Sign in to follow this  

Career Championship levels

Does anyone know roughly what each of the career championship levels are in terms of AI performance?

I think we've done some experimenting in the past and came up with these results - 

• Open: 50-60% AI
  • Clubman: 60-70% AI
  • Pro: 70-80% AI
  • Elite: 80-90% AI
  • Master: 90-100+% AI

There is a range for each tier because, as anyone who has done My Team knows, there are always a few drivers who are much faster than the rest of the pack while the other 90% of the championship drivers are drastically slower than the leaders.

Is it actually above 100% in Masters? Probably not, but holy hell does it feel like one driver in My Team gets some kind of boost in Masters and is setting blistering times that is even ahead of the 100% AI in customs. Decent rule of thumb to test yourself is just 10% difficulty bumps in custom events and you should be at least competitive in the next tier.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

I think we've done some experimenting in the past and came up with these results - 

There is a range for each tier because, as anyone who has done My Team knows, there are always a few drivers who are much faster than the rest of the pack while the other 90% of the championship drivers are drastically slower than the leaders.

Is it actually above 100% in Masters? Probably not, but holy hell does it feel like one driver in My Team gets some kind of boost in Masters and is setting blistering times that is even ahead of the 100% AI in customs. Decent rule of thumb to test yourself is just 10% difficulty bumps in custom events and you should be at least competitive in the next tier.

I feel like Pro, Clubman and Open are a bit easier than those numbers. I do fine at pro (competing for top 2 with R5 cars) and generally cannot put the difficulty higher than about 60 in most 4WD classes other than Group B.

14 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

How does this compare to Dirt Rally? I was much better at it than DR2, so could that be a factor?

3 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

How does this compare to Dirt Rally? I was much better at it than DR2, so could that be a factor?

Don't take this as gospel, but I believe Dirt Rally 1 was banded, so similar tiers to above only the 'upper' level of the spread was always 100% and it was the spread/bottom that was different in it. It means you didn't have the effect that DR2 has (and D4 was utterly tedious for) where there's no challenge at all on 'open' mode and it became a bit of a grind - even drivers well beyond my skill level always had a test.

6 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

It is similar, but DR1 "master" class was probably equal to only about 90% AI in my experience. Back in DR1 I could easily beat the Master championships once I had the upgrades and was finishing stages 10-20 seconds ahead of 2nd place. Those exact same stages in DR2 with 100% AI has me only finishing 3-8 seconds ahead of 2nd place and I can't really afford to mess up or I fall back quick.

@ianism it is very possible the ranges are actually closer to something like:

• Open: 10-30% AI
  • Clubman: 30-50% AI
  • Pro: 50-70% AI
  • Elite: 70-90% AI

It has been a loooong time since I did Open or Clubman, hell it's been forever since I've done My Team in general, so my judgement might be skewed. I also tend to be a bit faster than a lot of drivers so that definitely isn't helping since all of my guesses for the AI-to-tier %'s are based on how big of a lead I had from 2nd place. Open and Clubman I remember finishing almost a minute ahead of the AI on some stages so I had to try and estimate where that falls compared to the custom champ MP lobbies I've hosted (I leave AI on until the lobby fills up, and normally set it to 70% [medium] so people don't have to race Master AI with me).

If someone can get me some AI times from an Open and Clubman championship for any stage (let's try and get 3+ stages/times to reference) I'll do the leg work to figure out what % we need to get the same pace out of the AI in customs.

• Like 1

Open on DR2 seems to be above 35%, as I can finish in the top five on Open in Freeplay on 35%, but unless it's a stage I'm good at in My Team I struggle to get in the top five.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Good to know what sort of level I'm up against each time. 🙂