Why rain effect has been downgraded in cockpit view ?

Hello, can you please explain why rain effect has been downgraded in cockpit view ? it used to look so good!... most of the time there is no swipe effect, there is barely any rain on the windshield, most of the time you don't see the rain drops on the windshield, there is no more the movement physics of the rain drops on the windshield, it's just very very basic... at launch it looked amazing and a few days ago I wanted to play the game and I instantly noticed this.... what gives? I am max out on all settings.

3 hours ago, Tr3voRR said:

Hello, can you please explain why rain effect has been downgraded in cockpit view ? it used to look so good!... most of the time there is no swipe effect, there is barely any rain on the windshield, most of the time you don't see the rain drops on the windshield, there is no more the movement physics of the rain drops on the windshield, it's just very very basic... at launch it looked amazing and a few days ago I wanted to play the game and I instantly noticed this.... what gives? I am max out on all settings.

Can you find and upload video comparison?

2 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Can you find and upload video comparison?

I don't have one, but I am 100% positive they downgraded it. Just check yourself real quick. Go to brands hatch, take the same car and rain weather, you'll see the difference straight away with this video. Look how amazing it used to look like... I am so disapointed and disgusted that they did that...

Edited by Tr3voRR

Holy ****, that guy is right!

Rain effects on windshield are barely visible!!!

@ChrisGrovesMCM does your team have a task to ruin even what was nice in this game?

2 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Holy ****, that guy is right!

Rain effects on windshield are barely visible!!!

@ChrisGrovesMCM does your team have a task to ruin even what was nice in this game?

Nice finding a video of it thank you, I don't get why the hell they have done that...

Am thinking, maybe it's not even since the release of the season 1 dlc but the release on Stadia... they downgraded it so there would not be any comparaison video to show how **** stadia is, and google probably paid them to do that. There is no reason to downgrade your game, specialy on PC since you can change video settings for people with lesser hardware.

Edited by Tr3voRR
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

This is the way to optimize a game after updates, by removing things... 🙂

Lol that made me chuckle, who downgrades their game visualy once it's been released 😕 I have never seen such a thing, surely it should go the other way... What a shame... it looked impressive when it was launched.

This video proves and confirms those talking about downgraded rain / drops effects on windshield.. I rarely use cockipit view so i had not noticed my self , video is uploaded on 16/10/2019

• Agree 1

SilverDusk seems like a serial downvoter.

Got this flood today. Probably a fanboy unable to take any criticism of his precious game.

On topic, that's sad. Weather effects were one of the only highlights of this game. Very bad.

Codemasters logic: "Game looks terrible and still runs badly; how to optimize? Remove the only graphical feature that was good" 🤦‍♂️

Clown.png

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Where are those ex-Evolution guys when you need them?

Driveclub_Storm_2.gif

Driveclub_Storm.gif

Driveclub_rain.gif

• Like 1

holly ... this is not serious, right? this game is a joke, downgrade dlc shouldnt be free

3 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

This video proves and confirms those talking about downgraded rain / drops effects on windshield.. I rarely use cockipit view so i had not noticed my self , video is uploaded on 16/10/2019

I can tell you 100% it's not like that anymore... (it looked great when it was like that). They don't even say anything as if we wouldn't notice...

22 minutes ago, Tr3voRR said:

I can tell you 100% it's not like that anymore... (it looked great when it was like that). They don't even say anything as if we wouldn't notice...

tenor.gif

What's worse, CM is still using the high quality rain in promotional gifs on Steam:

drama.gif?t=1577806693

• Agree 1

Yes, we need an explanation. It looks like false advertising already!

PS. Look at the official trailer - this is not a bug! This is intended downgrade!

Edited by lastbreath

- Not aware of a purposeful downgrade to any visual aspect of the game. As shown by the comments in this thread: why would that occur? 

- The examples shown all use either very different, or completely unknown, platform specs. Impossible to assess and investigate without info such as this

- If you have examples of this occurring in your game, head to Technical Assistance, use the pinned guide I created for you to provide the details we need to look into something further. That's if you want something to be done about it, of course 👍

- Don't be abusive and name and shame people. It's massively unnecessary and not okay, so I've taken down the offending posts 

Again: if you want something to be investigated, use the guides we give you, provide the details needed, and we can take a look. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Chris, you just can't deny that this pic

fgh.gif.05b362a4c5ad8b4c59572da7707c041a.gif

and this pic

fjddj.gif.d9c0d162364c240178afdcac9463fd9b.gif

show absolutley different level of water simulation! This is from your official trailer!!! Even if you know nothing about it - please, tell this to your team! This is insane!

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

- Not aware of a purposeful downgrade to any visual aspect of the game. As shown by the comments in this thread: why would that occur? 

- The examples shown all use either very different, or completely unknown, platform specs. Impossible to assess and investigate without info such as this

- If you have examples of this occurring in your game, head to Technical Assistance, use the pinned guide I created for you to provide the details we need to look into something further. That's if you want something to be done about it, of course 👍

- Don't be abusive and name and shame people. It's massively unnecessary and not okay, so I've taken down the offending posts 

Again: if you want something to be investigated, use the guides we give you, provide the details needed, and we can take a look. 🙂 

Hello, please do not start talking about the spec used or the platform used etc. I play on PC, I play all setting max out since launch. At launch it looked amazing and now it looks very bad as seen in the videos in this thread.

Now you could give us the reason you downgrade it instead of making it out as if we messed up something on our side. It used to look so good and I would really like to know why you downgraded it. Is is because of Stadia?, surely it can't be for optimization because all it needs is to reduce the graphic option or make an option to not have rain.

Please, why the downgrade? If yourself are not aware, could you please ask them why? I am trully gutted, It used to look so good.

Edited by Tr3voRR
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Chris, you just can't deny that this pic

fgh.gif.05b362a4c5ad8b4c59572da7707c041a.gif

and this pic

fjddj.gif.d9c0d162364c240178afdcac9463fd9b.gif

show absolutley different level of water simulation! This is from your official trailer!!! Even if you know nothing about it - please, tell this to your team! This is insane!

That is frankly disgusting. 

• Agree 1

The second one doesn't show as much of the side/top of the windscreen, and it's harder to compare the droplets with a complex city background instead of Brands Hatch. Not saying it's not changed, just that you might want to compare the same car/track/conditions before/after.

I think some of you are blowing this completely out of propotion... Using the words "insane" and "disgusting" to a minor graphical bug seems a bit weird... Especially as next to no one cares about the major black hole issues that are seen in F1 games for example :3

• Disagree 2

@UP100

F1 games leave for F1 forums. We are worried about GRID here.

Maybe my secong gif wasn't very representative but I did it from OFFICIAL trailer to avoid accusation in bad PC settings or requirements.

45 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Using the words "insane" and "disgusting" to a minor graphical bug seems a bit weird

Minor? Water effects were almost the only visual effect GRID could be proud of. And now even it is gone.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1