Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Over-all Progress Reset after Early Access?

Will the progression/car-upgrade/money be lost when the game goes gold?

Online Progress - Debatable 
Singleplayer Progress (From Early Access) - At least let us keep our hard earned money/cars :smiley: 

I don't really see why there would be a reset? Most of the advantage is in learning the courses and in car control, unless Codies are gonna send around a guy with a screwdriver to lobotomise us when Early Access ends I don't know how they'd remove that bit of unfairness...

I really wish that there will be no reset of any kind when the game goes live especially the online event grind that is currently available to us.... repeating the whole process is a bummer.

Not voted as I'm not all that fussed, I suspect if they make changes to the Physics then they should reset the leader boards as the times set may not be achievable again.

But lets be honest... the cheaters will most likely show up soon and ruin it anyway. 

I don't know how You guys handled cheaters here, but on RBR scene we did random replay inspection, usually including mandatory inspection for top 3 guys. Replay files included setups, so those could be also verified if driver did not use forbidden setup settings for said car (ingame limits could be easily overpassed with manual edition). We called it "violating homologation" LOL. Of course random tournaments were hardly ever inspected, I am talking organised championships, cups, etc.

Depends. If there are any changes to the physics, or any car performance tweaks, track updates, then Yes. You cant have people at the top of the leaderboard have set times with a different set of rules.

In AC, when 1.0 came out, the (unofficial, since they don't have proper in-game ones) leaderboards were reset, so everyone starts on a level playing field. 

Like @Evilsmurf  said the only reason I would think we need a reset is if physics greatly change and make current times unattainable. But even then, I would rather just have a leaderboard/record reset not a full career reset.

SamRWD said:
I don't know how You guys handled cheaters here, but on RBR scene we did random replay inspection, usually including mandatory inspection for top 3 guys. Replay files included setups, so those could be also verified if driver did not use forbidden setup settings for said car (ingame limits could be easily overpassed with manual edition). We called it "violating homologation" LOL. Of course random tournaments were hardly ever inspected, I am talking organised championships, cups, etc.

With thousands of times a day getting posted, it's impossible to keep on top of it. Especially since most the cheaters will use a speed hack, grip hack or teleport hack.

Normally you can download the ghost car of any player you like and chase it around on track, the community are pretty good at calling cheats out but it still requires someone from codemasters to do something about it. Ultimately it becomes to much work and your better off playing in a league with people you trust not to cheat.

As sad as it is to admit, after 12 years of online gaming I'm resigned to the simple fact, cheaters will always cheat... and ultimately their is nothing we can do about it.

This is the reason I mostly ignore all online leader boards after a month of the game releasing and stick with the fast, clean racers I know and trust.

Evilsmurf said:
SamRWD said:

With thousands of times a day getting posted, it's impossible to keep on top of it. Especially since most the cheaters will use a speed hack, grip hack or teleport hack.

Normally you can download the ghost car of any player you like and chase it around on track, the community are pretty good at calling cheats out but it still requires someone from codemasters to do something about it. Ultimately it becomes to much work and your better off playing in a league with people you trust not to cheat.

As sad as it is to admit, after 12 years of online gaming I'm resigned to the simple fact, cheaters will always cheat... and ultimately their is nothing we can do about it.

This is the reason I mostly ignore all online leader boards after a month of the game releasing and stick with the fast, clean racers I know and trust.

Joining good racing leagues can help alleviate that. I know there's a few Reddit based leagues that have some of the top tier drivers in them. But I know what you mean, it's hard to "trust" the times turned in sometimes.

Good point on the leaderboards concern. I do hope codemaster can do something about cheaters when it comes to the "Online Event".

About the Reset - Every Car Physic patch Online Leaderboards should be wiped. To not ruin the leaderboards they should schedule the release of the patch by the end of  week or month.

I think it is totally fine for a game in development to have progress wipes, but I am not sure there should be a wipe for the reasons listed.