Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[TRACK] - Safari Rally

I want Safari Rally to be included into future update for DiRT Rally because it is an amazing landscape for rallying. Safari Rally takes place on Kenya.

Preferably with extra long stages and river crossings made from crocodiles please!

Safari was already requested. It is not only impossible to produce this long stages, but also they'd be actually a bit borring. Safari has many long, long straights, not very interesting to drive those while sitting in front of Your PC. On top of that they'd be need for random animals and locals appearing on the roads, and some kind of helicopter recon to warn about those. Impossible to do right now. Not worth resources.

Agreed with SamrRWD. And also if you want to recreate the proper safari rally you have to include the pre established times, see which driver takes less penalties to win, open roads, hundreds of kilometers of special stages and so on. I would stick to the conventional rallyes.

I agree with the above that I'd much rather see development towards perfecting the disciplines already in game, or planned to be soon, than introducing another one so vastly different.

A must have and all time classic.
Would also be nice for some new iconic cars like the Datsun 240z, Bluebird 510, Porsche 911, the classic Lancer, or existing vehicles with extra lights and/or bull bars fitted.

Concentrate on the Rallying core.  Safari would just be another Pikes Peak, nice to have, but not completely and totally relevant to Rally

OzoreXS said:
+1 just if it comes with RAID cars :)                 
Raid cars in deserts, rally cars in safari rallyes, wrc rally kenia is what people is asking
OK then; Gimme RAID cars. xD (dont care where)

• 1983 Safari Rally Kenya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43HVLbzZ40c

go watch and tell me you don't want this.... The safari one of the great epics of rally,

KevM said:
Concentrate on the Rallying core.  Safari would just be another Pikes Peak, nice to have, but not completely and totally relevant to Rally
Relevent to the modern era? Probably not, but when it comes to the history of rallying? Absolutely. This event is an absolute classic and would add some much needed variation to what we have now. However, I appreciate it's highly unlikely we'll get it with the current tech and game.