Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Where's Barry - Forum Unranked Lobbies

Hi everyone, 

I've had an idea that I'd like to try for a little while, a more relaxed and fun one than usual. 

With full knowledge and appreciation that I WILL be destroyed into Turn 1 at every single occasion, I will be jumping into Lobbies on PC. This will more than likely be on a Friday afternoon, so between and roughly 2:30pm and 5:30pm UTC, to take on all challengers. I will post to let people know I'm online so they can find me!

A few disclaimers on this:

•  Won't be every week.
  •  More often than not I won't have a microphone (for now). I'll be literally joining in from my desk.
  •  This is no esports series, so assists will be all open so anyone can join.
  •  It might be a nice idea that, if you are planning to track me down, to change your Steam name to match your forum name. Everyone knows who everyone is then!

I want to use trial this idea for forum players to come together with a common enemy (me) at its heart! (Or to have some top racing with your fellow forum users, which is preferred) See it is a Where's Wally, but Where's Barry (to be honest, the first one would equally apply in some opinions 😛

See you on the track (and from the barriers at T1),

Barry

• Like 6

To give an update, I'll be online today around 3.30pm UTC with (possibly) @UP100 and @1512marcel testing this out. Come and find us. 

PC for now @advanceapple

Just a test at the moment, want to see if this is an idea the Community want me to start (and continue) doing as a bit of fun.

I'll probably be on from roughly 3PM to 4.15PM or something. One of my left hand's fingers is basically almost a stationary thing, so I may have some trouble downshifting 🙂

This is when I wish there was a Codies twitch channel. I'd be happy to drop by to be entertained, offer words of encouragement and to quite possibly laugh out loud a few times. 

😎🤣

• Like 1

If we get enough support for something like that @sloppysmusic, maybe in the future.

For now, I'm online. If anyone is on and wants to join.

In and racing. 😄 

Edit: I'll have to cut it a little short today, apologies. Was more a test one to ensure all worked well. I'll have this one and possibly 1 more. Will be back next week though

Strong start to race one, good effort.

5935876.15_image.png

Thanks for the lift mystery person 👍

Too bad I missed this one and next Friday will be the same. Training till 16.30. But next possibility I’ll be there.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Although I did get destroyed (as expected) for the short first session, I'll be back if people want to join in. 

Same time, Friday, starting at around 3pm UTC until 5:30pm UTC. Same rules as last time:

•  PC
  •  Change Steam Name to match forum username

Also, look out for me in the week cropping up.

• Like 1

@BarryBL you were not alone i also get destroyed
each race not turn 1 but later in race

They spun me off track

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

One more for the collection? Sure:

20200207162738_1.jpg

You do know it’s not a bumper car, right?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Although I did get destroyed (as expected) for the short first session, I'll be back if people want to join in. 

Same time, Friday, starting at around 3pm UTC until 5:30pm UTC. Same rules as last time:

•  PC
  •  Change Steam Name to match forum username

Also, look out for me in the week cropping up.

I want to run again next time.

Also, I changed forum name to be same as Steam name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kisuke_fly said:

I want to run again next time.

Also, I changed forum name to be same as Steam name.

Hi @kisuke_fly,

We're going to run again next week. Would be interesting to see what interest Friday Forum sessions get. Hoping it will develop over the next month

Would be nice to see some more staff around too, like they did during the betas. I will do my best to be there this time. 

Have fun guys, this SO needs to be a regular Twitch event soon! Doesn't matter if there's only a few diehards watching because the feedback from chat will be more useful then. Im crossing my fingers Mr B gets through the first corner! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Have fun guys, this SO needs to be a regular Twitch event soon! Doesn't matter if there's only a few diehards watching because the feedback from chat will be more useful then. Im crossing my fingers Mr B gets through the first corner! 

Would be a nice eventual idea, maybe for big events to mirror the F1 calendar. You're more than welcome to join in on the racing.

See how popular this becomes, and the idea of a Twitch stream might become a possibility. 

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Would be a nice eventual idea, maybe for big events to mirror the F1 calendar. You're more than welcome to join in on the racing.

See how popular this becomes, and the idea of a Twitch stream might become a possibility. 

I was thinking more BEFORE it gets big if it does as it would be the perfect place to note and discuss /test issues when it's not a serious race and only us die hards would be tuning in. I know you're mainly having fun right now and probably want to actually enjoy the game instead of supporting it for once! 

I can't join myself as I don't have this year's game myself but if there was a race directors /spectator app somewhere I'd be happy to watch and add some tongue in cheek commentary. It wouldn't need to be official and probably best if it wasn't if you still want it to be fun and a place where some of us could also chat about issues and later on do testing. Pre - patch testing or later on beta lobby testing on the next game? 

Just throwing some ideas around Barry! 

Edited by sloppysmusic