of the road

- A better mechanical damage system. Broken driveshafts, broken diffs, blown engines, alternator issues. I’m not sure if licensing issues affect mechanical damage, as I know they effect the amount of damage you can visually do to some cars. 

I don’t really have any requests for cars other than a few WRC such as the Octavia and Córdoba. I feel like DR2 has given us a fantastic selection if Rally cars not seen in a Rally game altogether before. Unless you count all the mod cars for RBR. 

If you have any other realistic suggestions, please leave them below. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 2/5/2020 at 3:55 PM, Rallycameraman said:

- Increase in unexpected moments happening, such as other competitors broken down, and/or more crashed cars on stage. I don’t think there’s enough on DR2, I very rarely come across other competitors at the side of the road 

Because you don't see so many in  - Increase in unexpected moments happening, such as other competitors broken down, and/or more crashed cars on stage. 

Is enough because he pressed the F2 button. Laughs!
So enough therefore  you don't see so many cars that keep you side of the road

In DR 2.0, you can drive wildly fast because nothing happens than you just press F2 and you're ready again.
Not I think is realistic. 
But that's the way it is in this game. 

F2.jpg

- New game engine with ray tracing support.

- More rallies (Safari, San Remo, Portugal, Tour de Corse, etc)

- More cars from ‘98 season to compliment McRae’s Impreza which is on it’s way.

- More realistic damage.

They should keep doing rally locations the same way they’re currently doing it, because I love that they’re actually real stages. Nothing beats that.

• Like 2

As I mentioned it more than once, reproduce the handling in such a way that it feels familiar when you pick up any new car. So such a handling, which feels more in line with the original DiRT Rally. More in line with the simulation. That would revive the original DiRT Rally spirit. This is what I want probably the most.