Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[IMPROVEMENT] 3D-View of cars instead of only 2D-pictures

For each car there should be a 3D-view where you can see it in it´s full beauty, including rotating, zooming, etc. . This should be available as a menu point at the car selection, as well as in the garage (your own cars). Please add this feature, thanks :-)

Maybe there could be a car showcase as a menu point. You made that great 3D models of the cars, so please let us see them fully =)

Maybe located in a service area and in it's current state (damage wise) when you own it, and optionally in a showroom if you don't own it yet.

Maybe located in a service area and in it's current state (damage wise) when you own it, and optionally in a showroom if you don't own it yet.
I think this is a great idea, and would improve the over all 'environment of the game, current menus are quick, easy and effective, but they are a little to 'spreadsheet' like in their presentation.

an additional button to show the vehicle in 3D will be a nice touch, something like DiRT 3 ones. It shows a 2D picture while selecting and you could press another button for 3D view. 

I think the 2D preview gives a nice overview to quickly choose a car, but in addition to that I would love to be able to switch to a 3D view of the car so one could take a closer look at the liveries and the details of these awesome cars. 

I don't undestand why anyone answer 2D? Do you like stamps or what?

Now there is NO WAY to see what modded/downloaded livery/skin wish you to use, because only the official factory 2D images are visible

My answer is YES. iti s a must have!
Give us a showroom just like in Project Cars or Assetto Corsa. Absolute not a hard job to do that. Please CM

3D view please... The showroom idea is a good one, it'd make checking WIP mod liveries much easier :smile:

I think the UI looks fine at the moment. Hopefully some form of x-files can be created for skinners, sure, but there are plenty of other things that I'd rather see the guys working in than this; for whichever department it would be.

I would like the same kind of 3D view of cars like what we had in CMR2005, where you could open bonnet, doors and trunk of the car

They should do it like in Dirt 3. where you could press a button to get a 3d preview
Still doesnt beat what they did in CMR4 and CMR2005

2d images are enough for me, but why not preload some 3d models?

I don't care much about what is to see, but what is there to read/hear about the car.
Those cars have so much history in them, so much specs, so much info that players need to google somewhere.

Just please don't make it so blank like in Dirt 3, few meh senteces about the car and just 3d model with those weird yellow things flowing around, please, don't do that again...

Don't bother, it just makes for a clumsy GUI. Every car game out there does this and there is terrible lag while it loads the next car model of 1 bazillion polygons. I want to be able to flick through them quickly. The selection cards are great.

One of the reasons Dirt Rally is so good is because of its simplicity and back-to-basics attitude.

I think it would be nice to get a better idea of the livery than we currently do.  

I'm saying yes just because I'm not familiar enough with the cars to recognize them from their name and a 2d lineart. I'm clueless enough to have already bought the wrong car twice, and a third car I regretted because I didn't know it was right-hand-drive.

I mean I guess I could have google searched it

Hi Codemasters-Team!

Just started to play Dirt Rally again from the beginning. Got the nice Mini-car, the game makes lot of fun!
But if I want to buy another car, really, it´s not that easy to figure out how the car looks in 3D. Still there is only this draft picture of the cars from the side. It happend that I bought a car and was a little disappointed, because it didn´t look like I thought it would look like.

Therefor I ask you to implement a 3D-view of the cars! This is the only change I really would like to have at the moment!
You could release it with the patch on the PS4/XOne launch-day coming soon? Would be great!! =))