Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally 2.0 - How to resolve Error code: e4669c75-58-58

Hello Windows 7 users.

You may have recently experienced difficulty connecting to online servers in Codemasters games.

We have been observing your reports and believe we have identified the cause.

As part of our regular server maintenance and updates, the default security policies also get updated.

Operating systems like Windows 7, which may not have the latest security updates automatically applied, will continue to have connection issues until an update is applied by the user.

How to Fix (short version):

1. Use Windows Update to update Windows 7 and install the KB3140245 Security Patch.
  2. If you can't do [1], install the security patch manually here.
  3. If your version of Windows 7 is up to date and you're still having issues, install Microsoft EasyFix 51044

How to Fix (Long Version)

Install the KB3140245 Security Patch

• The first thing to do is to download and install the Windows KB3140245.

• You can do that using Windows Update, since it’s available as an optional update, or manually download it from the following official website:
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb3140245

• This will equip your OS with TLS versions 1.1 and 1.2.

Updating your Windows Registry file

• The next step you need to do is to patch your Windows Registry file, so that your OS will actually use the new TLS protocol versions (1.2, and 1.1 as a fallback) instead of the outdated and vulnerable 1.0 one.

• This can be done either automatically (with an official Microsoft-released patch file) or by manually editing the registry file using regedit or our own TLS12fix.reg file. We recommend downloading the EasyFix provided by Microsoft (see below).

Microsoft Patch File

• Agree 2

Hi - bought the game just this weekend complete with all the seasons, never been able to log in. I have never had any issue with a Dirt game since number 1, I have never had to join up here as I have never had any problem. I was reluctant to purchase Dirt Rally 2.0 because of the online requirements, finally I relented this weekend and surprise, surprise straight from booting the game up I have issues.

Did all the Ms updates and Easyfix solutions - TLS 1.0 though disabled by myself before these solutions made a comeback. 

So I manually edited the registry with the correct entries and still no dice. 

Finally I used another registry file fix and yet still no online.

I believe there are other "issues" and would appreciate any answers, my games "feels" somewhat broken.

Супер! Правда для первой части, но помогло! не мог с пятницы зайти. 

50 minutes ago, kuzkaworld said:

Super! True for the first part, but it helped! I couldn’t stop by Friday. 

Glad it helps 🙂 

Side-note, Win7 players of GRID and F1 might experience the same thing.

I find it interesting that you guys implement a change and those of us with Win 7 are penalized with all kinds of stuff We have to search and change,  even registry changes.  Good thing we know how to do that or we would be screwed.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised since my requests about the stuttering have been ignored.  The stuttering is a major problem.

On 2/7/2020 at 5:04 PM, PJTierney said:

My WIndows Update keeps saying that the update is not suitable for my computer, tried the manual way, it only runs the exact same Windows Update. So I thought that I'm up-to-date, so I installed EasyFix, which does nothing at all. I'm kinda stuck...

Edit: Solved by attempting the exact same for 4 times...

Edited by KulibobCZ

Installed KB3140245 Security Patch and MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi, does nothing... 

I download and installed windows6.1-kb3140245-x86_cdafb409afbe28db07e2254f40047774a0654f18, then MicrosoftEasyFix51044, & TLSFix_TLS11-TLS12.reg the error keeps identical. Error code: e4669c75-58-58

Restar and does the same 3 times.... Nothings happends

Another update or patch ??

Sup, logging in for the first time ever to tell you none of these solutions work. I've not been able to play dirt rally 2.0 online since the day I have bought it. Also play f1 2019 regularly and never have this issue. Sum ting wong. :classic_huh:

Hello!

Any info on e5669c-58-58? I cant connect to career mode or daily, monthly etc at all after I re-installed Dirt 2.0 yesterday.

Cheers

E: EasyFix did the job

Edited by paskaalahkeessa

Thanks for posting this. I haven't played in a while, and when I came back suddenly I had this error, but I fixed it following the instructions. I still use W7 because of reasons. I don't play career mode, but I like to upload my times from Time Trial to the servers.