F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Bought launch edition - what happens if I buy the Ultimate Edition now?

The Ultimate Edition is cheaper than the Ultimate upgrade so what happens if I purchase it after already buying, installing and playing the Launch Editon. Will it screw things up or will I have to start from scratch?

Also, if I uninstall the Launch Edition before I install The UE - will it pick up my progress?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by GydeonX
  • Agree 1

I've wondered that as I have the day one edition,

but yes to buy the ultimate edition would probably start afresh,

i personall don't want to buy a whole game , so you would have thought the ultimate upgrade would be half the price of buying the ultimate edition ,

none of it makes sense so me personally will wait until these are a fraction of the price in sales ,

Yeah, I thought this myself too, as the UE is cheaper than then season pass. It makes sense, they kinda want you to buy the game twice, in a way 😹

I will personally wait for a sale for the season pass, I'm not even done with the main campaign yet. So, maybe by the time season 3 drops, the whole season pass will low it's price after a while.

I also hope they consider to keep supporting the game after that!

I should add that this is on PS4.

I sent an email to Codemasters customer service and they said to contact Sony. I did and have not received a response yet.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:12 AM, GydeonX said:

what happens if I buy the Ultimate Edition now?

You'll be wasting your money.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

17 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

You'll be wasting your money.

Much cheaper than getting all three seasons separately. You will be saving your money.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Ignore Leo Natan please.

Let's behave now 😛 

You'd probably get the most accurate and quickest reply from custservice@codemasters.com as they tend to be good with this kind of stuff. E: Just realised you had already sent a message there... so I guess I agree with what they've said 😛 

I don't know how PS4 stores data and so on, so I can't really answer this... Sorry 😔

On 2/5/2020 at 10:12 PM, GydeonX said:

The Ultimate Edition is cheaper than the Ultimate upgrade so what happens if I purchase it after already buying, installing and playing the Launch Editon. Will it screw things up or will I have to start from scratch?

Also, if I uninstall the Launch Edition before I install The UE - will it pick up my progress?

Thanks in advance.

If it works in the same way as DR2 and BFV then nothing will happen. I bought a physical standard edition DR2 and upgraded to the digital DX version when it was £32 on xbox store and everything worked fine afterwards. The only (minor) issue was that even though the DX stuff were just DLC addons I had to download the entire game from scratch. With BFV I purchased an Xbox key (CDKeys) for the £12.50 DX edition and already had a physical copy installed - only this time (due to it's size) I cancelled the main game installation and just installed the upgrade content. Again, everything worked fine.

I sold the physical copies of both games (£26 and £12 respectively) so for once the swop to digital was a really good deal.

When I joined the Corps, i became a corpse ............then i grew & knew dat being a zombie was Not the way i wanted to be.

So i played L4D2 cause i knew they Too would.................Now i am more puss & hiss filled then ever 

What shall i do when when All around me is a stain of mirrors ?

Oh my ..........................have times changed since then, Mwahahahhahaaaaaa More corpse's then EVER

One in all, all in multiple sweat DLC bake'n it...............jajajaja

salute eh.........

other wilds.............pick your poison !

Edited by OugaBooga
nonsense ethical
  • Disagree 1

@OugaBooga, I do not think you got the "corps" part right.

The corps in my signature is the Marine Corps from the UNSC. It is the main branch of its army. I played Halo 2, and the quote from metropolis in Heroic difficulty is one of my favorite quotes from Halo.

On 2/5/2020 at 11:12 PM, GydeonX said:

Thanks in advance.

the Ultimate Edition has one time code for upgrade inside the box. so You can just use the code without uninstalling the standard edition.

Your progress from standard edition will be archived after update, dont worry about this. 

all above was checked on PS4

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 7:12 AM, GydeonX said:

Thanks in advance.

Dont be worry.

In my case, I bought the Standard Edition first by using my North American account of PS4, then changed it to Korean account for actual play.

Also I purchased season 1 itself, but few days after there were huge discount sales for Grid Ultimate Edition.

I thought those upcoming two seasons DLCs will be more expensive than Ultimate Edition on sales, so I bought Ultimate Edition again lol

The answer is YES, you dont have to uninstall the Standard Edition to change to play it with Ultimate Edition,

it automatically unlocked and noticed to your screen that is upgraded to Ultimate Edition and you can see the VIP status on your main menu. 

You dont need to start from scratch, your progress is still linked. Ultimate Edition is kind of code I guess. There were nothing to install again or upates.     

Edited by OnionTK
  • Like 1

I went ahead and made the purchase and it all seemed to work fine other than the fact that season 2 remains locked for NA PS4 players. Thanks to minetti and OnionTk for the responses.

• Agree 2