F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Starting from Zero

Hi everyone

I had bought Dirt Rally 2.0 on the Oculus Store last year and was really enjoying it (best VR experience). Especially the journey of starting with that old Fiat and earning money and progressing through the ranks.
As Codesmasters doesn't manage to get the DLC onto Oculus Store, but at the same time manage to fix the Steam Version + Oculus issue, I decided to double dip and got the game with all the DLC Seasons in the recent sale.

Sadly I recognized that getting the DLC's meant that I'm starting with over 4 million credits in my account and about 20 cars in my garage. I really would like to start from zero. Resetting the progress didn't do anything.

How do I reset this?

• Like 1

I’m not sure if there is a way. Long winded but you could keep buying and selling R5 cars? You would eventually burn through a lot of it

• Like 1

Let us know if you find a decent workaround (like buying several of the same R5 car and not using them or something) or another reset option (which I guess won't work).   I also was planning on starting from scratch when I get the time, without resets except for 1 recce per stage.

10 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

I’m not sure if there is a way. Long winded but you could keep buying and selling R5 cars? You would eventually burn through a lot of it

This is what we normally suggest. You normally recoup ~75% of the cost if I remember correctly so just spamming through buy-sell of R5 cars will get you down to 500,000cr in like 20 transactions give or take? After that, spam the Group A cars next and you should be able to cycle that 500,000cr down to about 50,000cr pretty quick. Once you are below 100,000cr though I'd probably just say good enough at that point.

Alternatively you could just go and buy all of the R5 cars and leave them in your garage and refuse to drive them until you get back to Master tier in My Team. You'll have burned the money so it won't impact your climb to Master, and by the time you get to Master the 4 million credits you are trying to get rid of will seem like nothing compared to what you've earned so having a few cars in the garage won't even feel like getting a "freebie"

18 hours ago, Hardan said:

Hi everyone

I had bought Dirt Rally 2.0 on the Oculus Store last year and was really enjoying it (best VR experience). Especially the journey of starting with that old Fiat and earning money and progressing through the ranks.
As Codesmasters doesn't manage to get the DLC onto Oculus Store, but at the same time manage to fix the Steam Version + Oculus issue, I decided to double dip and got the game with all the DLC Seasons in the recent sale.

Sadly I recognized that getting the DLC's meant that I'm starting with over 4 million credits in my account and about 20 cars in my garage. I really would like to start from zero. Resetting the progress didn't do anything.

How do I reset this?

a) I thought they implemented a feature where you really could start from zero. I can't check it myself though, for obvious reasons...

b) they're putting the DLC on the Oculus store when the McRae pack comes out, in about 7 weeks...

What happens if you go into options & extras > profile > save management and reset everything? I thought that was if you wanted to have a fresh start?

• Agree 1

On 2/7/2020 at 12:26 PM, somethingthing said:

What happens if you go into options & extras > profile > save management and reset everything? I thought that was if you wanted to have a fresh start?

It seems like it is supposed to reset all progress, but it doesn't work. I've tried a couple time and my progress remains intact. I wish they would fix this.

22 minutes ago, RobC04 said:

It seems like it is supposed to reset all progress, but it doesn't work. I've tried a couple time and my progress remains intact. I wish they would fix this.

So apparently this is intended as you paid real money for the DLC stuff so they grant you the cars and the DLC credits.    IMO it's overall also an issue that you can only have this one MyTeam career.  I'd like to start a few and one from a big fat zero.

Ahh, I didn't realize that the DLC gave credits. I'd like to start career from ground zero myself. I don't want to pay real money for credits, that circumvents the progression in the game. I'd liek to need to earn the credits and buy the cars to get access to them.

Yeah I agree, but that is what they decided to do. (there would be a lot of upset DLC users back when the cars/stages came out if they didn't get them in MyTeam I guess... <shrug>)

Edited by bn880