Why rain effect has been downgraded in cockpit view ?

@ChrisGrovesMCM

First of all, thank you for investigation of the problem. But it doesn't end here. I'm sorry to say that but your video clearly demonstrates... OBVIOUS DOWNGRADE!

Look at these water streams after the wiper movement:

wg.gif.55c56bad7781c00d7901a6e66a4fe4be.gif   tj.gif.ccf8a81c8c0a8486d61e5d7d8b7128ef.gif

Now try to find them on your video.
You won't be able to do that.
So, please, ask your team once again - why did they downgrade rain effects.

Thank you.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 3

13 hours ago, gigiotto59 said:

this GRID 2019 has nothing to do with  first GRID

Though just as a note, the idea of GRID 2019 was only to be inspired by GRID-GRID: Autosport trilogy

1 hour ago, lastbreath said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM

First of all, thank you for investigation of the problem. But it doesn't end here. I'm sorry to say that but your video clearly demonstrates... OBVIOUS DOWNGRADE!

Look at these water streams after the wiper movement:

wg.gif.55c56bad7781c00d7901a6e66a4fe4be.gif   tj.gif.ccf8a81c8c0a8486d61e5d7d8b7128ef.gif

Now try to find them on your video.
You won't be able to do that.
So, please, ask your team once again - why did they downgrade rain effects.

Thank you.

@ChrisGrovesMCM

that's the point - this wiper waves are gone now, could You confirm it?

After investigating with the development team, we've found the source of the issue: 

- A certain selection of post-launch cars are missing a small bit of data that's reducing or removing rain effects on the windscreen 

- There's no 'downgrade' or discernible difference in the rain effects since launch. The issue is stemming from the selection of cars. 

- The issue's been identified and a fix is on the way 

- Current ETA is later this month

Thanks 👍

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

16 hours ago, gigiotto59 said:

I see a lot of people surprised about that, unfortunately it's been a while since Codamester is loosing credibility with his customers, . CM was one of the best game developpers for PS3, but with PS4 quality got worse. An example? this GRID 2019 has nothing to do with  first GRID, it was fantastic. I don't know if they have new people of just want to save money, what I can see is that this Grid version did not sell so many copies and internet is full of complain about the game. What does it mean?

PS4 has hilariously bad hardware by modern PC standards, it's been out for years now. You need to set your expectations accordingly for new game releases.

GRID looks and runs very well on PC, but is a shell of what it should have been for content and features.

5 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

After investigating with the development team, we've found the source of the issue: 

- A certain selection of post-launch cars are missing a small bit of data that's reducing or removing rain effects on the windscreen 

- There's no 'downgrade' or discernible difference in the rain effects since launch. The issue is stemming from the selection of cars. 

- The issue's been identified and a fix is on the way 

- Current ETA is later this month

Thanks 👍

that's the right way 👨‍🔧 🚗👍

is there a chance to do something with this buttonhole tree texture effect like in my avatar or should we all here confirm this effect on other topic with screens? it looks so bad 😕

Edited by minetti

Bumping this to confirm that this fix for all cars in cockpit cam will be included in the next free game update, which is just around the corner 🙂

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Bumping this to confirm that this fix for all cars in cockpit cam will be included in the next free game update, which is just around the corner 🙂

Chris i hope that new project to be a spiritual successor of Drive Club of PS4 (Evolution studios devs), no more ONRUSH please! Waiting Project Cars 3 too!

9 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Chris i hope that new project to be a spiritual successor of Drive Club

We got spiritual succeccor of GRID already... This guy believe 2 racing modes and 3 metres LOD is enough for a 2019 racing game. Let's hope he learned something from this situation...

Chris has done a fine job of dealing with us and helping apply lipstick to this pig, he has listened and communicated with us without losing it!! 🙂

• Haha 1

right, lets hope he could do some pressure on GRID team to make this game great again 😉

overall this game has the best driving model I found, well balanced between whell and pad users.

the main issue is poor ambient graphic as for game of breake 2019/2020 and we found that textures are so much better in Grid AS from 2014 😬

so it seems that this could be easily improved and we all wish and pray for it 🙏

the same is about those trees which simply require remodeling of a few 💩 basic units 👺

this game could sell better and set standards in raceing if the TEAM 👥 gathered strength and improved those elements that so strongly spoil the good experience of playing GRID

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, lastbreath said:

I thought Chris also was the producer of the game

That's Christopher Smith aka Chris.

Groves is just our friendly social media guy who has been the Community Manager of GRID 2019 and F1 Mobile Racing 🙂 

Also Chris will most likely be working on the new "unannounced" IP.

1 hour ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Surely "unnanounced" implies Project CARS 3?

If it's the new IP they're working on, Project CARS 3 is ruled out... as that's not a new series.

Hmm, it looks like "Space Driver Grid" (not my copyright) might be a reality after all...

Get SMS working on it, sack them all after it flops and Bell & co clear off back to Simbin with their wealth to finish off the next GTR game.  

• Agree 1

I more meant they said "unannouced" in inverted commas, implying that it may have sort have been announced, but not by them, hence maybe Project CARS 3. i.e. unannounced with you holding up your fingers to make quote marks :classic_biggrin: